+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
This sucks, it's been five weeks since my husband had his interview ans still we don't have a date to pick up the visa. It's getting soooo hard to stay positive at this point. I don't understand why it's taking so long. Rabat said they were still looking into his history, what's the problem that it's taking them 5 weeks to look into the history!!

I'm getting desperate and depressed with this waiting. I thought he'd be here a few weeks after the interview. :(

Raven....has Adam had any news?

Cindy

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Raven,

I sent Boras the link to the timeline of the applicants on that site. There are many still waiting for their Visa's From January, February, March and also April.

It seems like many of the Visa's are just taking a long to be given out.

I know it is a very painful wait, but if it helps it is not personal. There are many in the same boat with you .

I truly hope you get that call very soon.
God bless

Good luck to everyone. I hope we all get our calls soon for interviews, and Visas

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Raven, our Rachid had to wait 7 weeks between his interview and call to p/u his visa. Don't worry. I know it doesn't seem fair.
Penny

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
I got this in an email today, thought I would share it all since nobody has any good news to write. Soon Incha alah

** **Proud to be Canadian

You probably missed it in the local news, but there was a report that someone in Pakistan had advertised in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed a Canadian - any Canadian.

An Australian dentist wrote the following editorial to help define what a Canadian is, so they would know one when they found one.

A Canadian can be English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. A Canadian can be Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, Arab, Pakistani or Afghan.

A Canadian may also be a Cree, Métis, Mohawk, Blackfoot, Sioux, or one of the many other tribes known as native Canadians. A Canadian's religious beliefs range from Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu or none. In fact, there are more Muslims in Canada than in Afghanistan. The key difference is that in Canada they are free to worship as each of them chooses. Whether they have a religion or no religion, each Canadian ultimately answers only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

A Canadian lives in one of the most prosperous lands in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms which recognize the right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

A Canadian is generous and Canadians have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return. Canadians welcome the best of everything, the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services and the best minds. But they also welcome the least - the oppressed, the outcast and the rejected.

These are the people who built Canada. You can try to kill a Canadian if you must as other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world have tried but in doing so you could just be killing a relative or a neighbor. This is because Canadians are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, can be a Canadian.

khalilsangel

Feb 6, 2008
khalilsangel said:
hi penny and everyone,

my names ALICE...I live in usa, married to a wonderful moroccan man.I want to move home van bc...but fear immigration..they have so much power to control lives.
I have been married before and i am older than my husband, will this be a problem in sponsoring him in canada?
Hes a skilled worker and I am a certified nurses aide. So jobs should be a bit easier to find.
I own a house and farm in Saskatchewan, and I have a house in Oregon.

Also i dont understand " if money is owed to welfare" we must pay it...Does that mean any government money owed?
Will this hinder the sponsoring of him?

I have ben to morocco twice and will return in june agan...Its soooooo beautiful there and my new family are soooooooo wonderful.
I would love to move there but I have kids and they need me..So i am trying to move home,I wll sponsor him from here "oregon"

I heard t takes 2 years to getyour spouse to CANADA, s this true? :(

I would greatly apreciate any info i can get..Thank you to you all
heres my email.

alicek_5@yahoo.com

peace n blessings
alice

Happy Bird

Jan 7, 2008
Just wanted to let everyone know that a friend of mine in Canada married to a Moroccan lady has finally heard back from Canadian consulate. Rabat started processing his spouse application on Novemver 8. They get the call on April 8, and interview is scheduled for April 28. Cheers...

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
Great New's from Happy Bird for some of you that are still waiting for that call for the interview,

But im so much wanting to hear news from the ones who are still waiting for that pick up date for the visa, its frustrating for me and all of you more I feel like why make you all wait what is going on with the pick up time???

For me I feel so happy because I got my husband safly here by my side alhamdoulilah but when is it your turn ?? maybe it sounds weird but I dont feel good when my dear friends Raven & Boras are still waiting and Cindy & Smail , Becca , Karri...

Im waiting to hear good news and I pray its soon.

For my side well Boubaker after aplying for many jobs. He got one interview and is now started working.alhamdoulilah im so happy for him I was so worried as im from a small town.

Just wanted to give that small news about us in our side we are curently planing a small garden for the summer and planting mint herb so we can make fresh pot of moroccan tea yummmmm

thinking of all of you
and also if Penny is reading this just wanted to say Hello!

Isabelle & Boubaker

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Thanks for the good luck wishes. My houbi just arrived in Rabat a few minutes ago. I am hoping I will have some sort of news in the next 12 hours or so. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will post more details when I know more.

Isabelle/Boubaker: Congrats to Boubaker on his job and please wish him a happy birthday!! And I am completely jealous of any garden plans. I have a small balcony where I was going to do mint and tomatoes, but with my luck, my building is a leaky condo and my entire balcony is being covered and being redone. So there goes any chance of a garden for this year!!!

Cindy and Raven/Boras: I really hope the visas come through soon. This is absolutely ridiculous. Raven - I really hope you hear something soon from your MP. I really thought they were really good at getting things moving.

Penny: Were you able to find a place here in Vancouver? Any bites on your house? Please keep me updated. I am hoping maybe later this summer, that I can host a friends of Morocco night - maybe at the Marrakech Express restaurant. And get all us BC people together!!

Take care,
Becca

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Becca,

Good luck to your Husband with his interview tomorrow.
We are all waiting to hear your good news.

You will be together soon I am sure.

Good luck to Boras also on that second interview.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to be with their loves.

God Bless

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
I am sorry guys I do not have good news to report.

My husband did the interview. He had a short interview with the Moroccan woman, then followed by the canadian woman. He said everything was going fine and the mood was fine and then everything changed, the canadian woman got all strange and then asked my husband why I paid for the apartment rental when I was there in January. My husband pointed out our great wage disparity and said that he payed as much as he could for everything else. Our apartment rental was $1800. - the reason was that I wanted a washer/dryer/bathtub, I wanted to be in a really good neighbourhood. These were my choices, but clearly my choices are being held against him. All the other questions were as posted here in the past.

They kept all the paperwork that he brought with him. They would not give him a response at this time. They said that they will call him in the next week to let him know their decision.

I hate this stuff. I have known my husband for 2.5 years. This is not some flash in the pan romance. If our relationship was not real, why would we be in it for 2.5 years? That does not make sense.

So here I am in tears, not sure I can face the alternatives if we are denied.

I am sick about the fact they did not give him our papers back. I am sick that they do not believe our relationship is valid because I paid for an apartment when I was there in January. This is absolutely heart-breaking. If I was a man and my husband was a woman and the man paid for the apartment, this wouldn't even be questioned. I am sick that they can not see that our relationship is bonafide. What did we do wrong? What did the people who had their answers at the end of the interview do right?

Sadly and in tears at 5am in the morning
Becca

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Becca,

I am so sorry to hear that. I have to tell you though. On the other forum that I watch, they seem to be doing the same to alot of people. There were 2 interviews last week, and they did the same thing to them. And they did the same to many others in the recent past. I don't see many people getting an instant decision.
I wonder if they are starting to take a longer time to make their decisions.

I don't know what's going on in Rabat these days.

I know it's not easy, and easier said than done, but try not to worry.
The more I see, this not giving an answer right away is becoming more common.
I wish they would stop doing this to everyone. There are hearts and lives at the end of those files.

Good luck and God bless

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
I'm sorry also Raven

I saw where Boras posted on the other forum asking if anyone else had a second interview.

I truly wish you both the best.

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hello Again Becca,

I wanted to let you know that the Husband of another woman on another site had his interview today also. The Canadian Agent also gave him a very difficult time. She said she would call him with a decision also.

She questioned why his Wife's Duughter's did not carry their Father's names. You wonder what that has to do with their relationship being genuine?

There seems to be something strange going on.
I think maybe they are just testing the reaction of the Husband's

I hope to hear good news from you soon.

God bless