AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
It is an email sent from the embassy in Rabat saying that they are now working on our application. I know the email you are talking about, I received it a few months ago, that one is from the CIC. This one that I am speaking about is from the actual embassy in Rabat
Oh, that's really interesting. We got our File transfer email a while back and the more recent one is from the embassy, starting with French writing in the correspondence followed by English translation. Is that it? It is from Rabat.

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
T

Thank you so much
Any advices to follow on gathering documents?
My best advice to anyone is to be extremely organized. Have your ducks in a row. Check and recheck everything to make sure there are no gaps in dates and that everything is signed and dated where appropriate. Mistakes can be costly in both time and effort.

Also, it doesn't hurt to keep sending them proof before they ask for it. For instance, I had a recent visit to see my husband. I went ahead and sent the visa office in Rabat the passport stamps, boarding passes and pictures of us together and with family without them requesting it so that it could be added to our file. I suggest doing this for every visit or any time your condition changes (ie: pregnancy). It is my way of keeping the dialogue going without actually contacting the visa office directly. It is also just a good practice to keep them updated on any new developments as they unfold.

Also, someone else pointed out before that it isn't a bad idea to exercise a little overkill when it comes to the information you send them. Generally speaking, too much information is better than not enough or incomplete information.

Good luck to you on this process. It can be long and frustrating but very worth it.

Shani

Smilemore12

Jul 31, 2018
My best advice to anyone is to be extremely organized. Have your ducks in a row. Check and recheck everything to make sure there are no gaps in dates and that everything is signed and dated where appropriate. Mistakes can be costly in both time and effort.

Also, it doesn't hurt to keep sending them proof before they ask for it. For instance, I had a recent visit to see my husband. I went ahead and sent the visa office in Rabat the passport stamps, boarding passes and pictures of us together and with family without them requesting it so that it could be added to our file. I suggest doing this for every visit or any time your condition changes (ie: pregnancy). It is my way of keeping the dialogue going without actually contacting the visa office directly. It is also just a good practice to keep them updated on any new developments as they unfold.

Also, someone else pointed out before that it isn't a bad idea to exercise a little overkill when it comes to the information you send them. Generally speaking, too much information is better than not enough or incomplete information.

Good luck to you on this process. It can be long and frustrating but very worth it.

Shani
Thank you Shani

Smilemore12

Jul 31, 2018
Hello, I have a question is anyone here from Marrakech?
It would really help if they can tell me the address of the photography studio they used to take their pictures for permanent residency.
Thank you

Smilemore12

Jul 31, 2018
You have to focus on the recent conversations pics etc, I think it would be a good idea to send any proof that your have been communicating recently and if there any visits to Morocco send them the photos
I sent mine by mail with AMANA, I sent it from Marrakech and they received it the next day
Good luck
Hello Mohankatie can you please tell me the address or the name of the photography studio you used to take pictures of permanent residency
Thank you

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hello, I have a question is anyone here from Marrakech?
It would really help if they can tell me the address of the photography studio they used to take their pictures for permanent residency.
Thank you
My husband had his permanent residencey pictures taken at Labo Dounia in Marrakech - +212 5243-46327 -
Address: Hay Massira I, N°59 lotissement Doukkala 2, Marrakech 40140, Morocco

MOHAnKATIE

Dec 26, 2017
Hello Mohankatie can you please tell me the address or the name of the photography studio you used to take pictures of permanent residency
Thank you
Hi Smilemore
I have done mine in Casablanca, but I am not sure I still remember the exact address as I just cheeked on google what are the studios close to the place where we were staying and I just picked one call them and went there. I remember I went on the immigration website and took a note of what they need for the pictures and just told them at the studio that the pictures should be as they asked for on the immigration website.
You have to ask them to stamp and sign on the back of the pictures.

Last edited:

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Did anyone on here take pictures of people eating at their wedding? We have a lot of wedding pictures but our photographer didn't take pictures of the food or anyone eating. I am just thinking about it now because I was reading a post of here where the VO asked where the food was in the wedding pictures.
That was my quote. We had red flags. Can go read my past posts. We had so much proof. I had been to Morocco 5 times up to time of interview. They wouldn't let me go in BTW. We lived together about half of our marriage. This visa officer, a white woman from Quebec. Already knew she would refuse. Gave us a crappy time. 11:30a.m. , on Thursday. Last slot of the week for her 4 interviews. We had photos of trips. His family. My family or friends couldn't afford to come or were afraid to fly. Simple explanation. She didn't look at 2 yrs of snippets of messenger & Skype. She was condescending. She was brutal. Talked about culture differences...yet she wore a short skirt. My husband answered all questions she asked. She flipped thru wedding photos. With a frown, oh where's the food? Is she freakin insane. Who has a wedding reception with no food. She turned the page and saw all the food. And said sheepishly oh! We waited only 7 mos. Then. But got told no. If you need to wait 12 mos or more to be told yes it's worth it. We appealed. We waited 2 yrs. For court. It took us 2 hours to win. Don't leave any stone unturned.
Oh and for those of you who are waiting for notes and or anything. Go see your mp. Even an MLA. Read. Read and read more. My husband should have been with me late May 2015. Instead it was October 14, 2017.

Galahad

Feb 5, 2018
That was my quote. We had red flags. Can go read my past posts. We had so much proof. I had been to Morocco 5 times up to time of interview. They wouldn't let me go in BTW. We lived together about half of our marriage. This visa officer, a white woman from Quebec. Already knew she would refuse. Gave us a crappy time. 11:30a.m. , on Thursday. Last slot of the week for her 4 interviews. We had photos of trips. His family. My family or friends couldn't afford to come or were afraid to fly. Simple explanation. She didn't look at 2 yrs of snippets of messenger & Skype. She was condescending. She was brutal. Talked about culture differences...yet she wore a short skirt. My husband answered all questions she asked. She flipped thru wedding photos. With a frown, oh where's the food? Is she freakin insane. Who has a wedding reception with no food. She turned the page and saw all the food. And said sheepishly oh! We waited only 7 mos. Then. But got told no. If you need to wait 12 mos or more to be told yes it's worth it. We appealed. We waited 2 yrs. For court. It took us 2 hours to win. Don't leave any stone unturned.
Oh and for those of you who are waiting for notes and or anything. Go see your mp. Even an MLA. Read. Read and read more. My husband should have been with me late May 2015. Instead it was October 14, 2017.
I think they sometimes decide they are going to turn people down even before they interview them, and they give them a hard time to justify their decision. Its not fair, but I guess they can do whatever they want.

shani.kaye

May 25, 2018
How are things now though between you and your husband? Is he well adjusted and happy? Sometimes I wonder if my husband will be happy here if he is approved...

Congrats on your successful appeal. Appeals seem to have a high success rate which is good news for a lot of people. Thank you for sharing your story.

Reactions: MaryL and Angeldust

equalworld

Jun 19, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian Muslim man (not Moroccan) met a Moroccan lady while I was there as a tourist and decided that we get married. I met her several times before we set the wedding date. She is on her final year of medical school in Morocco. If I understand correctly from the posts on this thread, there are some red flags that a visa officer look for when they handle an application. Is it an issue for them that I am not from a Moroccan background (although I come from a Muslim family)?

After I met my future wife while vacationing in Morocco, I decided to travel that country again. So, I visited Morocco twice after that. I met with her several times during my third trip, but not during my second trip (our schedules didn't work out as she was having school exams).

Is there anything that we should do to avoid unfortunate delays that some of you have experienced?

Thanks a lot.

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian Muslim man (not Moroccan) met a Moroccan lady while I was there as a tourist and decided that we get married. I met her several times before we set the wedding date. She is on her final year of medical school in Morocco. If I understand correctly from the posts on this thread, there are some red flags that a visa officer look for when they handle an application. Is it an issue for them that I am not from a Moroccan background (although I come from a Muslim family)?

After I met my future wife while vacationing in Morocco, I decided to travel that country again. So, I visited Morocco twice after that. I met with her several times during my third trip, but not during my second trip (our schedules didn't work out as she was having school exams).

Is there anything that we should do to avoid unfortunate delays that some of you have experienced?

Thanks a lot.
Your not being Moroccan is not going to matter. These are some of the red flags they look for:

- When the woman is older than the man. How much older depends on the culture of the applicant. In India or Morocco, for example, just a few years seems to be enough to arouse the suspicions of the visa officer.
- When the wedding ceremony and reception do not conform to what is normal in the applicant's country.
- Any difference between the partners, such as age, race, religion, level of education, social background, relationship history.
- If either spouse was married before/divorced.
- Children. If one partner has several, and the other none. If one wants kids, and the other does not.
- Getting married the first time you meet.
- Family members not being at the wedding from both sides.
- Few/no visits since registering marriage.
- Lack of interdependence (financial/personal)

Last edited: