+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Bogota Colombia 2015 ?anybody

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the Congratulations and well wishes. I really appreciate it!

I have a question to pose. . From what I've heard it can take anywhere from 1-3 months after medicals and additional declaration form are completed to have the passport requested. Can anyone verify this? If it takes 3 months our wedding in Canada will have to wait until next year. I sent all of my forms in English.

It took from Feb until July for us to hear something after I was approved if that helps. Applying for temp residence is not advisable Dwrightsk. Although the process is lengthy they will most likely deny it. When my husband and I were dating they wouldn't approve a visitor visa for him. You don't want to look desperate even if you are.

I know how difficult and frustrating this process is. Remember how much you love your spouse and that nothing else matters except reuniting with them. For those just starting this process, don't try to be brave and wait 8 months to see each other, spend the money and see each other every 4-5 months if feasible.

Good luck everyone, stay in touch!

Lmax :)

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Hello :)

i have received AOR2 from mexican VO, (i'm the applicant from mexico)

My husband(the sponsor) is a canadian citizenship but he was born in Colombia.

Now on my AOR2 they are asking me for my husband(sponsor) birth certificate copy, but he doesn't have one!!!!

Is there any way to get a BC in Canada?

He was registered in Cali Colombia.

Thanks a lot :)

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
Hello Lovelycomplex,

I was just doing some research and I think your husband should call the Colombian embassy in Toronto to see if they will issue him a copy of his birth certificate. They should have a record of his birth since he was born there. See if this works, at least it's a place to start.

Best wishes,

Lmax

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Lovelycomplex said:
Hello :)

i have received AOR2 from mexican VO, (i'm the applicant from mexico)

My husband(the sponsor) is a canadian citizenship but he was born in Colombia.

Now on my AOR2 they are asking me for my husband(sponsor) birth certificate copy, but he doesn't have one!!!!

Is there any way to get a BC in Canada?

He was registered in Cali Colombia.

Thanks a lot :)
It would be good if he could get his birth certificate from Colombia. He was registered in Colombia and then in Canada when he got his citizenship? So, Colombia can probably get him a copy.. right?.. maybe??

Shy93

Feb 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
File Transfer...
03-12-2014
Interview........
To be scheduled
Hey everyone, my husband had his interview last week! He thinks it went great but they told us to wait a week or two for an email on the results of the interview. So fingers crossed it's good news ! We had to send more from September when we sent the app and had to do the background A forms again. The officers interviewing was so nice and funNY so anyone having to take this route just relax :) I'll update on the results of thw

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Shy93 said:
Hey everyone, my husband had his interview last week! He thinks it went great but they told us to wait a week or two for an email on the results of the interview. So fingers crossed it's good news ! We had to send more from September when we sent the app and had to do the background A forms again. The officers interviewing was so nice and funNY so anyone having to take this route just relax :) I'll update on the results of thw
Thanks so much for the info! I've always wondered what interviews would be like... Where is your husband from? I'm just wondering because mine is from Ecuador and i always wanted to know if we would have to go to Colombia for the interview or if they would do it here at the consulate in Quito.
We got asked for the background forms again too.. How long after you sent the background papers in did you hear from them??

Sorry for asking so many questions and congrats it looks like your really close!!

Dwrightsk

Aug 2, 2015
Been visiting every 2-3 months which sure hurts the bank account but its worth it.

Birth Certificate - My wife was born in a small town in Antioquia and we had to get her Aunt to go down to the local notary and request a certified copy from them. They did not have a "Digital" record like we would in Canada and the capability to click print from a main office and send it via mail. She had to get her Aunt to send it "messajero" to her house.

If you know what hospital he was born in its likely he was registered in a Notary close to that. Does he have family that he can ask?

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
My husband médical expire Last week so he went to redone it Last monda y. ..but Still we ve heard nothing from them... I know on the Web site it said 12 mounth but it is much longer then I expect...from the info I had for thé past 3 years it took a round 5-6 months for almostttt everyone...I dont know why it take so long now. ..so tired of that waiting

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Hi everyone! ;D

My husband and I just found out i'm pregnant and expecting our second child <3 .. Do you guys think I need to send them this information?? I wasn't planning on doing it, but maybe i'm supposed to i don't know...

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Shy93, sounds like your husband's interview went very well. That's something to be hopeful and happy about, it won't be long now. lamika04 it sucks that your husband had to re-do his medicals, mine did as well. It seems to me immigration likes to see people throw their money away. I suppose we just have to play the game. The wait time for processing went from 12 months to 14 months for Bogota. How ridiculous!

Congratulations on your pregnancy Jennjj. I would only inform immigration if you think you still have a long wait. If your application is almost processed I would just wait it out. It's up to you if you would like to tell them. At this point because your almost through it won't make a difference.

My husband's status changed on ECAS from Application Received to In Process!! Finally some further movement. I hope this is all coming to an end soon. It's my husband's birthday next Monday and it's now two years in a row I'm missing it. Let's all think positively that there is an end to this and we will all be reunited soon.

Have a great week all!!

Lmax

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
Omggg went on the ecas this morning and finaly something change... we are now '' in process'' ! I am really exited about that. I am way more positive then Last time I post here...thanks for sharing it help a lot too...let s see if we have good news soon :)

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
I was so exited that i didnt saw the message you guys post before... Jenjj what a wonderfull news!!!! Felicitationnnnnn! Imax...Seem like they update the Ecas today,,, Jenjj are you able to login now? i'm pretty sure you must be in process today to if you can chek!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
lmax said:
Hello Everyone,

Shy93, sounds like your husband's interview went very well. That's something to be hopeful and happy about, it won't be long now. lamika04 it sucks that your husband had to re-do his medicals, mine did as well. It seems to me immigration likes to see people throw their money away. I suppose we just have to play the game. The wait time for processing went from 12 months to 14 months for Bogota. How ridiculous!

Congratulations on your pregnancy Jennjj. I would only inform immigration if you think you still have a long wait. If your application is almost processed I would just wait it out. It's up to you if you would like to tell them. At this point because your almost through it won't make a difference.

My husband's status changed on ECAS from Application Received to In Process!! Finally some further movement. I hope this is all coming to an end soon. It's my husband's birthday next Monday and it's now two years in a row I'm missing it. Let's all think positively that there is an end to this and we will all be reunited soon.

Have a great week all!!

Lmax
Thanks so much for your answer! That's what i thought, i mean i don't think letting them know would make my papers be processed any faster and i don't think the news will change anything for my app.. Thanks!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
lamika04 said:
I was so exited that i didnt saw the message you guys post before... Jenjj what a wonderfull news!!!! Felicitationnnnnn! Imax...Seem like they update the Ecas today,,, Jenjj are you able to login now? i'm pretty sure you must be in process today to if you can chek!
Thanks so much! ;D You know it's pretty insane, but i still cannot log on to ecas so i guess i will never know ::) ... I really hope all this change means good news for everybody! I'm crossing my fingers! Goodluck!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.