+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

brianna

Mar 31, 2008
Re: Sponsoring parents in the Philippines

Hi, I sent my application in CPC- Missisauga. How long does the CPC- Mississuaga will send me a letter of confirmation for Approval? How long does it take to sponsor parents in the Philippines? I knew that there is new bill has been proposed from Government Conservative, does it mean that my application will be affected & caused delays? I need more infos... Please...

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Adam, I thought this might make you feel better. Our Rachid had to wait 7 weeks from the time of his interview to his call to p/u his visa. It is very frustrating this waiting, especially when you are so close. Have you tried to phone or email the embassy?

Penny

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
For those of us still waiting for our husbands interviews:

I posted a question asking why someone would get an interview two weeks after AOR while everyone else has waited at least 5 months and still haven't gotten an interview date.

This guy PMM who I guess is some sort of GURU replied with the following response:

Are this person's husband and your husband Siamese twins, in that they have lived in the exact same place, went to the same schools, worked at the same jobs, traveled to the same places, and belonged to the exact same organizations?  Background and Security checks for different people take different times.

PMM

So, I guess this is the answer.  It doesn't matter when you submit your application.  This is the worst pain that can be inflicted on a person.  I feel completely hopeless right now.  At this point, I think he will never get here.  At this rate, confused and lonely's husband will be in canada before my husband even gets called for an interview. 

I will be calling immigration tomorrow to find out what is going on.

waiting too

Mar 24, 2008
hi becca,
i m really surpresied for there reply, i didn t think that they take all this consideration for our files; anyway, they can not surpass 7 mouths to reply.

it s very hard to wait , specilly if we don t know the date of the end of this waiting. they don t reply mails, they don t give a determined date by calling them; so we have just to think in a positive side and don t stress our self.
inch allah we will hear a good news very soon from them.
good luck all

waiting too

Mar 24, 2008
hi raven,
so strong, we have to wait for the interview and than wait another time for the visa ouuuwwwww really it s illogical.
i just wanna ask something, your husband lived in 2 countries for a long or a short time (like a tourist)?
and how much time your file took in rabat?

thank you a lot

inch allah good news veryyyy soooonnn
i feel that this mouth will be full of good news :)

waiting too

Mar 24, 2008
boras said:
waiting too im ravens husband i lived in another country for 12years of course i did get a police clearance from that country. our file was in rabat for 7months .penny thank you i know exactly everyones time frame but thanks again for thinking about us .
boras thank for reply, 7mouths ayayaay
have a good day

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Well I've just read about Confused and Lonely. Congratulations to you, but I would like to know why your papers were done so quickly? Where do you live? Maybe that has something to do with it. Everyone else had to wait so long. Why, I wonder, did they call you so far ahead of the interview time. You said May 15th? People usually get called the week, or two weeks before. I am happy for you of course, but it hurts the others who have been waiting so long. This process is VERY frustrating, and very hard to understand their way of doing things. It seems like they just take someone's papers out of a pile and start working on it. They need me there to organize things.
Penny
P.S. Adam, you're right. This is BULL ****!!!

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
Hi everyone, to be honest we are just as surprised as everyone else this is true I do not know why or how, all I do know is I thank god each and everyday for what he is doing for us. And it isn't over yet they could still do something to make us wait longer. I don't think sometimes there is anyway of being sure of how things are going to work out or how fast they will work on things. I just pray that we are all with our loved ones soon. I mailed my paperwork in on Jan. 18/08 then got them back because I was told by someone only my paperwork, so got them back had to wait for Zakaria's paperwork and then sent them back all together on March 2 they recieved them on March 3, then I recieved a letter around March 12 I think and it told me I was approved for sponsorship on March 5 and that the paperwork was sent to Rabat. Then my husband got a letter around March 21 or 24 saying they were working on our file then he got the call from the embassey on March 29 telling him his interview is on May 15 and something about he will hear from them again in a month haven't been able to get him to explain that part to me yet but I will and as soon as I do I will let you know. Take care and hope to hear some good news from everyone, and those that have their loved ones with them now I am so happy for you. If you have any other questions I will try to answer them.

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
Hi Penny, I live in Edmonton, Alberta I don't think that means anything. Nice to meet you it was your posting that brought me here before I even got married to see what we were up against once we got married. Your information has help us alot thank you so much how is your son inlaw liking canada?

waiting too

Mar 24, 2008
confused and lonely said:
Hi Penny, I live in Edmonton, Alberta I don't think that means anything. Nice to meet you it was your posting that brought me here before I even got married to see what we were up against once we got married. Your information has help us alot thank you so much how is your son inlaw liking canada?
hi,
i told my husband about your date and he told me that it s possible, because he know many friends who finished there application in 3 mouths (file in rabat, call, interview, and visa), so you are lucky like many athors.
:) have a good day

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
hi,
i told my husband about your date and he told me that it s possible, because he know many friends who finished there application in 3 mouths (file in rabat, call, interview, and visa), so you are lucky like many athors.
:) have a good day

Thank you very much I was starting to feel very bad because ours was being done fast, while so many others are waiting for so long. I am sorry to hear that this happens everyone should be done the same why they make it so hard to be with our loved ones is not fair. They charge us a fortune for all he paperwork and then make us wait this is not fair. Hope you all get to see your loved ones soon we all deserve to be with the ones we love.

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
I think it depends on what time of the year you apply. Rachid and Abdel were processed in 3 months last year and they applied around the same time of the year as Confused & Lonely. Don't feel bad about your processing times, just be grateful for what Alah has given us and remember that everything is for a reason. Incha alah we will all be reunited with our loved ones in time.
Cindy

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Ok I have a powerful load of information.  I spoke to Immigration today.

The biggest development is this:  The Canadian government does not govern what happens at the Canadian Embassies.  There are no rules, no processes.  And there is no accountability.  

This means that they can take applications in any order they feel like.  However, the immigration official did say that perhaps the reason why someone's application is processed quickly can be determined by the results of the security checks.  If something is found right away on a security check this can be indicated by setting an interview date in the near future.  I was told that there would have to be a reason why someone's application is processed quickly versus everyone else having huge wait times.  

Having said all that, there are no processes, no rules and no accountability.

If anyone wants to complain, you have to make sure your husband has designated you as the Representative in that special form.  If not, your husband needs to make the complaint.  When you write the letter to ask the questions, you must tell them that you will be doing this as part of making a complaint.  They then have 3 months to respond to you.  After the 3 months has passed, you can call immigration here in Canada and then they will give you the name of another organization that handles the complaints.  

Any emails that are sent to immigration in Rabat will only be responded to if you have that Representative letter signed on file by your husband.

I am still really upset - but more upset that it is so completely unjust.  I paid the same money as everyone else, we have submitted the same paperwork, the time we all wait should be the similar.  I wouldn't even care if it was a little closer in wait times, but come on, really, 5 days versus 5 months.  I guess some of us are supposed to wait 30 times longer than other people (do the math, it really is 30 times longer).

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Spoke to someone else at immigration today. I had another question about Representatives and having that form filled out. I want to be able to inquire about the status of my husband's file so I have to fill it out.

I asked the same question of this person about wait times and processes. This immigration official told me that all files are to be responded to sequentially in chronological order. And if someone gets called out of turn for an interview it can be because they require more information before they schedule a second appointment for the actual interview.

Having said all that, I have received two different answers in the past two days, so who knows if this is true.

I guess I have to be patient, but there has not been any good news for a very long time for those of us who have waited 5 months or more.