+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

izzy

Sep 21, 2007
Hi ibtissam??congrats to you and your family ....
I have to ask you how long have you being on process???
Our baby is now 6 months old and my hooby even went for another medical bcos he havent being call on time and his medical expired my file is on process since march,we have being togheter for 3 years and i have being on morroc more that i had being on my own country(LOL) is true i just want to know if this is something that i have to take more hight up i dint want to star to make phone calls bcos on my undestaning the embassy cant get i bit piss off if you contact them wile on process but we are boths on the same ages and with a baby and i dont even have family in canada AT ALL i was just wondering if i should contact my MP AND GET SOME PEOPLE INVOLVED!!
THANKS A LOT AND ALL THE BEST TO YOU
IZZY

kinromorocco

Aug 26, 2008
hey ibtissam it's really a great news to hear about you and i'm so happy for you ,you'll be reunited with your family soon as i wish the same for everyone especialy whos waiting 7 months and more ,now i have to ask you if the whole process takes you 7 months to get your call for the interview or from when you sent your paperswork in ?and how was the interview with your husband ?
Congratulation and thanks in advance .

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
congratulations to you Ibtissam... thats great that your husband's interview was waived. I wish that would have been our case..but like you said Allah is great! I know that things happen for a reason. I just wish that Jamal was with me now too during my pregnancy. Patience is a virtue!!

Question for those of you doing your appeal...how long was it before you actually recieved the letter in the mail from Rabat office giving you the rejection and appeal application??? I have been waiting since 24SEP08 when our decision was made until now for something to come in the mail so that i could begin the appeal process...my biggest fear right now is that the 30 days from the letter date will pass and i could not apply for the appeal. Please provide an insight to this for me ....thanks in advance.

In the meantime we are trying to hang in there through this whole process...never in a million years did i imagine this would take this long to complete...its nerve wrecking being pregnant and not having any news yet and knowing that its not over yet. I just pray that i could complete everything in time so that Jamal is by my side when the baby is born.

Best wishes for those still waiting...

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
You have 30 days to appeal from the date you receive the letter not the date it was issued. The letter I received was dated July 3rd and I received it on Aug 11th.

Good luck

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Indimer04, do not wait another day. Print the appeal application off the internet and mail it it!!!

Your husband was told that he was rejected so just sent the applicaiton off.

goodluck to all

Ibtissam

Jun 19, 2008
Salam alaikum,

I just want to say thank you to everyone for your support and for just keeping this thread alive
- this forum helped so much alhumdulillah.

Our file took 265 days in total and about 7 1/2 months since our papers started to process in Rabat.

I wanted to mention - my husband said there were about 40 people all going to pick up thier visas on wednesday when he was there. So be sure that the people in the embassy are definitely working, and they are very very busy - I'm guessing they probably have that many people getting visas every week. So the reason they are taking longer then usual is probably because they have a lot more applications this year.

Also my husband spoke to people with very different timelines - one man had been waiting 3 years (redid his medical 3 times) and spent 1 1/2 hours in the interview... so every case is processed quite differently.

I am sure the embassy wants to help reunite us with our families, just they have such a huge workload that not everything goes quite as smoothly as we would hope. I hope inchaAllah Indimer that this appeal process will go quickly for you. keep us updated inchaAllah.

I wonder if perhaps the waiving of my husband's interview is a sign that they will start waiving more interviews in the future. I'm assuming that will begin to happen inchaAllah as they have such a huge workload, I bet the interview process is really slowing things down.

I hope to see some more good news on here soon inchaAllah.

Salam alaikum wa ra7mato lillah

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Moroccan wives

I'm in Brampton which is half hour from Toronto. It would be great to get together and support one another.

If anyone is interested please e-mail me quietandconfidential@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you
Mariana

solrpr

Nov 2, 2008
hello everyone,

i am new to this forum was looking for some info. after getting married in morocco, how does one proceed about bringing the spouse to canada? do we get some file from morocco taht we have to take to the canadian embassy here in toronto?
also, i have been hearing a lot of negative things - is it really very hard to do all this? and expensive?

i met my husband online, someone said that unless i have pics of having spent a lot of time with my husband in morocco, the authorities are not convinced. i have been there once so far and we got engaged. i was there for 2 weeks. planning to go back in march or april to get the marriage done - does that count as sufiicient. i dont want to make any mistakes with any paperwork to cause delays.
what caution do i need to take? and where do i get this certificate of wages everyone talks about?

any help would be much appreciated. i am very nervous reading all these posts about people waiting and things going wrong...
please some hope..

deegirl

Aug 29, 2008
get immigration papers before you go to marry,,,this is the site,,,you can order pakage or print off on internet

http://www.cic.gc.ca/

solrpr

Nov 2, 2008
thank you -
does this process take long? what about meeting online? is that an issue with CIC? do i have to visit him multiple times before getting married?
can someone list the process in detail please? i am finding a lot of conflicting information everywhere - what papers do i exactly to take with me from here? i live in toronto.

is visitor visa for him a possibility and then get married here? i have heard taht visitor visa gets denied in pretty much every case.

sorry about all the questions.
i thank you all for helping me out.

deegirl

Aug 29, 2008
if your fiance have job with money in the bank...they might give him visitor visa,,but very hard...process might take a yr or more depends on how fast you get all paper work in...papers for getting married,,,are paper from work,,,police clearance,,,i think in toronto you have to get done at rcmp,,,full form birth certificate,, divorce certificate if applicable,,,medical paper,,,you can do this at doctor in morocco,that way its already translated in arabic,,proof of religion,,,baptism paper,,or letter from church will do,,,also on canadian embassy site there is a paper you have to traslate to french and get all papers notorized,,,i did mine at city hall,,,self notorized ,,,but for this paper for embassy you must do at lawyer,,,mine here charged $25,,,in morocco is much more expensive.

solrpr

Nov 2, 2008
what is the paper on the candian embassy site that you need in french? can you point me to it?
also, when i come back to canada after the marriage, i have to do the sponsorship forms here - is it better/faster to go through a lawyer or file yourself? what kind of documents did you have to send to the canadian immigration here? like phone records or something or how many times you visit?

if you would like to message me privately, would be good as well
immortalthetis@yahoo.ca

thank you again for all your help.

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
Well they might be working but I just got an email from them saying they sent my husband and I a letter on Oct. 27 and neither one of us has gotten anything from them so it is not looking good, because if they send a letter it is usually for refusal. But he should have recieved the letter by now if they had sent it when they say they did. I do not know all I know is I am confused and so mad right now I can spit fire, I can not think of any reason they would have refused us when others are getting theirs with no problems. Hope everyone else is having better luck, take care.

Ibtissam said:
Salam alaikum,

I just want to say thank you to everyone for your support and for just keeping this thread alive
- this forum helped so much alhumdulillah.

Our file took 265 days in total and about 7 1/2 months since our papers started to process in Rabat.

I wanted to mention - my husband said there were about 40 people all going to pick up thier visas on wednesday when he was there. So be sure that the people in the embassy are definitely working, and they are very very busy - I'm guessing they probably have that many people getting visas every week. So the reason they are taking longer then usual is probably because they have a lot more applications this year.

Also my husband spoke to people with very different timelines - one man had been waiting 3 years (redid his medical 3 times) and spent 1 1/2 hours in the interview... so every case is processed quite differently.

I am sure the embassy wants to help reunite us with our families, just they have such a huge workload that not everything goes quite as smoothly as we would hope. I hope inchaAllah Indimer that this appeal process will go quickly for you. keep us updated inchaAllah.

I wonder if perhaps the waiving of my husband's interview is a sign that they will start waiving more interviews in the future. I'm assuming that will begin to happen inchaAllah as they have such a huge workload, I bet the interview process is really slowing things down.

I hope to see some more good news on here soon inchaAllah.

Salam alaikum wa ra7mato lillah