AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
Does Rabat VO update GCKey when they start the background check? Cause so far nothing. :( Do they wait to recieve additional medical results first?

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Does Rabat VO update GCKey when they start the background check? Cause so far nothing. :( Do they wait to recieve additional medical results first?
I've been wondering about this myself. Rabat seems to be very quiet when they receive your application. I'm not sure if anyone really knows how they operate. I think the medical results are asked first but really this is just a guess.

Reactions: Ayat

Michelle17

Jul 19, 2017
Maybe 14 months is the wait time in Rabat now - it says on my GCMS notes that my eligibility bring forward date is 2018/10/27 which would be 14 months for me.
I received my GCMS notes within the 30 days this time. My eligibility bring forward date is 14 months as well - September 30, 2018. It does look like they are starting the 12 months from when they start the permanent residency part of the application - (on the GCMS thread it says that date can change, though). My notes don't say too much, just information about when we met, where we work, how many visits, how many engagement party and wedding guests. It does say Recommend Interview, which we are not to thrilled to hear, but unlike other countries, I think Rabat interviews most applicants (from what I have read on here) - so hopefully its not too bad a thing. It doesn't say why they recommend an interview, so I guess we will just have to wait and see - should be sometime before September 30th.:oops:

Reactions: allyh

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
I've been wondering about this myself. Rabat seems to be very quiet when they receive your application. I'm not sure if anyone really knows how they operate. I think the medical results are asked first but really this is just a guess.
I was wondering if they just put aside the application while waiting for medical results or do they concurrently do the BGC while waiting for them? If anyone knows?
Thanks in advance...

Michelle17

Jul 19, 2017
I was wondering if they just put aside the application while waiting for medical results or do they concurrently do the BGC while waiting for them? If anyone knows?
Thanks in advance...
They do the medical results first. Our medical shows passed on October 2/17, and they are finished with it unless my application runs past a year at which time they will request a new medical. My GCMS notes show that eligibility is started, but security and criminality has not been started.

I have read on here that the background check is the last thing they do after eligibility. I am not sure if that is true in all cases, but my notes seem to confirm it to be true in our case.

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
I received my GCMS notes within the 30 days this time. My eligibility bring forward date is 14 months as well - September 30, 2018. It does look like they are starting the 12 months from when they start the permanent residency part of the application - (on the GCMS thread it says that date can change, though). My notes don't say too much, just information about when we met, where we work, how many visits, how many engagement party and wedding guests. It does say Recommend Interview, which we are not to thrilled to hear, but unlike other countries, I think Rabat interviews most applicants (from what I have read on here) - so hopefully its not too bad a thing. It doesn't say why they recommend an interview, so I guess we will just have to wait and see - should be sometime before September 30th.:oops:
I am glad you got your GCMS notes and didn't have to wait months like me :mad:. The bring forward date on the eligibility could change depending on how many applications they are processing. I think it is rare not to have an interview requested in Rabat (they say Morocco has a high risk of marriage fraud - so guilty until proven innocent). I am going to order more notes too and see what mine say about an interview. I heard on GCMS thread sometimes they put the reason for the interview i.e. find out why marriage was registered so soon, find out why they didn't have a wedding etc. Maybe Rabat doesn't do that. At least your eligibility is showing as started :).

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Thanks in advance...
You will get the medical results fairly quickly after submitting your medical. Although, they ask you for a background check around the same time as the medical they don't process it until your application is almost completed. A lot of us on here had to submit a second background check once the file reached Rabat because they had expired - so the first one was just a waste of time.

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
You will get the medical results fairly quickly after submitting your medical. Although, they ask you for a background check around the same time as the medical they don't process it until your application is almost completed. A lot of us on here had to submit a second background check once the file reached Rabat because they had expired - so the first one was just a waste of time.
That's awful, we have a little baby, I really hope they're considerate of that. Thank you for the response! So they update BGC in process on GCKey near the end of the timeline?

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
That's awful, we have a little baby, I really hope they're considerate of that. Thank you for the response! So they update BGC in process on GCKey near the end of the timeline?
I am not sure if they update your BGC on GCKey or not, but if your order your GCMS notes it will let you know when or if they have started it yet. Rabat doesn't seem to update much on the CIC site or ECAS. The last update I had on mine was that the medical was passed and that was November of 2017. I have been waiting 10 months now. I hope they are considerate of your baby, as well. :) You never know, your application may be treated differently. I am just going by what I read on the forum here for the Rabat visa office, and what I know has happened in my case. There are a lot of people that don't post on here and maybe some of them are getting through faster.

Reactions: Ayat

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
I am not sure if they update your BGC on GCKey or not, but if your order your GCMS notes it will let you know when or if they have started it yet. Rabat doesn't seem to update much on the CIC site or ECAS. The last update I had on mine was that the medical was passed and that was November of 2017. I have been waiting 10 months now. I hope they are considerate of your baby, as well. :) You never know, your application may be treated differently. I am just going by what I read on the forum here for the Rabat visa office, and what I know has happened in my case. There are a lot of people that don't post on here and maybe some of them are getting through faster.
Thank you so much Angeldust ❤ I hope we will both get ours shortly

Reactions: allyh and Angeldust

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Hi everyone

I have a question about sending the proof. When you receive the email that they(the embassy in Rabat) require more proof (photos, messages etc..) how do you send it? Is there an Address in Rabat you send it to? Also what exactly are they looking for? I understand they are looking at the messages to see if we are in communication but for the pictures do they want to see me with my wife or do they want to see me interacting with her family?

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hi everyone

I have a question about sending the proof. When you receive the email that they(the embassy in Rabat) require more proof (photos, messages etc..) how do you send it? Is there an Address in Rabat you send it to? Also what exactly are they looking for? I understand they are looking at the messages to see if we are in communication but for the pictures do they want to see me with my wife or do they want to see me interacting with her family?
Our email said "Other photos of your wedding and at various occasions as a couple, with family, etc.;".
The address we sent them to was: IRCC Rabat, 66, Avenue Mehdi Ben Barka, Rabat-Souissi, (B.P. 2040 Rabat-Ryad), Maroc, 10000

MOHAnKATIE

Dec 26, 2017
Our email said "Other photos of your wedding and at various occasions as a couple, with family, etc.;".
The address we sent them to was: IRCC Rabat, 66, Avenue Mehdi Ben Barka, Rabat-Souissi, (B.P. 2040 Rabat-Ryad), Maroc, 10000
You have to focus on the recent conversations pics etc, I think it would be a good idea to send any proof that your have been communicating recently and if there any visits to Morocco send them the photos
I sent mine by mail with AMANA, I sent it from Marrakech and they received it the next day
Good luck

Reactions: allyh and Angeldust

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
You have to focus on the recent conversations pics etc, I think it would be a good idea to send any proof that your have been communicating recently and if there any visits to Morocco send them the photos
I sent mine by mail with AMANA, I sent it from Marrakech and they received it the next day
Good luck
Thanks, I sent mine from Youssoufia, last Friday. It took them literally an hour to process my request to send through Amana. Today is a holiday (in Morocco) so i'm hoping that they receive it tomorrow.