sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
C O P R !!! Whooooohooooooo!

We just opened the envelope and a beautiful long sheet of paper on top with COPR across the top! It's been about 15 months since it was sent off! HAPPY! :D

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
CanNZ said:
Hopefully that is good news K2C.

Btw, did your wife have to do a re-med?
Yes, had to re-med because the app took longer than 12 months. The first one expired.

CanAsian

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-06-2014
Korea2Canada said:

We just opened the envelope and a beautiful long sheet of paper on top with COPR across the top! It's been about 15 months since it was sent off! HAPPY! :D
Welcome to the club. Congrats! When are you guys heading over?

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Question Guys:

There was no mention of when the landing must be completed by. I'm guessing it is 12 months from the re-medical.

On the COPR:

Heading: APPLICATION DETAILS:

Issued date: 2014/06/** Valid to: 2015/05/**

( this is exactly the same as 12 month duration of the re-medical )

Does this mean we have until May 2015 to do the landing?

Thanks guys for any clarification on this. I was expecting this to be clearly stated in the cover letter that was attached.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Korea2Canada said:

Great news. Congrats again.

CanAsian

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-06-2014
Korea2Canada said:
Question Guys:

There was no mention of when the landing must be completed by. I'm guessing it is 12 months from the re-medical.

On the COPR:

Heading: APPLICATION DETAILS:

Issued date: 2014/06/** Valid to: 2015/05/**

( this is exactly the same as 12 month duration of the re-medical )

Does this mean we have until May 2015 to do the landing?

Thanks guys for any clarification on this. I was expecting this to be clearly stated in the cover letter that was attached.
I believe its the "valid to" date. We got our COPR in June and it was only valid until July. Luckily we were already here. You will have until may 2015 to land.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
"2. How long can I wait to land in Canada after my Canada Immigration Visa is issued?

You must land in Canada before the expiry date, which appears on your Canada Immigration Visa. Usually, the expiry date is one year from the time medical examinations were completed. As this is not always the case, be sure to verify the expiry date as soon as you receive your Canada Immigration Visa."

Quoted from the official section of this site.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
If that is correct re: the landing date corresponding to the re-medical 12 month period it is also great news! This means we have time to get get everything arranged, etc. I was thinking we would have a few weeks or something to do the landing. Again, if this is correct it is an advantage to doing a re-medical since it is hard to plan things when the PR process is unknown, etc. I will have to get official info. on this to be sure but the date I posted above for 2015 seems correct.

Thanks Guys!

A sincere thank-you to everyone on this site (especially this thread) for all of your postings (always fast and accurate) throughout my time on this site. It was a real support network for me throughout the process. Especially Bart Jones ( and Rob ), thank-you so much for your time and effort on this site. For other still in process, I suggest not worrying too much but just wait out the process as relaxed as you can. I lost sleep due to thinking if I forgot documents, didn't sign a page, etc, etc. At the end of the process is does feel amazing though. It was like waiting for Santa but he didn't show up! :)

I would not want to do it again.

Sincerely, K2C

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
Marticus said:
Hi! Yeah, sounds like you got a bit of the run-around there. I got mine done at the Dongbu Main Police Station, in Daegu.

We sent off our criminal record that was identical to that of the example shown on various websites (naver etc,) but there is a *newly* formatted one (same stuff, just different style) It took about as long as it took the printer to print a copy of both English and Korean versions (like under 1 minute).

*note* Again, this version is different than the original one we sent in (the one shown in the examples), we were assured that this is the same thing, just a different format
Well, here is what we got today. My wife called the National Police Agency and asked about the police certificate that we received. What they said is that diplomatic offices have said that the translated and notarised form in no longer valid and needs to be changed. So the certificate we received is the newest one and the ONLY one available in English. She said that this form was specifically made because of requests from diplomatic offices (like CIC). We went to a different office (the section of foreign affairs) in the police station than where you get your Korean criminal checks. The National Police Agency said that this is the form specifically made for visa applications and people who request police checks from foreign countries.

According to them, the one that you received in Daegu is illegal to submit anywhere, it is only a personal document. When my wife asked about translating the Korean one, she was yelled at, and told that it should not be done (the tone was like, why are you being so ignorant).

So we are going to submit the one that we received yesterday to Manilla and get a Korean one done today. If Manilla does not accept this one, we will get the Korean one translated in Canada and send it again......... ???

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
Congrats K2C!!!

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Red Tape Sucks said:
Well, here is what we got today. My wife called the National Police Agency and asked about the police certificate that we received. What they said is that diplomatic offices have said that the translated and notarised form in no longer valid and needs to be changed. So the certificate we received is the newest one and the ONLY one available in English. She said that this form was specifically made because of requests from diplomatic offices (like CIC). We went to a different office (the section of foreign affairs) in the police station than where you get your Korean criminal checks. The National Police Agency said that this is the form specifically made for visa applications and people who request police checks from foreign countries.

According to them, the one that you received in Daegu is illegal to submit anywhere, it is only a personal document. When my wife asked about translating the Korean one, she was yelled at, and told that it should not be done (the tone was like, why are you being so ignorant).

So we are going to submit the one that we received yesterday to Manilla and get a Korean one done today. If Manilla does not accept this one, we will get the Korean one translated in Canada and send it again......... ???
Can you get the new English form in any major police station? I love that the guy yelled at your wife! Of course she should know the ins and outs of police checks...doesn't everyone! lol.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Red Tape Sucks said:
Remember, the check is only valid for 3 months. Chances are that if Manila rejects the one you submit, that will probably happen far more than 3 months from now. You may want to submit both now and let Manila figure it out.

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
jmomcc said:
Can you get the new English form in any major police station? I love that the guy yelled at your wife! Of course she should know the ins and outs of police checks...doesn't everyone! lol.
Yes, I believe so. We got ours at the Anyang Police Station.

I am sad to admit this, but dealing with the Korean government is a whole lot easier than dealing with the Canadian one. (the getting yelled at part aside.. haha) I can't believe how long it takes our government to do anything, and the 28 day standard of service is just inexcusable. Look how easy it is to get an F6 or F5 Visa here, which is essentially the same (especially the F5) to getting a PR card.

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Hi everyone, got my *first* email from Manila today. haha yay, guess this means they actually received my package from Mississauga

Anyways, I have to provide further details, both of which I provided already, but I'll do it again. Cutting n' pasting below:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act establishes that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documentation:

Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who is not accompanying you to Canada.

Documentary proof of your sponsor's intent to resettle in Canada. Note: Your sponsor may provide a detailed plan, including documents to support the steps he has taken to implement his plans.

This documentation is reasonably required to complete the assessment of your application. If we do not receive all of the above documentation from you WITHIN FORTY-FIVE (45 DAYS) of the date of this letter, a final review of your application will be completed based on the information available on file. Please note that this may result in a refusal of your application.
A couple questions for the two documents I need to send:

1.) Appendix A: I forget, and I always get them confused: On this form specificially, who is who? My wife (Korean) is the principal applicant, and I'm the spouse? or visa-versa?

2.) Intent: Lots of discussion about this one, so I think I'm all set. I'm going to provide everything I provided before, with the addition of a 'job offer' and a 'plane ticket.' (I didn't have these documents before as I hadn't even begun the process of job searching etc... Luckily, I was able to get a job while still being in Korea! Added to this is, since I'm still in Korea, I'll be getting everything sent to me via email, and then I'll be printing it out over here, is that cool (like sending my job offer / job info across, but it not being the Canadian original?) So, in total for this one, I'm going to send:

a.) courier company forms b.) 'plan of attack' essay written by myself c.) animal shipping correspondence d.) job offer e.) parent's accomodation support letter f.) plane ticket

Will this cover all my bases here?

Thank you!

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014

So we are going to submit the one that we received yesterday to Manilla and get a Korean one done today. If Manilla does not accept this one, we will get the Korean one translated in Canada and send it again.........
Sorry to hear about that, red tape sucks. We were assured that the newly formatted document was just fine, and we did get it in both languages, without hassle. That being said, we have not submitted it - and we did submit the older formatted version and we just got an email from Manila asking for a couple extra docs, with NO mention of the criminal record check. I can only assume from this that the old style, we sent in, was just fine and we ticked off all the 'lapsed record' boxes etc. For the newer version, seems like there are conflicting messages happening. Could it be that BOTH are just fine? like the Daegu way and the Anyang way are both acceptable? haha for that, I have no idea. Keep me updated with your result on this