Waived
Passport Req..
03-21-2014 - Scan of Passport Info Pg requested
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2014
LANDED..........
June 7, 2014
PatientCanuck said:
For those of you who have landed and such, did you receive, ( or your spouse) a phone call prior to receiving the COPR. My wife is under the assumption that they call first to verify the address to mail it to, but i thought they just sent it out to whatever was on file without verifying.
Thanks again,
No, no phone call, email, letter, etc. One day the doorbell rang and it was the courier with the COPR package, which included the COPR and our original pictures, documents, etc., from our application.

When we moved to Canada from Seoul, I phoned the CIC office in Canada and told them about the address change. The person I spoke to told me that because we had applied outland, that I should email the Manilla VO and give them the new address details along with my husband's UCI # and our application #. I sent the email and a few days later it was changed in the ecas system.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
PatientCanuck said:
For those of you who have landed and such, did you receive, ( or your spouse) a phone call prior to receiving the COPR. My wife is under the assumption that they call first to verify the address to mail it to, but i thought they just sent it out to whatever was on file without verifying.
Thanks again,
They do not call. They just send it based on current address they happen to have on file.

PatientCanuck

Mar 3, 2014
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul ---->Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/2013
File Transfer...
end of 01/2013 to seoul
Med's Request
03/2014 asked for remed and crim recheck
Med's Done....
03/2014
Interview........
06/2014-E -CAS update shows decision made, waiting on what the decision is
Daantaat said:
No, no phone call, email, letter, etc. One day the doorbell rang and it was the courier with the COPR package, which included the COPR and our original pictures, documents, etc., from our application.

When we moved to Canada from Seoul, I phoned the CIC office in Canada and told them about the address change. The person I spoke to told me that because we had applied outland, that I should email the Manilla VO and give them the new address details along with my husband's UCI # and our application #. I sent the email and a few days later it was changed in the ecas system.
Wonderful, thanks for the quick answer, you rock
Rob, just saw your response, you also rock

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
Daantaat said:
I should email the Manilla VO and give them the new address details along with my husband's UCI # and our application #. I sent the email and a few days later it was changed in the ecas system.
I did this a couple weeks ago and received a confirmation from Manilla that they received the email, but there have been no changes made to my account or my wife's on the site.

Should I email them again?

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
My wife and I both received emails today from Manilla asking for some additional information.

"In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documentation:

1) Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who is not accompanying you to Canada.

2) Your original South Korea police certificate"

The first one is no problem, but what exactly is the second one? We sent her original Korean police certificate, as well as the translated with notarisation one..... what are they looking for now? They have lost it and need it again? We sent the wrong thing? It's a little bit confusing. ???

I think that this is a good sign and that maybe we are getting close to the end of this process? It seems like a few of you on here received your approval not too long after sending these additional documents, correct?

PatientCanuck

Mar 3, 2014
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul ---->Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/2013
File Transfer...
end of 01/2013 to seoul
Med's Request
Med's Done....
03/2014
Interview........
Red Tape Sucks said:
My wife and I both received emails today from Manilla asking for some additional information.

"In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documentation:

1) Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who is not accompanying you to Canada.

The first one is no problem, but what exactly is the second one? We sent her original Korean police certificate, as well as the translated with notarisation one..... what are they looking for now? They have lost it and need it again? We sent the wrong thing? It's a little bit confusing. ???

I think that this is a good sign and that maybe we are getting close to the end of this process? It seems like a few of you on here received your approval not too long after sending these additional documents, correct?
This was the same request that was sent to me around march of this year. I think it is requested to cover the gap in time from when you applied, ( and your application is just sitting in a pile somewhere), to when they actually start processing it. Since they won't have any info regarding your app since you submitted, they need to ensure nothing has changed that would affect your application, ( such as becoming a master criminal).

I would suggest being really careful with the police certificate, we had to submit it three times( initial app, when they requested, and then again a month later). Each time we sent the correct one with the lapsed record, however when it was translated it may not have explicitly stated it as such on our second one, and they sent out a generic request for another copy with no reason why. The only reason I know that they thought our second one sent in was deficient, ( they said it didn't include lapsed record when it did), is because i went to an MP's office and they called Ottawa to figure out what was wrong.
I hope his is helpful

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Red Tape Sucks said:

You may want to email them and ask why they are requesting a new criminal back ground search. In my case, and at least one other case in this thread, it was because the original search was deficient as the police failed to search lapsed records. If that's the case, the new one you submit will have to include the lapsed records search. It's a fairly common mistake for Korean applicants to make.

The Appendix A request seems to be something they request at the beginning of the process, so I suspect you're still in for a bit of a wait.

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
Thanks bartjones & PatientCanuck

Our first one included the lapsed record, both in the Korean and the translated version. It was something that my wife made sure to look for, because we had heard that it was a problem. That's why we are a little confused.

The Appendix A is simply for my wife (applicant), myself (Spouse), and our son (child 1). Her other family members (mother, father, sisters, etc.) are not included, correct?

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Red Tape Sucks said:
Thanks bartjones & PatientCanuck

Our first one included the lapsed record, both in the Korean and the translated version. It was something that my wife made sure to look for, because we had heard that it was a problem. That's why we are a little confused.
Okay. I guess I'd find that to be an even better reason to ask why they want another one.

The Appendix A is simply for my wife (applicant), myself (Spouse), and our son (child 1). Her other family members (mother, father, sisters, etc.) are not included, correct?
Correct.

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
bartjones said:
Okay. I guess I'd find that to be an even better reason to ask why they want another one.
I just sent them an email asking them to elaborate on what they would like and what the problem with the original one was.

This will be the 4th time I have emailed them, and I have yet to receive a response from them.... Hopefully they get back to me quickly, as we are leaving Korea in a week!

PatientCanuck

Mar 3, 2014
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul ---->Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/2013
File Transfer...
end of 01/2013 to seoul
Med's Request
Med's Done....
03/2014
Interview........
bartjones said:

Correct.
Hey Red tape, what you are describing sounds identical as to what happened to me. Although i mentioned it a bit earlier, I figured I would explain what we did to fix the problem and move forward.

1) Contact a local MP and have them contact Ottawa to read the notes regarding your last police certificate to see if it was deficient. If they are able to give you info that's great, ( which they were able to do for me), fix whatever it was and redo your police cert with translation.

2) If you can't get any info, re-do the certificate. It's probably faster to give them what they want rather than tell them they're wrong, or get an explanation on why they want another doc. If your report was deficient, I'm confident that you did do the correct search last time, but i have a feeling what may have happened is your translation may not have explicitly stated "lapsed record" on the translated version. In my case, we got essentially the exact same police report, ( you can even search your history getting police reports, which lists if you searched lapsed record), but ensured the third time we sent it the English translation blatantly said " Lapsed record was searched", or something to that effect.
3) they may only be asking for these things since they are now looking at your application and want up to date info, which is a good thing, since it means at least your application is under process. It took me 14 months to get to where you are.

As you can see, regardless of which scenario may be applicable to you, your best solution is almost always to do the reports again asap, ensure the translation says almost verbatim that " lapsed search included", and then smile because it means you are closer to the end of the process than you were 1 month ago.

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
PatientCanuck said:
Hey Red tape, what you are describing sounds identical as to what happened to me. Although i mentioned it a bit earlier, I figured I would explain what we did to fix the problem and move forward.

1) Contact a local MP and have them contact Ottawa to read the notes regarding your last police certificate to see if it was deficient. If they are able to give you info that's great, ( which they were able to do for me), fix whatever it was and redo your police cert with translation.

2) If you can't get any info, re-do the certificate. It's probably faster to give them what they want rather than tell them they're wrong, or get an explanation on why they want another doc. If your report was deficient, I'm confident that you did do the correct search last time, but i have a feeling what may have happened is your translation may not have explicitly stated "lapsed record" on the translated version. In my case, we got essentially the exact same police report, ( you can even search your history getting police reports, which lists if you searched lapsed record), but ensured the third time we sent it the English translation blatantly said " Lapsed record was searched", or something to that effect.
3) they may only be asking for these things since they are now looking at your application and want up to date info, which is a good thing, since it means at least your application is under process. It took me 14 months to get to where you are.

As you can see, regardless of which scenario may be applicable to you, your best solution is almost always to do the reports again asap, ensure the translation says almost verbatim that " lapsed search included", and then smile because it means you are closer to the end of the process than you were 1 month ago.
We are planning to do exactly that on Monday. Going to the police office Monday morning, then to a translation place near our house, and finally to the post office to get it sent that day. I have no interest in getting into an email war with them, especially with their highly efficient 28 day service standard...haha

I sent the email in hopes that they actually respond to something, and if there was a different mistake, we can fix it. If it is the lapsed search (which it shouldn't be, as we did check that it said that in English before it was originally sent), then the problem should already be solved by the documents that we are sending Monday ;D

Thanks for the help guys!

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Red Tape Sucks said:
We are planning to do exactly that on Monday. Going to the police office Monday morning, then to a translation place near our house, and finally to the post office to get it sent that day. I have no interest in getting into an email war with them, especially with their highly efficient 28 day service standard...haha
I guess it depends on the particular individual handling your file, but in my case, when I asked what was wrong with the first search, they responded the next day.

PatientCanuck said:
He may have some difficulty getting an MP involved since it looks like he only filed his application 6 months ago.

PatientCanuck

Mar 3, 2014
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul ---->Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/2013
File Transfer...
end of 01/2013 to seoul
Med's Request
Med's Done....
03/2014
Interview........
bartjones said:
I guess it depends on the particular individual handling your file, but in my case, when I asked what was wrong with the first search, they responded the next day.

He may have some difficulty getting an MP involved since it looks like he only filed his application 6 months ago.
You are completely right, my oversight, they didn't do anything for me until its over the published expected time period on CIC website.

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
bartjones said:
This is encouraging, hopefully we will get a response on Monday!

I'll contact the MP over the weekend as well, there is no harm in trying I guess.