+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Jennie

Oct 7, 2008
Thanks for the feedback Lois

His family definitely wants the Moroccan wedding.
My instincts tell me that April is better too but I just worry that waiting 3 more months to get the process started may hurt us. If the conservatives have their way after the election there will be a cap on the number of applications they accept and the skilled workers may take priority. Such a dilemma. It seems that in early 2007, applications were getting processed quickly, in 2008 things halted (from the look of this site, people waiting 12 - 18 months and longer) and the outlook going forward is even worse with the new immigration proposal that was passed through government in June.

It is hard to know what to do. I had an appointment with an immigration lawyer today but decided to postpone it until after the election and see if there is anything new I need to know.

Thanks again for the note. Every piece of information I can gather is SO helpful as I want to do everything right here.

Jennie

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
lookingforhop

Sorry to hear that you were refused, there's a few of us on here already that are in the same boat, wait for the refusal letter file the appeal, get a good lawyer and good luck.

Rabat is a great embassy to deal with, I for one am having the time of my life. Loving my husband from afar what a treat what a joy! Skype oh it's just like having him here next to me.....sure is. Another Christmas without my husband? I can do it, we did it before.

Ok sarcasm aside, I am deeply sorry and we're fighting very hard and as soon as the election is over it's back to my MPs office for me. I'm certain it will be the same one she's very popular. The MPs have access to CIC Ottawa which we and lawyers do not.

lookingforhop

Oct 10, 2008
plz can u give the number of ur lawyer's and what his name and how i can contact with him we don't know anyone plz iam waiting for to write me back and tell me how much that take time [/b]

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
looking,I set you the information in a private message, don't know keen he would be to me posting his personal information on a forum.

If you search Robsluv she has posted on here a really good layout of the timeline for appeals.

Oct 15, 2008
Advert
for all the people who refused and they want to do somthing to show all the world whats is going on in the canadian embassy in morocco rabat we need to send all our Grievances
to the mp in canada to tell them about the immigration officer ( M-F Silvani ) who did not
show respect and she is racist with immigrants and she refused spouses without reasons
Find your Member of Parliament using your Postal Code in this link
http://www2.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC&PostalCode=

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
well i was one of those refused, but i do not think it was because of racism as the previous post claims.

I know that our refusal has much to do with my past with the circumstances of my ex. I do believe and still like to believe that Canada immigration system works and does allow couples to get reunited and for true reasons. Having said this, i will be filing for an appeal upon my reciept of the letter of denial from Rabat office. I know that my husband today and for always will be by my side in a matter of time. I will continue to wait patiently as my pregnancy develops and i know that in the end, they ( Canada immigration) will see that our relationship has many merits..as proven through the relationship of my daughter, from previous relationship and my husband of present. I love him very much and i know this distance is a tortue, but i also know that things happen for a reason. I believe that all good things happen to those who wait. I am one of those. I am a believer and i have chosen not to give and to fight for my husband to be by my side.

I will be contacting my MP, but this will only be for help in stating our case, which has all the evidence that the relationship has developed greatly with my husband. I wouldn't be having his baby just to grant him citizenship...that's just crazy....i do not like people who use the system in that manner at all. I am a Canadian tax payer and like to think that my money is being placed in the right spot to meet the criteria.

I will not give up!! but do not feel that posting such things is a benefit to anyone right now..i know you must be hurt but try to find a solution and prove to immigration Rabat office that your relationship is not what they think of it. this appeal is the time to do it...use it wisely. I know i will. and i do this for the love i have for my husband and daughter and soon to be born baby. If i had a choice i would have stayed on in Morocco and spent the time with my husband, but unfortunately i do not have full custody of my daughter yet and her biological father would not let me stay away for so long with her. Two months was the max and i was happy to even have that.

Jamal honey, both Meriam and I love you very much and we know that things will come around soon, insha allah

Indira

P.S. to those of you waiting to be married, please make sure to have a traditional wedding with lots of guest and many msn messages/ along with photos..i know that this will help a great deal. May Allah bless all of you and guide your marriage to prosperity and togetherness.

Jennie

Oct 7, 2008
Indira,

I completely agree with what you say about being positive. I am sorry to read of your challenges but I know that you will prevail with time and when your husband joins you, it will all have been worth it. I have read many of your posts on this forum and it has been so helpful to me as I prepare my paperwork in preparation for my marriage in Morocco and for the immigration process that lies ahead. This is not an easy process for anyone. Lots of people have made mistakes (mistakes they couldn't have known about in advance) with timing, paperwork, and process. The willingness of so many people to share that on this forum is a wonderful gift for people like me who are at the beginning and can learn from these challenges. I believe in karma and I think what we put out into the universe comes back to us. I wish you the best.

Jennie

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
Well said Indira,

My husband and I too have tried to stay focused and positive through this nightmare. But that said I do have to say there are days that crying myself to sleep hugging a pillow just isn't what I expected to be doing after nearly 2 years of marriage. I do get angry about how we were treated and the mistake the IO made on our file and how we're the one getting punished because these ppl have too much on their desk, take their job to lightly, think we're all just scamming the Canadian government...etc...etc. whatever possible reason they come up with to refuse frankly hurts, it hurts a lot when all you want is to be with the one you love and live a normal life as husband and wife.

I am being patient and have my "why us?" days but I know one day it will all be over and until then I'm looking forward to my trip to Morocco at the end of December and spending quality time with my husband.

Jennie

Oct 7, 2008
I am looking at information to get a criminal record check done by the RCMP and all I am finding is some kind of fingerprint service that they say could take 120 days! Is this really necessary? Yikes, if it is, I need to get on it.

Also how does a Christian show proof of religion?

Jennie

izzy

Sep 21, 2007
you only need the criminal check done by police on the main office in my case was (downtown toronto) just make sure you get it before living to get married bcos is only good for 3 months and only takes 10days for you to recived it and the cost is $16.00 dollars..
take care

kalabaydh

Oct 15, 2008
Dear members,

I am very happy to send you my compliments all of you, secondy I am a refugee who currenly stays in Saudi Arabia before fled in his country Somalia a war torn nation since the collapse of the somali state in 1991, our country has been flactuating political hurricanes changed the recent years as the worst in Africa our situation in the country is worst from darfur Crisis where international community focus with attention but ours is where mortar attacks and artileries become the daily life this forced somalis to fled the country in arround the world especially me I reached Saudi arabia where refugees are not welcomed and they force to go back his war torn nation as we keep in mind international declaration on human rights bans to force a refugee to return a hostile area where his life will be dangered.

Therefore, I had worked as notary public notary when I was in my country and also pharmacist with fluent speaking english but sorry I came from my job because of endless political un stability and fighting between groups.

So I request from every person who may use this site to help me how can I be eligible for Canadian entry for assylum.

Thanks with the anticipation of favourable reply.

Sincerely yours,

Mohamed

you can reach me on my e-mail: qawdhan09@hotmail.com