Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ddobro2 said:
No with google chat, it's there as long as you're in your account, no matter what computer you're accessing it from. I don't know what to suggest because I'm not that knowledgeable about comps, really. But yeah, hopefully he can salvage the hard drive. I'd suggest having him remove it instead of you, just so you're not taking any unnecessary chances.
So do you mean having gmail accounts ... I have never heard of being able to chat with google...I would love to try it. The only challenge could be trying to guide the hubby through it from here.

Anyway...can you tell me what I need to do to try and chat there please :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, you'd both open an account with google if you don't have those already, which you would if you've ever used their products, such as docs, groups, checkout, picasa, etc. When you're in gmail, and you have the other gmail address in the contacts/have sent an email to that gmail account, that person will start showing up in the gchat menu on the side of the gmail screen where your emails are (and actually, anytime you have an email conversation open in gmail that includes that email address.) You can video chat there too although I haven't tried it. My husband has used google voice (once you have a google account, you can open any of their applications or "products" as they call them, I think this is just a reiteration of what I wrote in my first sentence), and he adds money to call Morocco (I think it's 5 cents a minute to a landline) and France and Spain from the computer. Calls between the US and Canada are free by the way. Not sure if that was helpful or not but I can try to explain a bit more clearly if you need me to.
dair2dv8103100 said:
So do you mean having gmail accounts ... I have never heard of being able to chat with google...I would love to try it. The only challenge could be trying to guide the hubby through it from here.

Anyway...can you tell me what I need to do to try and chat there please :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh dair, by the way, I just noticed you changed flags on your account here for your icon....what's goin on, I miss seeing that red and green?! :p

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
Oh dair, by the way, I just noticed you changed flags on your account here for your icon....what's goin on, I miss seeing that red and green?! :p
LOL... I kept getting confused by Furturista's posts since they have the same flag.

Plus I am sad to say things are not progressing well for my husband and I at the moment. Honestly I just want to scream most days... but I am quietly waiting to see what happens over the next 3 months since there has been not a peep from from the VO. I am just feeling like a lot of people on here... that my life is on hold... and I am tired of living my life infront of a machine. I try to keep busy with my daughter and church and friends... but there is always that heavy load sitting on my shoulders that I want to either have resolved or to remove it.

We are also in a very difficult situation as I have no more money to travel let alone $1040 for another application. So there is no way I could travel there this year and I have already been without a holiday for over a year now just trying to pay back debt incurred so far. And then the computer dies...... just to make my life even more fun.

We are approaching our 1st year anniversary and things are just seeming very dismal instead of celebratory. It's certainly not how I pictured our first year of marriage.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh man, I can only imagine. Remember when we first filed in May and just look at how much time has passed and we're pretty much in the same position. The major difference being that I'm with my husband (doing squat, granted, and yeah, I feel like my life is "oh hold" too, in a different way) and you're not. So yeah, I can only imagine. I don't know if it's just causing a bit of strain on your relationship (which is normal) or if it's something worse than than, but I can't believe that he wouldn't be sensitive to how hard it is for you and the fact that there's little in your control. You guys need to be taking refuge from the stress by being together even if you have to do it is some small, virtual, unsatisfying way......not bringing even more stress on each other. So yeah, I really hope that you get access to a working computer again soon as that seems to be the lifeblood of your relationship at this point. I had read this on a thread someone set up here to talk about ways to spend quality time together while being geographically apart, and they suggested that you could actually make it so that you "date" using the computer - the trick is to prepare the same meal, eat it at the same time, and perhaps watch the same film together simultaneously - voila, a virtual date night (of course, dressing up and having a web cam would help greatly). Yeah, it's nothing like the real thing but I can see how this can be touching. Until you can be together, it looks like you'll have to survive on your creativity, your empathy, and your patience. Best wishes.

dair2dv8103100 said:
LOL... I kept getting confused by Furturista's posts since they have the same flag.

Plus I am sad to say things are not progressing well for my husband and I at the moment. Honestly I just want to scream most days... but I am quietly waiting to see what happens over the next 3 months since there has been not a peep from from the VO. I am just feeling like a lot of people on here... that my life is on hold... and I am tired of living my life infront of a machine. I try to keep busy with my daughter and church and friends... but there is always that heavy load sitting on my shoulders that I want to either have resolved or to remove it.

We are also in a very difficult situation as I have no more money to travel let alone $1040 for another application. So there is no way I could travel there this year and I have already been without a holiday for over a year now just trying to pay back debt incurred so far. And then the computer dies...... just to make my life even more fun.

We are approaching our 1st year anniversary and things are just seeming very dismal instead of celebratory. It's certainly not how I pictured our first year of marriage.

Futurista

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
Doc's Request.
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Interview........
08-05-2012
I hadn't noticed...sorry Dair about the flag thing. You and I can switch it up month to month, I don't mind! ;0) Hihihi...wish they had more that we could choose from.

On another note, I don't know if anyone lives in the Ottawa area, but I'm heading to Rabat in a few weeks to see hubster. If there's anything I can do for any of you (bring stuff to your loved ones), please let me know.

Hang in there all, good things come to those who wait. At least there's comfort knowing that we're not the only ones in this boat. It's difficult, but our time will come soon, I can feel it. Hugs to all!

Futurista

Futurista

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
Doc's Request.
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Interview........
08-05-2012
I just can't believe how much some are going through though...very difficult to read in same cases. I'm praying for everyone!

Futurista

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
Doc's Request.
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Interview........
08-05-2012
Strange...used to work for CIC, and now I know what it feels like on the other side. Was never easy before, but it's a whole different ball game when it becomes personal.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well i have read some posts and i would like to comment....me and my husband started talking in august 2010 and he actually went on his knees and asked me to marry him on skype 2mths later .....but thats after her sent me gifts including a promise ring and necklace pyjamas a dress etc... but even though i fell for him har and said yes even though i really met him the 1st time in jan 2011 but the first night we went to the family home now they are 12siblings but not all under the same roof but they all came and when i was there i just knew that marriage was definetely going to happen and we did on jan 20th on my first trip.....

If especially a Morroccan man doesnt want to present u to his family he is not taking u for serious at all......they dont do girlfriend boyfriend but they can introduce u as someone special and then come back and then marry if thats what u want...they shouldnt be any rules in a relationship no demands on the person they should love u for who u are......

as habibiti i agree 100% for this immigration process u need to be reallyyyy strong and financially strong what they make in morocco they really cant help you its nt worth it ......and theres a lot a money that goes starting with phone calls then immigration papers then god forbid lawyer like us and then trips and then spending money oufffffff its finanncially draining and emotional and physical...its hard i didnt think it was going to be this hard....

so you need to think about it 5x over before anything .......

but good luck to all

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I will talk to my husband about the google option and hopefully he will be able to figure it out on his end alone.... he is not computer literate...lol
But it sounds like a good option considering the problems with my pc.

As for the date night.....that would be great....but he has to go to a cyber cafe. They wont allow food there...but...we could look at watching a film together and sharing a "Coka"....lol

To be honest he has been trying very hard since I got fed up with his constant video watching and just started walking away from the computer or playing a game or listening to music. I had told him straight up before (twice) that it bothered me but once I finally started just ignoring him,,,,he got the hint...lol Now he is always trying to engage in conversation again. If I only answer with "it was a busy day" he will ask...busy how? what happened? He has started making wooden toys for my daughter....and things for me. He is an incredible artist and can paint anything and create anything out of wood.

I think the biggest problem is not him...it is me... I am so afraid of being destroyed by this process that I have shut down somewhat emotionally...turned down the heat so to speak... I don't want to hit a wall going 1000 miles an hour. Maybe it is the wrong thing to do at this time... but I dont know any other way to protect my heart from this process. This is all because I spoke with an immigration lawyer that said ... with the potential loss of our conversations. There is not much evidence that we have maintained contact and that we actually love each other very much. She said I would have to make another trip there...get more photos... spend more time and then in 6 months or so apply again. Well as I mentioned in an earlier post... I have no more money to travel there again let alone for another application. I have not seen my husband in a year and it would be atleast another year before I could truly afford to travel again...even then I would be incurring debt. Then to have to get the money to apply again and do all this waiting again. Not too encouraging....and I know I am getting ahead of myself because we have not even had an interview yet... but it just seems i am surrounded by people that are convinced this was a bad idea and that it will never work.

I have 1 friend that, bless her heart, is always positive. Always trying to build me up instead of break me down. So I am trying to listen to that little voice among the throngs.

anyway...blah blah blah... ::) can tell i spend wayyyy too much time with a machine. :p

Thanks for the encouragement, suggestions and prayers all...... we all need them so much. Its good to have a sounding board of people who have been or are going through all this.

ddobro2 said:
Oh man, I can only imagine. Remember when we first filed in May and just look at how much time has passed and we're pretty much in the same position. The major difference being that I'm with my husband (doing squat, granted, and yeah, I feel like my life is "oh hold" too, in a different way) and you're not. So yeah, I can only imagine. I don't know if it's just causing a bit of strain on your relationship (which is normal) or if it's something worse than than, but I can't believe that he wouldn't be sensitive to how hard it is for you and the fact that there's little in your control. You guys need to be taking refuge from the stress by being together even if you have to do it is some small, virtual, unsatisfying way......not bringing even more stress on each other. So yeah, I really hope that you get access to a working computer again soon as that seems to be the lifeblood of your relationship at this point. I had read this on a thread someone set up here to talk about ways to spend quality time together while being geographically apart, and they suggested that you could actually make it so that you "date" using the computer - the trick is to prepare the same meal, eat it at the same time, and perhaps watch the same film together simultaneously - voila, a virtual date night (of course, dressing up and having a web cam would help greatly). Yeah, it's nothing like the real thing but I can see how this can be touching. Until you can be together, it looks like you'll have to survive on your creativity, your empathy, and your patience. Best wishes.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Futurista said:
I hadn't noticed...sorry Dair about the flag thing. You and I can switch it up month to month, I don't mind! ;0) Hihihi...wish they had more that we could choose from.

On another note, I don't know if anyone lives in the Ottawa area, but I'm heading to Rabat in a few weeks to see hubster. If there's anything I can do for any of you (bring stuff to your loved ones), please let me know.

Hang in there all, good things come to those who wait. At least there's comfort knowing that we're not the only ones in this boat. It's difficult, but our time will come soon, I can feel it. Hugs to all!

Futurista
No worries hahaha... vjamal has it too...there is enough red and green to go around...lol

I wish I lived closer. I would love to send over the gifts I have for my husband and my nephews. I am just trying to save enough to send them over soon. I know immigration loves seeing the whole gift exchange thing... but it was much simpler and cheaper when I simply sent money and my husband bought things for our nephews and sisters. I could send far more money and it would go further. But .. immigration might see it differently. My husband is very afraid of it looking like I am supporting him. He is afraid they will think he is demanding money when in reality I am the one who demands to send it because I know he is struggling. Mind you it is not much maybe $50 here and there....but it is something.

Anyway... I am totally jealous that you are heading over... but of course have a safe journey and a wonderful time. All the best.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
dair2dv8103100 said:

Hang in there Dair! This is a huge test of your relationship - most "regular" couples couldn't pass it, and many of us won't either. You just got to dig really deep to pull out a little more patience! Good luck to you!

Lynn

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
locolynn said:
Hang in there Dair! This is a huge test of your relationship - most "regular" couples couldn't pass it, and many of us won't either. You just got to dig really deep to pull out a little more patience! Good luck to you!

Lynn
Thanks Lynn

I think part of the issue is the weather too. I leave in the morning and the sun is just cracking the horizen and I leave work and the sun is setting... by 6pm it looks like midnight. Like a lot of people this affects me terribly in the winter. All I want to do is sleep. Even my office is on the wrong side of the building to get the sunshine.

I have started going out at lunch to get some fresh air and sun when it is out and that helps. Someone suggested taking vitamin D suppliments ... like I need another expense. ::)

Anyway, all I can be is patient... what else do we have? All I can do is wait and see what April brings.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Futurista said:
Strange...used to work for CIC, and now I know what it feels like on the other side. Was never easy before, but it's a whole different ball game when it becomes personal.
So is it true they are more likely to be annoyed with a client that was calling their MP and attempting to contact CIC all the time?? :p

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A very good question. Have you done either of those things or gotten the GCMS notes yet, Dair?
dair2dv8103100 said:
So is it true they are more likely to be annoyed with a client that was calling their MP and attempting to contact CIC all the time?? :p