+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello everyone

plz tracy ,lady penny,mornie,read this information and tel me what you think

the daugther of lady penny ,mornie and my wife and tracy they paid $1040.00 ,( $75 for the sponsor; $975 for the principal applicant (the person being sponsored)

they say that on the website
-----Effective immediately, the Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) is reduced from C$ 975 to C$ 490-----

The 2006 Federal Budget includes a 50 percent reduction in the $975 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. The new Right of Permanent Residence Fee is $490 for immigrants who become permanent residents under all social, humanitarian and economic classes. The change is effective as of 12:00 a.m. EDT on May 3, 2006.

If you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, but did not become a permanent resident until after 12:00 a.m. EDT on May 3, 2006, you are entitled to a refund

plz read that and tel me what you think ,coz me i think that after when all the husband's at the forum ,have the visa ,we can ask one refund

abdel
abdel

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Abdel,
I think we only paid $490.00 for the PR fee. We applied in Feb 07 so this had already changed.
- Lady Penny

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Mornie, Winnipeg is very, very cold in winter, but extremely hot in summer. There are really only two seasons. The nice thing about Winnipeg is the lakes. Lake Winnipeg has white sand beaches that are as good as beaches in travel brochures, and if you like to fish, there are hundreds of lakes to choose from. The housing is affordable, the people are friendly, and it's a great place to raise your children. IT'S JUST THE WINTER IS SOOOOOOO COLD!
- Abdel's Lady Penny

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hi;

We paid $490 for Right of PR fee, $475 for principal applicant and $75 for sponsorship application = totalling $1040. The $475 + $75 were for applying and $490 for Permanent Residency (RPRF).

Thanks for checking Abdel on the fees! Too bad - thought we might be able to get a refund...

Tracy

Mornie

Jun 10, 2007
Hi Everyone,

Had my hopes up for a second that I could get a refund. Too bad.

Abdel - Thank you for your response. I hope everyone will be getting a call sooner than later for their visa.

Penny - Thank you for the information. Im not intimidated by the winter. Looking forward to moving to Winnipeg.
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Mornie

LCS

May 5, 2005
cmk2 quoted:
Well, here are the actual timelines at Rabat:

Once the file is received at Rabat, your son-in-law has a 30% chance that his PR is approved within 4 months or 50% in 5 mths or 70% in 6 months or 80% in 7 months.
I wouldn't believe these numbers at all. The same time lines are quoted for my case, and 7 months was at the end of April. From what people have been saying, if there is one tiny additional question that the Immigration office can invent, they will, and they will MAKE the time clock will count out to one year to finalize you PR. Don't get yor hopes up.

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
To LS
We know about the timelines. I think we are all basically happy with the way things are going. There are many things that immigration have to check on both sides. Four husbands have had their interviews, and looking at the next step according to the website, is either being accepted or declined. I trust that when they say we will hear soon one way or the either, they mean it. They also say that when couples are separated, they try to get them reunited as quick as possible.
- Penny

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Cindy, I've been thinking of you a lot lately. How are things going? You must be very busy with all the paperwork. Not long now, eh? (Oh so Canadian!)
- Abdel's Lady Penny

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Further to LCS
Re: the 4 couples. It has only been 3 months and a bit since we sent in our papers, and for the husband's to get their interviews this quickly, is a hopeful sign for us.
- Penny

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
To all my people:
LCS is sponsoring her husband from Lima, Peru, so don't get discouraged. Same timelines but different country.
- President Penny (ha-ha!)

essaouira

Apr 27, 2007
hello to everyone
special hello to cindy ,lady penny make me think to her ,plz cindy let us now how are things going
and thank you for lady penny our president hahahahaha
yes lady penny ,you'r right ,the people visa office in rabat do very good work ,and its a big difference between peru and morocco
i think in peru they have civil war and Genocides between :1980-92: Sendero Luminoso - Peru's civil war (69,000 victims) ,and so much people asking the visa was soldiers and part of this war.
hope its all we have in this time; plz LCS dont be...
abdel

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
hello everyone;

yes, I agree with Penny and Abdel - there are different circumstances in every country and every application. The indicaton we've recieved from the Embassy is word from them in a few weeks - I think that will be the case. My husband knows someone who has immigrated to Canada through the same process last winter and they heard from the Embassy about 1 month after their interview. Yes, each case is different, but so far everyone has received similar information.

LCS - I've read your posts and feel for you. It's so frustrating to feel so powerless over the most important part of your life. I hope things go allright and you won't have to wait too long to be with your husband.

Yes - hope is all we have (and each other).

Tracy

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
I'm sure Cindy will update everyone with her news - but we have been in touch and my husband has been helping her fiance with information for their marriage and about the process. She is off to Morocco in about 3 weeks and is very excited!

Tracy

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
Marhaban everyone,
LCS, I must apologize if I sounded harsh, after reading Tracy's kind comment, I know I must have sounded a bit rough. It's just that we all have our hopes up that we won't have to wait much longer. We keep each others spirits up, and when you said what you did, well it kind of upset me. I understand how frustrated you must be. This is a long process. Have you tried contacting the embassy to see what the problem is, if there is one?

Tracy, thanks for the info on Cindy. That's so good that your husband is helping out. It's such a lot to go through, and having someone who is experienced with the process, sure helps. Luckily, our Rachid had a friend who had gone through it.

- Penny