+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
We have not recieved the letter they said they sent to us last month yet so we still do not know.

But I did get an email today that has told me we are refused.

Good day,

In response to your correspondence, a refusal letter was sent to the applicant on October 27, 2008. On the same date, a copy of the refusal letter, the forms and the procedures to appeal the decision was sent to you, the sponsor.

Thank you

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
It makes no sense they say we have been refused and it has been a month since his interview and they say they mailed out our letters on Oct. 27 but we haven't gotten anything yet and he lives only 2 hrs from Rabat so why hasn't he even gotten his how are we suppose to do anything when we can't get anything from them. And how do some get their interviews waived and get a visa when others are refused for whatever reason but are told nothing it is so unfair how they do things this is not even funny we did all they asked and still got refused we had the big wedding I stayed with the family have lots of pictures to show we have a real relationship but they still refuse us this makes me so angry. Sorry but being pregnant it not a good reason to get passed if you ask me. I feel for these women but I want my husband here with me also and we have missed so long together now waiting for all the paperwork to be processed and then they do this to us. Others have gotten their letters one week after the interview and we are still waiting and it has been already 21 days since they said they mailed it. Sorry had to vent alittle I am so frustrated with all of this.

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
Confused,

Sorry to hear you were refused, we were refused too and my husband didn't receive a letter at all until I bugged the embassy for it. I emailed them a few times before they responded and for some idiotic reason they had my husband's address wrong. Funny because they had it right all along when they sent him letters before and request for interview but mysteriously they sent the refusal letter to the wrong address. What do I think of that? I think it's absolute BS and this embassy is the worst to deal with of any embassy in the world.

I wish you luck, it's a long haul but there are many of us waiting for the appeal stage now.

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
Hi I know I am not allow in the process. If you do not mind what was the reason your were refused I don't know yet because we haven't gotten anything yet.
Does anyone know how hard it is to get a visitors visa from morocco to come here?
BettyPage said:
Confused,

Sorry to hear you were refused, we were refused too and my husband didn't receive a letter at all until I bugged the embassy for it. I emailed them a few times before they responded and for some idiotic reason they had my husband's address wrong. Funny because they had it right all along when they sent him letters before and request for interview but mysteriously they sent the refusal letter to the wrong address. What do I think of that? I think it's absolute BS and this embassy is the worst to deal with of any embassy in the world.

I wish you luck, it's a long haul but there are many of us waiting for the appeal stage now.

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
It's a long story, bottom line the immigration officer screwed up and we have to pay for her mistakes.

As for as a visit visa from Rabat, that's pretty much impossible.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
They will tell you that they don't believe it is a genuine relationship given the age difference. There will be no way to get a visitor's visa out of Morocco at this point.

It is frustrating without a doubt. Spend your energy on the solution. Make a plan to go and visit before the ADR date.

Best of luck to all!

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
Hi everyone, well we still haven't gotten our letters yet from the embassy that they say they mailed out Oct. 27 and my husband has gone to the post office in Morocco and checked nothing. Can we say we are going alittle crazy waiting for something to get to us is putting it mildly. I am happy to see some have succeeded in getting to your loved ones. Take care

Yvonne

Feb 14, 2008
Re: Purchasing Flight

Hello - when my husband recieves the visa, can the flight be purchased in Canada or does it have to be purchased in Morocco? Just trying to plan for when they approve.

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
Well here is one I haven't heard of before but the embassy called my husband to see if we had recieved the letters yet he told them we haven't so he gave them our mailing address's again and they said they are remailing them to us. But I found the forms online and printed them off and I am sending them in with the email they sent me telling us that we were refused because they are not answering my email to give me our number. Hope all is going better for everyone else. Take care and god bless all.

Ibtissam

Jun 19, 2008
Yvonne - If he has to do any travel in Canada I would suggest buying those tickets online and having the e-tickets sent to his email. That's what we did. As well you can buy the Air Maroc ticket online too, or he can just go to a travel agent and buy it there. When I returned to Canada I bought all my tickets online. No problems with it - doesn't matter which way you do it, whatever is easiest for you!

But I prefer online ticketing - that way you don't risk losing the paper tickets at all.

Take care and good luck!
Salam alaikum
Ibtissam

kinromorocco

Aug 26, 2008
congrats Ibtissam again i hope you and your hubby are having a good times.
i just want to ask if the embassy in morrocco (Rabat) is working now in this period of year ?we sent our application 6 months ago, it was sent 20th June ,we get approuved for sponsorship in th22 july ,they started processing our case 2septembre , we never hear again anything so far ,does that means we are getting close are can hear something soon ?does anyone here sent application in june ?
all the best and good luck for all the people who are waiting to rejoin their loved ones and start their life together as every and wife.
thanks in advance

deegirl

Aug 29, 2008
I also have sent in june,,,also same as you,,,in same boat ,,waiting game now. I wish they call in another week when i'm there.. But i think maybe march or april they get interview,,,I wish you all the best..Lets hope the waiting game isnt to long

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
The interviews are usually held seven months after the application was sent. You may receive a phone call, a letter, or e-mail. They will give you aproximately a two week notice.

Best of luck!