+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

zakalex

Aug 7, 2008
hi everybody, there'inst any news about embassy , they are strating calling people for entrview ??! good luck for everybody
zak

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
Hi all,

Well after all this wait immigration does not think that my relationship to Jamal is genuine. He got the official letter today. Now i have to figure out how to appeal the decision and take the next steps to get him here and fast. I need him here before our baby is born. I do not plan on having the baby there and i also can't afford to travel to see him again this year..next year if after the baby is born he is not here yet then i will see...this is going to be real hard to be apart from him for more time..but insha allah i know that things will turn out good in the end. We are ready for the battle and this bump is not going to stop us from being together...so what about my past??? doesn't someone have the right to start again??? so what if we married only two months of being online..with me when i meet him in person i just knew...it was love at first sight..and with my daughter too...oh well...now to wait for my letter to come in the mail too..

Now i join the club of those appealing...

Best wishes to the rest of you who are waiting.

Indira and Jamal

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Sorry to here that Indira!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have him scan you the letter (even though you'll be receiving your own copy in a week or so). Send the appeal application in right away. It is a really easy form to fill out. Then you will have lots of time to get your thoughts together.

Best wishes, let me know if you need any help.

Mariana

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
Hi Mariana,

He did scan it, but the problem is i cant open it properly..its too blurry. I am not sure where to get the appeal application from..now i have alot to do to get all the stuff off again..but thanks for your assistance.

Its hard to be pregnant and not have my husband by my side...mind you we didn't plan it, it just happened..but we both love the idea of baby on board. This baby was real love that conceived it, unlike my previous relationship. Mind you, i still love my daughter to death..she has been my angel.

Is it true that it could take a year for an appeal to go through???

indira

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
Your refusal letter will have a copy of the appeal form with it but coming from Rabat it will probably be in French, mine was.

I printed one in English from th AID website, you can also submit your appeal in person to the office in downtown Toronto.

You will get a letter after you file the appeal giving you a file number, they then have 120 days for Rabat to send your file to the AID. Once the file is received then a case officer will decided if your case can be resolved in an ADR or if a full appeal is needed. This can be set another 5-6 months from when you receive notice that they have a copy of your file.

We were refused by the same embassy but not for the same reason. I hired an incredible lawyer and if you'd like his info I can provide it in private, he's downtown TO as well. He's not cheap but he's been very vital for us and has taught me so much about my rights. We submitted our application for appeal in early Aug and my lawyer has spoken to our AID case worker and Rabat hasn't sent the file in, that's no surprise because am sure they will use the full 120 days.

Once you win your ADR or appeal your application goes back to the embassy for processing, that can take as many months as they like. My lawyer was telling me about another client of his dealing with the embassy in India and they won their appeal over a year ago and the embassy still hasn't issued a visa.

I'm sorry to hear you were refused but I'm not surprised the more research I do about the dealings at this embassy it's shocking the things they seem to get away with.

Good luck

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
My letter from Rabat came in english. I received my paper work back exactly 90 days after I sent my appeal by mail.

I will let you know when I receive my letter for the ADR date (spousal applications usually get ADR).

You really should send off the appeal application right away. Date it the day your husband received the refusal letter.

Patience, alot of patience is what you will need from here on in. You will hear alot of different time lines. Stay focused on your situation, see it being resolved easily and quickly.

Keep yourself occupied with family and friends. Focus on some fun things that are coming up. Thanksgiving, xmas (no no don't think about your husband not being here for these times) focus on the smile on your daughters face opening her gifts it will put a smile on your face. Before you know it you'll see your husbands smile :)

Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennie

Oct 7, 2008
Wow ... what a godsend to find this message board. I have been doing so much research on how to get my fiance over to Canada and it seems so impossible. We met in April of this year while I was traveling and we were introduced by a mutual friend. I have since spent 2 and a half months in Morocco and we have an apartment together there. I was hoping to start a process to get him here to Canada so we could get married here. After all my research that doesn't even seem possible. We are now talking about getting married in April in Morocco. PLEASE if anyone has any suggestions for us to make this process smoother, I would be so happy to hear from you. I am spending the month of January in Morocco - are we wiser to get married sooner and get the application process started sooner? Or will it look better for us to marry in April when we are together a year. How long does the process seem to be taking these days?

Thanks to everyone
Jennie

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
OK I have a few questions here.

I am born and raised in Canada. My parents are from Morocco.

Now I met a girl back home, and have been talking to her for a while. We are talking about marriage now.

Now the thing is, is their a way to bring her to Canada without marriage, and can get married here?

Now I have no problem going back home to marry her to start the process quickly. Will they need pictures of our wedding? Right now is not the right time to have a big wedding/celebration, maybe in the summer I can, but I don't want to have to wait X amount of time from Summer 09... I want to start the application process now...

Also I am keeping track of our phone calls, e-mails, and facebook messages. Should I keep records of my flights? I have been going back twice a year (so far).

Also will me having a Moroccan Nationality Card help in any of this process? Every time I go back to Morocco the Police suggest that I get a Nationality Card, since my parents are Moroccan.

Good luck to all of you!

Jennie

Oct 7, 2008
Stealth,
You are asking the same question as I am. I am wondering if there is a way to bring my fiance here (we would actually like to get married here) ... I am seeing an immigration lawyer on Friday and will ask that question. We want to have a ceremony in both places so it doesn't really matter but I want to take the fastest road. I will post again once I have seen the lawyer.

Jennie

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
Hi there,

Jennie the process is long and unless your finance can come to Canada without you sponsoring him, like skilled worker, PNP then the only way is to get married there and then sponsor him.

I come from a big European family and in the year and half since I got married in Morocco my mom has tried to plan a big elaborate wedding here but unfortunately we don't know when my husband will get here so we can't schedule anything.

I'm not trying to discourage you but am saying it's hardly unlikely that your finance can get here, you should get married there and then apply. Also keep in mind if you are getting married in Morocco it will take some time to get all the documents finalized so go for at least 3 weeks. Take lots of pictures and proof that your marriage is genuine.

Jennie

Oct 7, 2008
Thanks Betty,

It looks as though we will get married in Morocco ASAP. I have started a checklist of paperwork to prepare here in Canada and what I will need to do in Rabat when I arrive.

I wish you the best of luck in your process and pray that you will soon be reunited with your husband. It is heartbreaking to read these posts when peoples hopes are shattered and they have to get up and dust off and go at it again. None of us have chosen an easy road here. We just have to trust in ourselves and our relationships and know that the best thing for us doesn't always come in a convenient, easy to use package, western style.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
I was in Rabat a total of 12 days. The first day I was too tired but the next day we started the process. We got married on the 11th day. Of course you should stay longer if you can. Having a typical Moroccan wedding seems important for immigration.

Good luck Jennie

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
one more thing it would definitely be better to wait until April or immigration may say you rushed into the marriage just for sponsorship

lookingforhop

Oct 10, 2008
We were refUsed. We need a Canadian Immigration Lawyer for our appeal. I'd like someone that I can verify that they have an outstanding track record, I'm tired of talk I need action and the positive outcomes that I am searching for.
Rabat Immigration Officers need to be accountable for their reFusals. I need to collect your stories about your Bad treatment, your discrimination for being male, young and not working. These women are making SUBJECTIVE decisions and they are hurting families and they must be prevented from hurting more families. They seem to be controlling, power hungry people. They object to any line of question
questioning, well sponsers WE ARE IN CANADA AND WE NEED ANSWERS!