+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

CDAGE79

Star Member
May 5, 2007
Congratulation Desperate!  I am happy for you and you wife that the interview went well.  Incha Allah this last step will be quick for you and you can begin your lives together soon.  Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Cindy

desperate

Dec 31, 2007
good day everyone,
as I promised, I'll share with you the questions that were asked of my wife.
Generally speaking, they do not differ from the rest of the past candidates except the lenght of time spent with each & everyone.

How old is your husband?
where did you meet?
how did you meet?
Did you go out prior to your wedding?
does he call you?
How often does he call you?
do you communicate via any other means?(in our case we did lots of voice chat, i could never print out the damn chat boxes as proof but they did not ask her for that anyway)
What's your husband birthdate?
how long did your husband stay in morocco?(in my case i went for two weeks & 2 days after my wedding i had to come back to toronto)
where did you spend those two days? with your husband or with your family?
did you travel together?
how big was your wedding?
how many ppl attended?
was your husband ever married before?
does he have kids?
what are the names of his kids?
how old are they?
what do you do for a living?
how many guests attended your wedding?( She purposely asked her again this question to make sure as she did with my age/birthdate)
Is your husband a canadian citizen?
what does he do for a living?

This was pretty much it. at the end she gave back to my wife her passport, the receipt/proof of monthly support, the pics & told her that they would give her a call when her visa is ready.

The lady also asked my wife to tell her who were some guests on the pics.

Now we are at another stage of waiting. But at least we got over the big one already. I could live with this one.

That's all.

to all of you ppl still waiting for that first call, i wish you the best of luck.

cheers.

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Thank you Desperate for the great information

I have been noticing from many postings that one of the question asked at the interview is what the Applicant does for a living.
My Husband is from small town, and he has not worked in a couple of years. I told him when we started this relationship that it would be a better investment of his time to study and prepare for our future lives together.

Do you think the fact that he has not been working during this time will hurt his chances during the interview?

I miss him so much. Each day away from him is so difficult.

Congratulations to everyone who is receiving good news, and I pray for everyone to be with their spouses soon.

This is such a painful process with all of the wait and sees.

hardwaiting/meenona

Nov 26, 2007
salam all
waw so great information , thk you so mutch desaperate for telling us all the question that they had asked your wife thk you so mutch for sharing with us your experience , alhamdolah congratulatioon again and in cha alah she will get the cal for her visa soon ,
good luck for us all who are still waiting the call for intervew
NoonaAmeen

khalilsangel

Feb 6, 2008
hi penny and everyone,

my names ALICE...I live in usa, married to a wonderful moroccan man.I want to move home van bc...but fear immigration..they have so much power to control lives.
I have been married before and i am older than my husband, will this be a problem in sponsoring him in canada?
Hes a skilled worker and I am a certified nurses aide. So jobs should be a bit easier to find.
I own a house and farm in Saskatchewan, and I have a house in Oregon.

Also i dont understand " if money is owed to welfare" we must pay it...Does that mean any government money owed?
Will this hinder the sponsoring of him?

I have ben to morocco twice and will return in june agan...Its soooooo beautiful there and my new family are soooooooo wonderful.
I would love to move there but I have kids and they need me..So i am trying to move home,I wll sponsor him from here "oregon"

I heard t takes 2 years to getyour spouse to CANADA, s this true? :(

I would greatly apreciate any info i can get..Thank you to you all
heres my email.

alcek_5@yahoo.com

peace n blessings
alice

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
hey everybody,
thanks to desperate for the post because the questions, as usual, come in handy, especially for my husband and i because we got a call this afternoon and he will be interviewed tomorrow morning (wed.)!!! they offered us the opening as they had a cancellation (can you imagine? what reason could you possibly have for cancelling??) anyway, it was very exciting because we found out at the last minute and barely got back to them on time to accept the invitation before the office was closed for the day. we've been waiting a little over 5 1/2 months and are rapidly approaching 6 months since the embassy had had our dossier, so we did feel it would be any time, as boras posted earlier. (ok, so it's one week later than you thought, but it's close!)
we promise to post the questions as soon as we have a chance to talk and write them all down. wish us luck!!! : )
and best of luck to the rest of you who are waiting too. vesna, thanks for being so excited when i called earlier with the news. you and adnane should be next, I believe.

val

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
correction, the interview is tomorrow, which is thursday feb. 7, not wednesday as i wrote.
sorry, very excited and not thinking straight : )
val

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
CONGRATULATIONS Waiting 1

I am so happy for you , The big moment is finally here for you. Good luck tomorrow with the interview. I'm sure everything will be great.

God bless you both

And I hope to hear good news from everyone very soon.

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Congratulations Val! What a lovely surprise! It is so good to see that things are finally moving again.
Penny

hardwaiting/meenona

Nov 26, 2007
salam everyonefor
good news congratulation Waiting 1 , waw so great news good luck for your wife entervew , oh plz Waiting 1 can plz tell us how mutch time they give you from the date they call until the date of intervew,thk you so mutch for your information,best of luck
i hope the good news keep comeing and we all hear soon good news from embassy;, good luck
NoonaAmeen

waiting1

Oct 28, 2007
hi everyone,
i have wonderful news to share. my husband had his interview this morning and at the end they told him at the end that he would have his visa in a few weeks!!

for NoonaAmeen: as i said in my other post, the embassy only called less than 24 hours before the interview, but that is because someone else had cancelled so they had a slot available at the last minute. so of course we said yes because we've been prepared for months for this moment.

we were told his interview would be at 8:30 and although his name was the first called to go into the waiting area, he was not interviewed until 12pm!!! he had arrived early and barely slept the night before so he was totally exhausted. there were only two other spouses being interviewed and the rest of the people there were for other types of services. the two others were women and in both cases they were sent away to get more documents and told that their files would be reviewed again when they were complete, in fact, he felt like one was going to be refused from the way she talked about it, so as you can imagine, he was feeling pretty stressed by the time his chance came hours later.

he was interviewed by two women- one moroccan, one canadian and he found them both very friendly, warm and easy to talk to. the questions that i have posted below will sound like an interrogation, but it was very comfortable and relaxed in tone for the most part and he found it to be a very positive experience.
he wanted me to say this to everyone:

"NOTE: If you are for real, then it's sure and certain you will succeed. There is truly no need to worry and stress over the questions as we did, and to analyze each possibility. So please everyone, relax, don't worry, it is only the questions you have heard about over and over on this forum.
Be yourself, speak from the heart, don't try to strategize too much because you don't need to."

questions he was asked:

do you know why you are here?
when was the first contact with your wife?
how did you meet her?
who made the first contact?
what is your wife's name?
what do you call her? (I think this was because in all our emails he calls me val but my full name is valerie)
how old is your wife?
(they asked him my age, then tried to correct him, but he stood his ground and they said "yes but she will be that age in a few months", which is not really true, my birthday's not until the fall. i found that interesting)
when is her birthdate?
where does your wife work?
what does she do there?
she's lived in different countries, what has she done there?
do you know your wife's family members?
what contact have you had with them?
have you travelled together?
where did you travel together?
did you have a honeymoon?
your wife is divorced, right?
it hasn't been very long since you met each other, but you decided she would come and visit you very soon after you first met online (4 months). why so fast? how did that happen?
what happened when she visited the first time?
why were you so rushed to be married? how do you explain that?
your wife is older than you, can you explain that?
(this led into a bit more of a discussion about our age difference and whether we had discussed how it could affect us etc., it was the most nerve-racking part of the interview because it took on a more serious tone but my husband was strong and spoke from the heart with conviction and they accepted his response- this was clearly the biggest concern)
what do your family members do for work (brother, sister, parents)?
what do you do for work?
noticing our receipts for sending money back & forth:
does your wife send you money because you need it?
did you send her money for the same reason?
do you have family in canada?
are you still in contact with them?

They also looked at some of the photos and asked a few questions about who was in them and where they were taken.

There was some confusion over some of the information we had provided so he had to go over that in some detail and clarify it (some dates were confusing in his forms apparently). Also, they needed him to get our original Arabic marriage certificate certified again in the government office so they would have an updated version for the file.

Bottom line, and all that really matters to us is that they said he had succeeded and was accepted and they would be in touch to let us know when he can pick up the visa within a few weeks. He has the feeling it will be the end of the month.

Again, he said to tell all of you it is much more calm and easy going than you are expecting so don't worry so much!!!!!!!!
We wanted to take the time to post all of these questions so we could help other people the same way we've been helped, so thanks to you all and best of luck to you all as well. I'll let you know the next steps.
For now, I need to go get some sleep because I've been up since 5am and only slept 4 hours last night!!! : )

Val

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Congratulations,

I am so happy hearing that everything went well for your Husband. I look forward to the day you post that he received his Visa. I know the wait is long and painful, but yours is almost over. You will finally be able to start your much deserved lives together.

Also thank you so much for all of the information. It is so very helpful to all of us who are still waiting.
Today is our 5 month wedding anniversary, and I miss him.

God bless you, and I wish you the happiest of futures.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting