+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
Your not being Moroccan is not going to matter. These are some of the red flags they look for:

- When the woman is older than the man. How much older depends on the culture of the applicant. In India or Morocco, for example, just a few years seems to be enough to arouse the suspicions of the visa officer.
- When the wedding ceremony and reception do not conform to what is normal in the applicant's country.
- Any difference between the partners, such as age, race, religion, level of education, social background, relationship history.
- If either spouse was married before/divorced.
- Children. If one partner has several, and the other none. If one wants kids, and the other does not.
- Getting married the first time you meet.
- Family members not being at the wedding from both sides.
- Few/no visits since registering marriage.
- Lack of interdependence (financial/personal)
LOL. If that's the case, I'm royally screwed!! Oh well....the wait continues and what will be, will be.... :)

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
LOL. If that's the case, I'm royally screwed!! Oh well....the wait continues and what will be, will be.... :)
Red flags are just things they look for - questions they may ask at an interview - if you give them an answer that is satisfactory to them (i.e. my family couldn't come to the wedding because they couldn't afford to etc.) - its not going to matter. People get approved with red flags all the time - they just have to address the VO's concerns.

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
I agree, Angeldust. I feel like my husband and I have a couple red flags but good explanations that make sense and some of which can be backed up by what I had mentioned in my own permanent residency paperwork that I filed almost 10 years ago when I immigrated to Canada from the US....So, I feel good about it but you never know how reasonable or unreasonable the interviewer is...and to add to anxiety, there doesn't seem to be a solid list of rejection criteria they all use....which makes all this seem so subjective. I guess it just boils down to how well you interview. I feel good because my husband has a magnetic personality...people love him and he's very good with dealing with people and I think this will help him in an interview....

Sorry, for the ramble.... :)

On another note, I have been watching your process very closely because you and I submitted our applications in August 2017 (if I'm not mistaken) and I feel like the two of us might hear something around the same time. So, please, keep us all posted. :)

Reactions: Michelle17

Smilemore12

Jul 31, 2018
Hi guys, can I ask where should we certify our marriage certificate, my husband's moroccan birth certificate and passport? Thanks

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
How are things now though between you and your husband? Is he well adjusted and happy? Sometimes I wonder if my husband will be happy here if he is approved...

Congrats on your successful appeal. Appeals seem to have a high success rate which is good news for a lot of people. Thank you for sharing your story.
He really likes snow and winter. He's made a couple friends here besides some of mine he already met on messenger. He found a part.time job that he is happy with. His boss is good to him. He was used to waking up early there to talk to me on Skype when I was in Canada. And now his friends and family are 7 hours ahead. So time difference is huge for him. He adores my family. He misses family and a few close buddies. Next on our list is working on driver training. We live in a city that's not huge like Toronto or Calgary. So he should be able to learn his way driving easily. Right now I'm transitioning between jobs within the same agency. However will make a higher income like before when I traveled to visit. So our hope is to take a trip to west coast. A return trip next Ramadan is in our sights as well.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
How are things now though between you and your husband? Is he well adjusted and happy? Sometimes I wonder if my husband will be happy here if he is approved...

Congrats on your successful appeal. Appeals seem to have a high success rate which is good news for a lot of people. Thank you for sharing your story.
Thank you, and best wishe's for your application!

Reactions: shani.kaye

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
He really likes snow and winter. He's made a couple friends here besides some of mine he already met on messenger. He found a part.time job that he is happy with. His boss is good to him. He was used to waking up early there to talk to me on Skype when I was in Canada. And now his friends and family are 7 hours ahead. So time difference is huge for him. He adores my family. He misses family and a few close buddies. Next on our list is working on driver training. We live in a city that's not huge like Toronto or Calgary. So he should be able to learn his way driving easily. Right now I'm transitioning between jobs within the same agency. However will make a higher income like before when I traveled to visit. So our hope is to take a trip to west coast. A return trip next Ramadan is in our sights as well.
Thanks wonderful!! I'm glad things worked out for you two in the end. Good luck on all your future plans and thanks for sharing your story with us. :)

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Has anyone tried accessing the CIC website recently? I have been trying for the past 2 days and I cannot connect.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Any help please
my husband is at work atm. I can't quite recall. But plz go back and read this thread at least to 2010...make notes. Nothing changed with how to get paperwork ready for immigration. Hope that helps.

CADMAR

Aug 27, 2018
Hi, first thank you for taking the chance to read my concern/clarification.
I have completed my forms and started to gather the required documents.
From the checklist form I need to get the following:
1. Police Clearance (Morocco)
2. Birth Certificate for my wife (Morocco) - copy
3. National Identify Card (Morocco) - copy
4. Family booklet (Morocco) - copy

I have the following question/clarification depending on each of the above documents:
1. Police Clearance of my wife (Morocco): Once I receive this and since it will be already in French and Arabic, this should obviously be submitted directly with my application. No photocopy or even certified true copy?

2. Birth Certificate of my wife (Morocco) - copy: Since this is in French and Arabic can I directly submit the photocopy without certified true copy?

What confuses me here, is that the country specific requirement for Morocco states the following from the (application package page) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp?_ga=2.238749768.936187425.1535362158-1358864823.1526988268
"
Morocco – Instruction(s) for documents

• Official and civil documents must be certified copies.
"

3. National Identify Card of my wife (Morocco) - copy: Same concern as number 2.

4. Family booklet of my wife (Morocco) - copy: Same concern as number 2.

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
Hi, first thank you for taking the chance to read my concern/clarification.
I have completed my forms and started to gather the required documents.
From the checklist form I need to get the following:
1. Police Clearance (Morocco)
2. Birth Certificate for my wife (Morocco) - copy
3. National Identify Card (Morocco) - copy
4. Family booklet (Morocco) - copy

I have the following question/clarification depending on each of the above documents:
1. Police Clearance of my wife (Morocco): Once I receive this and since it will be already in French and Arabic, this should obviously be submitted directly with my application. No photocopy or even certified true copy?

2. Birth Certificate of my wife (Morocco) - copy: Since this is in French and Arabic can I directly submit the photocopy without certified true copy?

What confuses me here, is that the country specific requirement for Morocco states the following from the (application package page) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp?_ga=2.238749768.936187425.1535362158-1358864823.1526988268
"
Morocco – Instruction(s) for documents

• Official and civil documents must be certified copies.
"

3. National Identify Card of my wife (Morocco) - copy: Same concern as number 2.

4. Family booklet of my wife (Morocco) - copy: Same concern as number 2.

I'll try to tackle some of this based on what I remember.

1. The police certificate should be submitted directly to them. I submitted it online once I linked my application to my online account. If you are getting the police certificate now, you will want to send them the original. My husband has had to resubmit a police certificate since we originally sent in our application and police certificate and we always send them the original.

As for items 2, 3 & 4 - I submitted copies of the originals. I know this for a fact because I had my husband scan me copies of all those items and I printed them off and mailed them to the CIC in Mississauga. I've never had originals of those documents in my possession.

I believe even our marriage document, which we had translated into English before I left Morocco to return to Canada after our wedding, is a copy of the original translation.

It seems to me that when they call your wife for an interview, they will ask to see the originals of a lot of these documents. I've heard this from others. I wouldn't stress out too much over this. I know I was also confused on what they mean by certified copies and so on but I've only ever sent them copies except for the police certificate and they accepted it.

Hope this helps.

Shani

MOHAnKATIE

Dec 26, 2017
When you will receive the email to give more proofs about your relationship from rabat immigration it will show application number F 000.... / ( 2 initials) of the name of the agent
Hello Maha
Hope you are well
Did the embassy in Rabat requested that your husband should be available on phone during your interview?

Last edited:

MOHAnKATIE

Dec 26, 2017
Hello guys
Did anyone had the interview and they asked them that their sponsor should be available on phone the same time??
How did that go ? Thanks