habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soblue ur soooooo right. I never even gave it a thought and that's normal, when ur in love that's all u think about. U don't consider that ur gonna hafta actually PROVE ur love to some impartial officer who holds ur fate in their hands. It's really sad that there are so many fraudulent marriages out there that it has come to the point where real love has to be proven.
As a word of encouragement though I think A LOT of weight is given to the interview. If your hubby and you really get to know one another well and have proof that you are in contact regularly then he will pass the interview no problem as he will have in depth knowledge about you, your life, family, friends and interests and that's what they look for. arljam once posted a link which I found incredibly fascinating. It's a site where all the judgements have been made on couple's who've appealed the VO's denial. Here it is:

https://www.canlii.org/en/#search/all=morocco%20marriage%20age%20difference%20wedding%20ceremony

Here you will see that most VOs denied PR because the interviewee didn't know enough about their spouses and sometimes because they don't speak English well enough for the VO to believe the couple are able to really communicate. There are a few cases where the VO seemed to deny PR for no solid reason, and sometimes interviewees claim their answers recorded by VO were not the answers they gave, which is the scariest part. But there are many, many cases that have the usual 'red flags' so many of us worry about here, like age difference, religious difference, socioeconomic differences, only knowing each other a short time before marrying, discussing marriage before meeting in person, but as long as your hubby can show with confidence that he knows you I think that goes a long way.

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
jamali said:
Hi Terry... everything is good with us... I hope all is well with you and your husband ... insha'Allah you will be together sooner than later. God bless :)
Yes the appeal is started, blue book received. Now just to wait on the consultant and Vancouver. Happy I have the faster of the offices.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
habeeb said:
soblue ur soooooo right. I never even gave it a thought and that's normal, when ur in love that's all u think about. U don't consider that ur gonna hafta actually PROVE ur love to some impartial officer who holds ur fate in their hands. It's really sad that there are so many fraudulent marriages out there that it has come to the point where real love has to be proven.
As a word of encouragement though I think A LOT of weight is given to the interview. If your hubby and you really get to know one another well and have proof that you are in contact regularly then he will pass the interview no problem as he will have in depth knowledge about you, your life, family, friends and interests and that's what they look for. arljam once posted a link which I found incredibly fascinating. It's a site where all the judgements have been made on couple's who've appealed the VO's denial. Here it is:

https://www.canlii.org/en/#search/all=morocco%20marriage%20age%20difference%20wedding%20ceremony

Here you will see that most VOs denied PR because the interviewee didn't know enough about their spouses and sometimes because they don't speak English well enough for the VO to believe the couple are able to really communicate. There are a few cases where the VO seemed to deny PR for no solid reason, and sometimes interviewees claim their answers recorded by VO were not the answers they gave, which is the scariest part. But there are many, many cases that have the usual 'red flags' so many of us worry about here, like age difference, religious difference, socioeconomic differences, only knowing each other a short time before marrying, discussing marriage before meeting in person, but as long as your hubby can show with confidence that he knows you I think that goes a long way.

thanks habeeb...thats encouraging
but we do have all the red flags. we did prepare to marry before i we met. it was because of all the paper work necessary and then we have talked for a year daily before i went there. and i read lot about tunisia and there in the more traditional places couples are not allowed to even rent the hotel before they are married. on many occasions people were arrested if found in hotel together and unmarried. i stayed there for one month and although his family is not so traditional the neighbours are...they all know each other...we could not have been together before we married really...but always had to have somebody with us till we married. also my birth certificate had to be ordered from another country it took a long time ...and there they dont accept them if they are more than 3 weeks old or something like that. and we live so far apart...its not so easy to travel there all the time. it just did not make any sense to go over there after one year and not be able to be together.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soblue not to worry. As I said, many of us here have the same red flags, and many have been granted PR. It's not the red flags you have to worry so much about, it's really about your husband knowing you. Especially as you knew each other and communicated for such a long time before going. CIC does not like it when couples discuss marriage before meeting in person, but all that means is that he will not be able to avoid an interview as some people have. If you are able to visit once more before his interview it will help IMMENSELY but I too understand it's not that easy. It helps a lot too if you have lots of records of communication that shows you were in regular, meaningful contact. I know what you mean about the hotels and so forth, Morocco is the same, we had to provide our marriage certificate which meant we could not honeymoon until my second visit 6 months after we were married (I flew home 2 days after our marriage was legalized and only 1 day after our ceremony). Lots of us have the same red flags but just make sure your hubby knows about you and your life well.

goatlove

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
File Transfer...
June 2013
Interview........
November 21/2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2013
LANDED..........
December 5/2013 alham dulillah
Salam alaikum sisters :)

Checking in :D my husband landed 5 months ago and things have been amazing, alhamdulillah. Thankfully he knows all about cooking so I can now confidently cook moroccan food :p

Jomz, mabroooook bezaaaafff!!! :D

Jamali, whatsup girl?!

Terry, we talk all the time anyway :p

Soblue, to make you feel a bit better, my husband and I met and married on the first visit. We spoke online for 9 months and then I flew to morocco to marry him.. Spent several weeks there, came back to canada and we started our application right away. Rabat got our file June 14 or 15 and my husband got interviewed nov 21 and got his visa right after the interview alhamdulillah. He never met my family at that time, I ain't moroccan and I didn't get a chance to visit again. We don't got too many major red flags but we still made sure to put a solid application together that we both worked on. insha Allah all the best to you and all the other brothers and sisters going thru this insanely difficult process!!!! It WILL end insha Allah .. I know it feels never ending .. And all of a sudden, you're glued to this forum, glued to ecas, glued to your phone more than you already are :p, glued to your email.. Etc.. Mind can't seem to shut down at night! But it will end insha Allah :D patience :D

take care :)

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
thanks for your encouraging words goatlove and habeeb. i am happy for you goatlove because all this immigration stuff is behind you now.
i wish i found this forum before i send in our application. our red flags are i am older than him, we are from different cultures and religions. now i wish i could have told them more on that topic because i grew up in very traditional environment ..and lived in 3 different countries and after spending one month with him and his family i did not see the culture as being so different than in my grandmothers village where women covered their heads, had large families who stuck together and i girls were never to be seen with boys unless they were engaged lol. and also i am not religious and i appreciate many things about his religion. i am not sure if he can bring that up at the interview. also after reading how some interview notes get a little twisted and are not accurate according to few people here i worry. is it good idea to have interpretor for him...does immigration provide one? or does he have to get one himself? i stated on the application that we will need an interpreter. his english is much better after 2 years of communicating but i worry that he maybe get nervous or confused at the interview. we submitted over 30 photos and around 300 pages of screenshots from skype and chats from facebook, skype and any other places. also some letters from my friends and relatives. ah this waiting is nervewrecking and i hope all goes well. i started reading appeal notes because after reading some stuff here my anxiety is out the roof. lol.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the fact that you've been communicating for 2 years is a strong indicator your relationship is genuine. I know, it's all so stressful waiting and wondering and wishing you'd done things differently....but your husband can request the interview be in his language (arabic?) or have an interpreter, that is absolutely his right.

Question to all:

My husband got a call from the embassy today asking for more information about his whereabouts that I'd didn't have room on the form for, and about whether i had returned to visit since we married as I indicated I was planning to do in our application. I think it is a good sign that they are working on his file now. Has anyone ever had this and if so was it long after this that they were called for an interview???

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
habeeb said:
I think the fact that you've been communicating for 2 years is a strong indicator your relationship is genuine. I know, it's all so stressful waiting and wondering and wishing you'd done things differently....but your husband can request the interview be in his language (arabic?) or have an interpreter, that is absolutely his right.

Question to all:

My husband got a call from the embassy today asking for more information about his whereabouts that I'd didn't have room on the form for, and about whether i had returned to visit since we married as I indicated I was planning to do in our application. I think it is a good sign that they are working on his file now. Has anyone ever had this and if so was it long after this that they were called for an interview???
Yes, it happened to my husband. They phoned him end of June 2011 to ask him questions regarding the application. Then, end of August 2011 he received email for interview which was in September of the same year.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
habeeb said:

Question to all:

They are reviewing the file, this is good news. They called my hubby in December asking more about our wedding as we had 3 ceremonies. 1. May 31 we had our religious marriage (Al-fatiha), it is really treated as an engagement. 2. August 1 we had our papers done and marriage registered and 3. August 24 we had the Walima which was the big wedding reception lasting 2 days lol

I can't recall the exact day in December they called, but my hubby had interview on March 25.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
habeeb said:
Question to all:

The embassy had called my husband as well, just a quick question regarding an address on our application. The call was in July and his interview was in November.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
goatlove said:
Jamali, whatsup girl?!
Hi Goatlove ;D just busy busy busy ;D :p

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Hamdulillah our wait is almost all over hhhh Hubby bought his ticket today for May 16! ;D

Aicha2014

May 10, 2014
jomz said:
Hamdulillah our wait is almost all over hhhh Hubby bought his ticket today for May 16! ;D
Hello I'm new to this I need some help and advice please
I been married to my husband for two years
We have one child and another one on the way in about 2 months
I apply to support my husband on January 10 2014 I was approved on February 10 2014 than the case was transfer to Rabat morocco on the same date since than we been waiting we didn't hear anything yet
How much longer it will takes ?
Are they going to call us for interview ?
My husband lives with me in canada are they still going to call him for interview or they may just ask him to send his passport ?

Aicha2014

May 10, 2014
Hello I'm new to this I need some help and advice please
I been married to my husband for two years
We have one child and another one on the way in about 2 months
I apply to support my husband on January 10 2014 I was approved on February 10 2014 than the case was transfer to Rabat morocco on the same date since than we been waiting we didn't hear anything yet
How much longer it will takes ?
Are they going to call us for interview ?
My husband lives with me in canada are they still going to call him for interview or they may just ask him to send his passport ?

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
Well I just heard from my consultant and he was very happy the way I put everything together for the appeal. Thank you all so much in giving me your suggestions. They all helped so very much. Hope everyone is doing great. Miss talking to you all, just have been busy with the kids, work and the appeal.