end of 01/2013 to seoul
Med's Request
03/2014 asked for remed and crim recheck
Med's Done....
03/2014
Interview........
06/2014-E -CAS update shows decision made, waiting on what the decision is
CanAsian said:
Congrats patientcanuck. You should be getting a package in the mail soon. It gets there pretty quick, i think it was under 2 weeks for us. Just check the expiration date on the copr. We had to land pretty quick because her medical was almost about to expire but luckily we were already here so we were able to flagpole right away. Not very much of an interview in our case. Just asked where she will be living, any dependants, and any criminal offences. Nothing to stress out over.
Thanks, i was hoping to hear that, we recently did re-med so i have a feeling to COPR shouldn't have too strict a timeline! I can already feel the stress melting away.

Congrats to you too btw!

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
PatientCanuck said:
Thanks, i was hoping to hear that, we recently did re-med so i have a feeling to COPR shouldn't have too strict a timeline! I can already feel the stress melting away.

Congrats to you too btw!
Congrats

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I just got email from Manila office.
They request more supporting docs regarding to a sponsor's ( my husband) intention to reside in Canada before and after my PR .
we arrived in Canada last Nov and he is working full time job now.
i wonder what kind supporting docs should I send.
Does this mean they start to processing my file now and should I pay PR fee now?

Thank you for your reply in advance.

p.s I missed a phone call today - it is from 57 6342 8619- is this number from CIC?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
floomy said:
Hello
They request more supporting docs regarding to a sponsor's ( my husband) intention to reside in Canada before and after my PR .
Does this mean they start to processing my file now and should I pay PR fee now?
Get a letter from his job, stating all his main work info (starting date, position, salary, etc). Plus show some evidence (like a rental/lease contract) on where you are currently living in Canada.

Seeing as you are already in Canada now, I don't see this being difficult to prove.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
Get a letter from his job, stating all his main work info (starting date, position, salary, etc). Plus show some evidence (like a rental/lease contract) on where you are currently living in Canada.

Seeing as you are already in Canada now, I don't see this being difficult to prove.
Thank you for quick reply.
we currently stay in his parents's house so no rental/ lease.
would it help his/ my cell phone contract or Autopac( MB ) Insurance record etc?

thank you again.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
floomy said:
Thank you for quick reply.
we currently stay in his parents's house so no rental/ lease.
would it help his/ my cell phone contract or Autopac( MB ) Insurance record etc?

thank you again.
You can get his parents to write a rental agreement out (even if no rent is paid), or have them write a stat declaration that you are living there.

And yes, any other proofs you can think of that shows he has already re-established residency in Canada, will all help.

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Seems to be a few Albertans on here - and I believe I haven't seen this question specifically for Alberta asked yet (I've seen BC and ON, I believe on this thread)

Question:

I have a Korean Driver's License (I swapped my AB one for it, as it was expiring anyways, about 4 years ago). Looked online, seems AB and South Korea offer a reciprocal agreement, meaning I can just roll into any AMA and swap over my South Korean license for an AB license?

Is this correct? If so / If not - what else should I bring along besides my Korean License? (I'm in Korea now, so I can gather any docs before I take off)

Thank you!

Daantaat

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 7, 2013
Doc's Request.
09-09-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-04-2013
Med's Request
Remeds: October 2, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-21-2014 - Scan of Passport Info Pg requested
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2014
LANDED..........
June 7, 2014
Marticus said:
Seems to be a few Albertans on here - and I believe I haven't seen this question specifically for Alberta asked yet (I've seen BC and ON, I believe on this thread)

Question:

I have a Korean Driver's License (I swapped my AB one for it, as it was expiring anyways, about 4 years ago). Looked online, seems AB and South Korea offer a reciprocal agreement, meaning I can just roll into any AMA and swap over my South Korean license for an AB license?

Is this correct? If so / If not - what else should I bring along besides my Korean License? (I'm in Korea now, so I can gather any docs before I take off)

Thank you!
You shouldn't need any documents if your current license is still valid. Although, I would recommend getting a copy of your driving record from Korea; you should be able to request it at a police station. It should automatically come with English translation. If you have a former Alberta d.l., then they can just search for you on the computer and do a straight exchange of your Korean license to an Alberta license. It's nice to have the driving record in case they have questions about your driving history abroad, and the driving record will come in handy for your car insurance here.

CanAsian

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-06-2014
Daantaat said:
You shouldn't need any documents if your current license is still valid. Although, I would recommend getting a copy of your driving record from Korea; you should be able to request it at a police station. It should automatically come with English translation. If you have a former Alberta d.l., then they can just search for you on the computer and do a straight exchange of your Korean license to an Alberta license. It's nice to have the driving record in case they have questions about your driving history abroad, and the driving record will come in handy for your car insurance here.
I just went in to the registry and told them I lost my drivers license. Showed them my ID and they had a new one sent to me. Now I have both drivers licenses so I can drive when we visit Korea.

CanAsian

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-06-2014
floomy said:
Hello

Thank you for your reply in advance.

p.s I missed a phone call today - it is from 57 6342 8619- is this number from CIC?
I sent:
1. Job offer
2. cell Phone bill
3. A void cheque to show proof of bank account
4. Internet bill
5. I didnt have a rental lease under my name because my brother had set up a place for us before we got back. I just wrote a note saying that.

I think you can write a short letter saying you are living with your parents. As long as you have other proof that you are in Canada it should work. I would send it ASAP if you want your visa soon. They sent out my wife's visa the day they received my extra documents showing proof that i intend to live in Canada.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanAsian said:
I sent:
1. Job offer
2. cell Phone bill
3. A void cheque to show proof of bank account
4. Internet bill
5. I didnt have a rental lease under my name because my brother had set up a place for us before we got back. I just wrote a note saying that.

I think you can write a short letter saying you are living with your parents. As long as you have other proof that you are in Canada it should work. I would send it ASAP if you want your visa soon. They sent out my wife's visa the day they received my extra documents showing proof that i intend to live in Canada.

Thank you for your reply.

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
Hello all,

Can my wife get a bank account in Canada before receiving her PR acceptance?

She needs something with our Canadian address before exchanging her drivers licence.

Thanks!

Daantaat

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 7, 2013
Doc's Request.
09-09-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-04-2013
Med's Request
Remeds: October 2, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-21-2014 - Scan of Passport Info Pg requested
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2014
LANDED..........
June 7, 2014
Red Tape Sucks said:
Hello all,

She needs something with our Canadian address before exchanging her drivers licence.

Thanks!
Some banks will do it and some won't. We tried to get an account for my husband at one TD branch but the manager wouldn't do it until he had his actual PR in hand. But when we went to my own branch, the CSR offered to open an account and give him a credit card on the spot. We've only dealt with TD though. I would suggest talking to your personal banking manager and seeing if it helps that you've got an established banking history so they know you. Not that they know your wife, but it all depends on your rapport with your own bank. (Personally, the CSR who offered the account to my husband pre-COPR was himself a recent Asian immigrant, so maybe that had something to do with it.)

PatientCanuck

Mar 3, 2014
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul ---->Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/2013
File Transfer...
end of 01/2013 to seoul
Med's Request
Med's Done....
03/2014
Interview........
Red Tape Sucks said:
Hello all,

Thanks!
My wife has a Canadian bank account through TD, but she may have been able to do it because she was a student at the time. Of all the banks i would contact them first, as I bank with RBC and they weren't as helpful.

PatientCanuck

Mar 3, 2014
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul ---->Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/2013
File Transfer...
end of 01/2013 to seoul
Med's Request
Med's Done....
03/2014
Interview........
For those of you who have landed and such, did you receive, ( or your spouse) a phone call prior to receiving the COPR. My wife is under the assumption that they call first to verify the address to mail it to, but i thought they just sent it out to whatever was on file without verifying.
Thanks again,