+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal open work permit and minor children

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I need some help regarding my child visa. I am an internation student in Canada. My spouse applied for her Spouse open work permit and visitor visa for my child (4 years old). My wife and son both got medical requests at the same time and my wife got approval on 17th February, but there is no response for my child even after 2 weeks.
My consultant submitted a webform last week, but there is no response yet. What can be the possible reason behind that?
Thank u in advance.
They are all separate approvals. Would imagine you should hear about the TRV soon.

ranimol

May 29, 2021
Hi
Would anyone help me in my case
Iam in canada holding employer specific work permit + NOC C category job and iam nominated by province. I plan to bring my husband on open work permit and children on study permit (from India). In this case my husband has to open GC account and apply for him and children? Or I need to apply on my GC account? And if any financial ( funds) proof needed for open work permit?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi
Iam in canada holding employer specific work permit + NOC C category job and iam nominated by province. I plan to bring my husband on open work permit and children on study permit (from India). In this case my husband has to open GC account and apply for him and children? Or I need to apply on my GC account? And if any financial ( funds) proof needed for open work permit?
1, Your spouse is not eligible for an OWP as your job has to be NOC 0, A or B.

SudeerS

Jun 2, 2021
Hi
It Doesnt matter whether you are applying under your GC account or your spouse GC account. But yes, you need to show proof of funds for your spouse open workpermit.

In mycase my wife is currently working in Canada on a WP and our PR is under process. And in the mean time, I filed application for my Openwork permit on my GC account and uploaded all documents ex: proof of funds from both my account and my wife account, relation ship declaration, medical, employment, education etc...

Its been 3 months and i haven't received any status yet and still waiting for their response.

ranimol

May 29, 2021
please help
imm1294 for study permit - its mandatory field to fill tuition fees and funds available but in minor case (14yrs) what to be filled there? and in same form background information only to be filled above 18yrs old person? Or parent has to fill that part for minors?