+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hello guys
Did anyone had the interview and they asked them that their sponsor should be available on phone the same time??
How did that go ? Thanks
I read 3 different posts about people getting an email saying they had to be available in Canada by the phone for 3 hours from the interview starting in Rabat. One woman said they never ended up calling her, but her husband later received an email saying he passed the interview. Another woman said they called her and asked her questions about her husband (the same questions they asked her husband about her), but she forgot 1 of his jobs or degrees, and he said one of her children's name wrong or twice (I am not sure if anything else happened), but they ended up getting a rejection letter. Another woman said they called her just to confirm some of the answers her husband gave about her in the interview and they passed. I don't think they always call people even though they send the email - just if they have questions that they cannot confirm on the application and other proofs that were sent in. It could also be that they don't want the sponsor to show up at the interview - so they tell them they have to stay by the phone in Canada. They may be afraid the sponsor will cause a scene if their spouse comes out upset or saying they didn't pass the interview.

Reactions: MOHAnKATIE

Sls2018

Apr 24, 2018
Need your advise guys ..we just recieved a e-mail from cic they request for us to be ready for a interview this week ..just booked my plane ticket in Italy. I should be in Rabat 11/09 At 9:00 ..also i have to print our conversations and bring my passport ..actually i am kind of nervous ..after 12 months waiting time . Our application dates 17/08/2017...

Reactions: MOHAnKATIE

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
Need your advise guys ..we just recieved a e-mail from cic they request for us to be ready for a interview this week ..just booked my plane ticket in Italy. I should be in Rabat 11/09 At 9:00 ..also i have to print our conversations and bring my passport ..actually i am kind of nervous ..after 12 months waiting time . Our application dates 17/08/2017...
Oh good luck! That's wonderful. Don't be nervous. You'll do fine. Please keep us all posted!

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
I read 3 different posts about people getting an email saying they had to be available in Canada by the phone for 3 hours from the interview starting in Rabat. One woman said they never ended up calling her, but her husband later received an email saying he passed the interview. Another woman said they called her and asked her questions about her husband (the same questions they asked her husband about her), but she forgot 1 of his jobs or degrees, and he said one of her children's name wrong or twice (I am not sure if anything else happened), but they ended up getting a rejection letter. Another woman said they called her just to confirm some of the answers her husband gave about her in the interview and they passed. I don't think they always call people even though they send the email - just if they have questions that they cannot confirm on the application and other proofs that were sent in. It could also be that they don't want the sponsor to show up at the interview - so they tell them they have to stay by the phone in Canada. They may be afraid the sponsor will cause a scene if their spouse comes out upset or saying they didn't pass the interview.
This is what I'm scared of. According to my GCMS notes I received this last Tuesday, they have set a deadline on his security check and background check for September 25th! I'm thinking they will do the interview around the same time or at least schedule it around that time. I will likely have to be available by phone for his interview but I fly to Ireland the evening of the 25th. I'm really hoping they don't plan an interview for any time during the 9 days I'm away but Murphy's Law... :( My husband also has a job with the airlines and has a crazy schedule so it will be hard for him to go to an interview in Rabat on short notice but I guess we'll have to cross that bridge when we get to it. :(

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
This is what I'm scared of. According to my GCMS notes I received this last Tuesday, they have set a deadline on his security check and background check for September 25th! I'm thinking they will do the interview around the same time or at least schedule it around that time. I will likely have to be available by phone for his interview but I fly to Ireland the evening of the 25th. I'm really hoping they don't plan an interview for any time during the 9 days I'm away but Murphy's Law... :( My husband also has a job with the airlines and has a crazy schedule so it will be hard for him to go to an interview in Rabat on short notice but I guess we'll have to cross that bridge when we get to it. :(
I am kind of worried as well because I am visiting my husband in Morocco in 2 days and not coming back until Oct. 3. If we get called for an interview I would like to go to support my husband - but if they say I have to stay by the phone - I am afraid they might be upset with us if I show up and it may affect the outcome of the interview.

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Hello guys
Did anyone had the interview and they asked them that their sponsor should be available on phone the same time??
How did that go ? Thanks
It's so weird because yesterday, I was just talking to my wife about this very same subject. I haven't had an interview but I hear that the sponsor will be called and asked a series of questions. I believe the answers will be cross referenced with the principle applicants answers.Also most mixed marriages are asked to do an interview.

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Wow I am glad your waiting is over, but they didn't give you much notice about the interview. Good Luck :)

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018

Here is a list of some of the questions they might ask:

1. When and where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
2. How did you meet your spouse?
3. How old is your spouse? What is your spouse's birth date?
4. What does your spouse do for a living?
5. Where did your spouse go to school'?
6. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?
7. How did your spouse immigrate to Canada?
8. Where does your spouse work?
9. What is the name of the company? What position does your spouse hold? How long has your spouse worked there?
10. What does the job entail?
11. Does your spouse like his or her job?
12. What is the salary?
13. Where does your spouse live?
14. Whom does your spouse live with?
15. Where are you going to live when you go to Canada?
16. Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting.
17. What is your and spouse religion?
18. When you and your spouse were dating what would you do together?
19. Do you have any hobbies? Describe them.
20. Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.
21. What type of music do you enjoy?
22. What type of music does your spouse enjoy?
23. What kind of movies do you enjoy?
24. What kind of movies does your spouse enjoy?
25. What kind of books do you read?
26. What kind of books does your spouse read?
27. Have you and your spouse ever exchanged gifts? Explain.
28. When and where did the marriage proposal take place?
29. Was your marriage arranged?
30. If it was arranged describe how it was arranged and by whom?
31. Did you have a ceremony celebrating your relationship?
32. Where was it held?
33. When was it held?
34. Describe the ceremony?
35. Did it conform to your own religious and cultural beliefs? Explain.
36. When did you get married?
37. Where did you get married?
38. Who was at the wedding?
39. What family members were there?
40. How many people were at the ceremony?
41. What day was the ceremony held on?
42. Who performed the ceremony?
43. Do you have pictures of the ceremony?
44. Who was at the ceremony from your side?
45. Who was at the ceremony from your spouse's side?
46. Were any friends present?
47. How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?
48. Were your parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
49. Are your parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
50. Where your spouse's parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
51. Were your spouse's parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
52. Was a reception held? When and where was it held?
53. Who was present at the reception?
54. Did you receive any wedding gifts? Describe them.
55. Did you on a honeymoon? Where did you go and for how long?
56. Can you show me pictures and receipts from the honeymoon, wedding and
reception?
64. Do any other family members reside with you and your spouse? If yes, please indicate their names and relationship.
65. What relatives do you have in Canada?
66. What are their names and where do they live?
67. What relatives do you have outside of Canada?
68. Has your spouse met any of your relatives or friends? Who have they met and when did they meet them?
69. Have you met any of your spouse's relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?
70. In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse's educational background are compatible?
72. Why did you marry your spouse?
74. Do your family members (parents, siblings) want to immigrate to Canada?
75. Did you marry your spouse so that you could sponsor your parents as landed immigrants of Canada?
76. How do you correspond with your spouse?
77. How often do you talk on the phone?
78. Do you have phone bills, e-mails, cards, etc., and can I see them?
79. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine.
80. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?
81. Does your spouse support you financially?
82. Do you support your spouse financially?
83. If I refuse this application what will you do?
84. When and where did you live together?
85. Development of your relationship after very first day?
86. Why didn't you get married to someone from India??, why to someone from Canada?
87. Personal life of sponsor, school, colleges, courses, work and all important dates such as, date of moving to Canada, date of leaving Canada and entering India.
88. If she is pregnant or not, if not, why not ?
89. Detailed information about her parents
90. Engagement, marriage and reception, who attended and who didnt, if not why?
91 About rituals in religious ceremony and number of guests?
92. Future plans?
93. What kind of job, you are looking for?
94. What side of bed, you sleep on?
95 Where did ur spouse propose u , what time was it ? And how ?
96. When n where did u first time got intimate with your spouse ?
97. What contraceptives did u use ?
98. Her birthdate, her education details, her parents, sister info..etc etc..
99. When and where did you get married?
100.What trips to went to?

Of course they might not ask all these questions .. or they might ask questions not included in this list. At least this is a basis of where you can begin to prepare for the interview.

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
My wife has been speaking to some moroccan women who have went to the interview. Their husbands were called and asked questions. 2 of the couples passed and 1 received the rejection letter. She thinks that she was rejected because she answered a question incorrectly. If you have an interview coming up, I think it's best if you review the common questions they might ask.

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Congrats. I know you have been waiting for a while. My advice is to go through the list of questions and just be prepared for any questions they may ask you or you husband. Don't be nervous, remember your relationship is real and genuine. All you have to do is show them this in the interview.

Reactions: Sls2018

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Wow, the notes really give you some good information on what they are doing. I'm not sure this is possible but if your away and they request the interview, can you send them an email to explain your situation at that moment?

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
I am kind of worried as well because I am visiting my husband in Morocco in 2 days and not coming back until Oct. 3. If we get called for an interview I would like to go to support my husband - but if they say I have to stay by the phone - I am afraid they might be upset with us if I show up and it may affect the outcome of the interview.
I think that would be fine. It is solid proof you two are visiting each other during this whole process. That looks good for you. I think you'll be okay. :)

Michelle17

Jul 19, 2017
It's so weird because yesterday, I was just talking to my wife about this very same subject. I haven't had an interview but I hear that the sponsor will be called and asked a series of questions. I believe the answers will be cross referenced with the principle applicants answers.Also most mixed marriages are asked to do an interview.
It is not just mixed couples that are asked to have an interview. I know of 3 Muslim couples that were asked to interview in Rabat.

Michelle17

Jul 19, 2017
I was worried about the same thing last month when I was in Morocco - its a double edged sword - if you are in Morocco and don't go to the interview they will say you are not supportive of one another, but if you do go and you were supposed to wait by the phone they could likely turn you down for not following their instructions. People told me to go to the interview and if they want to interview me they can do it there, but that is assuming they are reasonable, fair people - some seem to be on power trips. I heard they call you while your husband is still in the room - so if they don't have another interview room available and they don't want to send your husband out and let you in - are they supposed to call you in the waiting room in front of everybody? Its really a no-win situation.

Michelle17

Jul 19, 2017
Hello guys
How did that go ? Thanks

It may be a good thing if they call you - I know of 2 sponsors that received the letter to stay by the phone, but they were never called - both were rejected as well. Maybe they only call if they are seriously thinking of approving you.