Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
I actually did email them a few months ago to let them know that I moved and asked if they could confirm to me when they changed my address. They never responded to me. Then my wife emailed them and asked if they could provide an update as we have been waiting for a while. They responded to her but they said the following:

Madame,

Notre bureau confirme que votre demande est présentement en cours de traitement selon nos procédures régulières.

Nous sommes au regret de ne pouvoir vous donner un délai de traitement exact dû au volume important de dossiers à traiter que nous gérons par ordre chronologique d'arrivée.

Pour plus de renseignements, veuillez visiter les liens suivants :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/information/delais/temp.asp

En raison du volume élevé de correspondance, nous ne répondrons pas aux courriels reçus en double.

Basically this response says they have our application and are processing it as per there processes and they cannot give us more details due to the volume of applications. They also said do not send duplicate requests (meaning don't ask us again for an update).

So other than this vague email we haven't gotten any other information and we are just stuck waiting :(
Oh wow I am sorry to hear that ! :(

Reactions: allyh

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Oh wow I am sorry to hear that ! :(
It's ok, i've read some older posts and others have had similar experiences. Based on what i've read and people I have spoken to, I think that they are going to finish with us when our application reaches 1 year which will be around March.

ginabrigi

Oct 24, 2018
This is kind of the same situation I am in, I want to go to Morocco but we are waiting for the embassy to issue the visa so I can better plan the days to travel.
Yeah I want to go when he can come so that we can come home together but still waiting :(

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
It's ok, i've read some older posts and others have had similar experiences. Based on what i've read and people I have spoken to, I think that they are going to finish with us when our application reaches 1 year which will be around March.
Yes sounds like a year for Morocco. I spoke to my local MP this morning. One of the slowest offices to process spousal sponsorships. Lucky us:oops:

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Not sure if anyone is interested in this story, but my friend applied to sponsor his wife around the end of May 2018. He worked with a consultant out of Rabat who helped him prepare his documents. She said she would get him his visa in less than 8 months. Well on Dec 27 2018 my friend's wife received an email for pre arrival services. From what I learned about this, it basically means they have completed processing her application. She will not need to do an interview and they will call her to the embassy to watch a video about Canada and to pick up her visa. I guess the consultant's promise was true.
Is it possible that you can get me the contact information of the consultant they used please. :)

ginabrigi

Oct 24, 2018
Yes sounds like a year for Morocco. I spoke to my local MP this morning. One of the slowest offices to process spousal sponsorships. Lucky us:oops:
Does anybody know where the 1 year starts from? Is it from the day they received the documents ? Or the processing day ?

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Hi guys,

App received Oct 1st, 2018 in Sydney
medical and biometrics and SA received Jan 18th, 2019

Always gets sent to Rabat for final processing unless you are from Quebec. Then it's a different office in Quebec that procceses it .

is the application would still be sent to Rabat or it might processed here In Canada or that's hard to tell ? If it does get send to Rabat for background check, how long does it usually take based on you guys experience!!
THANKS

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Hi guys,

App received Oct 1st, 2018 in Sydney
medical and biometrics and SA received Jan 18th, 2019

is the application would still be sent to Rabat or it might processed here In Canada or that's hard to tell ? If it does get send to Rabat for background check, how long does it usually take based on you guys experience!!
THANKS
It will be forwarded to Rabat for approval. Well if you are from Quebec Then there is an office in Quebec that processes it. Kinda strange but true...

otman

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Hi after my husband did the medical we waited 7 months without hearing anything from them finally we got some news 2 weeks ago he had to submit new police clearance and recent messages I started sponsoring him 2018 April we are still waiting I hope I can be with my husband soon good luck
hello,
did they mention word NEW when they asked for it in email? it will more appreciate if you answer.
thanks

otman

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
No interview yet they just requested the new police clearance and recent conversation sorry my name is Szilvia
hello,
please if could tell me that if did they mention word NEW when they asked for police clearance in email? it will more appreciate if you answer.
thanks