+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal open work permit and minor children

Ekatuazon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
for 2yo does, is it ok to be TRV then purpose of visit is family visit? date of travel would be until end of my husband's work permit? please advise. thanks.

alainn

Nov 26, 2019
How can you apply for a Study Permit if you don't have acceptance letter from school though?

alainn

Nov 26, 2019
I read this page, but it's still unclear to me, how can we apply. If we include our kids in the application and ask for study permits the system wants acceptance letters from us. What can we upload instead of it? Can we not include kids in the initial application and wait for our work permits approval first? We are Polish citizens living in UK, theoretically our kids don't need visas to enter Canada at all. And our plan is that my husband goes there first, and the rest of us few months later.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I read this page, but it's still unclear to me, how can we apply. If we include our kids in the application and ask for study permits the system wants acceptance letters from us. What can we upload instead of it? Can we not include kids in the initial application and wait for our work permits approval first? We are Polish citizens living in UK, theoretically our kids don't need visas to enter Canada at all. And our plan is that my husbands go there first, and the rest of us few months later.
You just upload a letter stating "accompanying parent on work permit" or something in place.

alainn

Nov 26, 2019
You just upload a letter stating "accompanying parent on work permit" or something in place.
Thank you!

If I may clarify, is it also possible not to include them in this application atm? And apply later? Because they won't go there for another few months anyway.
Or can they just go there as visitors, and then just go to school since:

"Minor children who are already in Canada may study without a study permit if they:
  • are in kindergarten, no matter what their parents’ status is in Canada
  • want to go to pre-school, primary or secondary school and have a parent who is allowed to work or study in Canada"

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you!

If I may clarify, is it also possible not to include them in this application atm? And apply later? Because they won't go there for another few months anyway.
Or can they just go there as visitors, and then just go to school since:

"Minor children who are already in Canada may study without a study permit if they:
  • are in kindergarten, no matter what their parents’ status is in Canada
  • want to go to pre-school, primary or secondary school and have a parent who is allowed to work or study in Canada"
Yes, that is also an option.

Sazm

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Hi
any updates on kids visas for any of you and the timeline is took?
please update as i am in the same boat.
Thanks

Kaler Jaspreet S

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Hi,
I need some help regarding my child visa. I am an internation student in Canada. My spouse applied for her Spouse open work permit and visitor visa for my child (4 years old). My wife and son both got medical requests at the same time and my wife got approval on 17th February, but there is no response for my child even after 2 weeks.
My consultant submitted a webform last week, but there is no response yet. What can be the possible reason behind that?
Thank u in advance.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
i just applied for my work permit, open work permit for spouse and study permit for 4 year old. all applied from india. If you are not sure about the school, you can still apply for study permit for a child.