Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Caroline....

You are not the first nor will you be the last to fall for a sweet honey tongue. It happens all too often. Just rest assured that you are doing the right thing for you and your kids.

You have saved yourself considerable time and money by finding out early that this man is a manipulator. It is better than some who find out too late and have spent life savings and gone through immeasurable emotional stress and strain only to find out once he is here that he was either just coming for the visa or is abusive in some manner or another.

Obviously none of us that are married to Moroccan men and so far things are going well would say all men are alike. There are good and bad men and women all over this earth. Location means nothing. So take what you have learned from this and be stronger and wiser.

You deserve the best for you and your children. Dont let this guy manipulate himself on you. Be strong over the next days. You are worth it!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would just like to add, in addition to agreeing with what everyone else has expressed, that it's important to remember the old adage that nobody else can love you until you love yourself. Caroline, you said "FML" and "I hate my life" just in that one post. Are you serious talking like that, girl? That's not the image you want to put out there when you're on the dating scene, and I'm sure I don't even have to say anything about how children are affected when their parents talk like that. In case someone's going to come at me again, by the way, I just want to point out that I'm not attacking Caroline as a woman or a mother. I just think there's something to be said about loving yourself first. When you put that confident aura out into the universe, you will attract the good types, believe me.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
I would just like to add, in addition to agreeing with what everyone else has expressed, that it's important to remember the old adage that nobody else can love you until you love yourself. Caroline, you said "FML" and "I hate my life" just in that one post. Are you serious talking like that, girl? That's not the image you want to put out there when you're on the dating scene, and I'm sure I don't even have to say anything about how children are affected when their parents talk like that. In case someone's going to come at me again, by the way, I just want to point out that I'm not attacking Caroline as a woman or a mother. I just think there's something to be said about loving yourself first. When you put that confident aura out into the universe, you will attract the good types, believe me.
100% agree!!

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I don't know if any of you are computer whizes or not but I have a BIG problem. My pc died AGAIN.... the first time I lost all our conversations for 2009...now at that time I did not know the significance of it....but now I am all too aware.

I got was my friend calls "the blue screen of death" my computer won't even boot up :'( :'( If I cna't get it fixed then that means I have lost all our conversations and many photos we shared since getting married. And I know how important these are for his interview.

I want to cry... I have no idea how to save them onto a disc or thumb drive. I had recently bought a windows package and put it on and bought a printer over the holidays...and it crashes... !!!

Does anyone know if there is going to be anyway to retrieve them??? I just cant believe this... AGAIN... and I had just put into place the things I can use to get them printed off :mad:

HELP!!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Start your comp in safe mode and try to rescue those files onto a disk or flash, then go to a technician and hopefully it'll be fine after you reinstall the operating system.
dair2dv8103100 said:
I don't know if any of you are computer whizes or not but I have a BIG problem. My pc died AGAIN.... the first time I lost all our conversations for 2009...now at that time I did not know the significance of it....but now I am all too aware.

I got was my friend calls "the blue screen of death" my computer won't even boot up :'( :'( If I cna't get it fixed then that means I have lost all our conversations and many photos we shared since getting married. And I know how important these are for his interview.

I want to cry... I have no idea how to save them onto a disc or thumb drive. I had recently bought a windows package and put it on and bought a printer over the holidays...and it crashes... !!!

Does anyone know if there is going to be anyway to retrieve them??? I just cant believe this... AGAIN... and I had just put into place the things I can use to get them printed off :mad:

HELP!!!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
ddobro2 said:
I would have said the same thing! :p

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
dair2dv8103100 said:

HELP!!!
There is still hope! The same thing happened to me in 2009! I was so desperate as I lost our msn conversations, our pictures and other things that was so pertinent for Immigration Canada. A friend of my ex-husband helped me to recover most of the files. It is a complex job and it takes lots of time, but it is worth it! Once it is recovered, make sure to ask the technician to do a backup disk for you. I have my fingers cross for you!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
I want to add... what about your husband? Does he have your pictures and msn chats saved on his computer?

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Habibti said:
I want to add... what about your husband? Does he have your pictures and msn chats saved on his computer?
He does not have a computer. He goes to cyber cafes ...

I spoke with a man in my church who is a computer wiz and he asked me to bring him my harddrive. He thinks he should be able to recover most things on it but i will likely still need a new tower.

So frustrating since we are already struggling so much financially and this is the only way to communicate that i dont have many options.

As a side note... I am using my friends notebook....never in a million years will i buy a notebook...it is taking me forever just to post this stupid post...the cursor moves all over and it randomly deletes a portion of what i am writing. grrr...lol

Anyway i hope he will be able to recover the most important things as you were able to habibti. I was freaking out when it happened though.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
Start your comp in safe mode and try to rescue those files onto a disk or flash, then go to a technician and hopefully it'll be fine after you reinstall the operating system.
It would not even get to the point of being able to select safe or regular mode. all you hear when i turn it on is a fan... thats it and nothing happens... no beeps, no whirring no nothing.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sorry for the random responsses...with this tiny screen I missed yours ddobro.

:p

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So it doesn't even show you the black screen with the options (the different F keys, I think) when it's trying to start up?
dair2dv8103100 said:
Sorry for the random responsses...with this tiny screen I missed yours ddobro.

:p

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know about msn but we chatted prolifically in Google and it was all saved as chat logs, nothing to do on your part. The photos - yeah, that's an issue. If there's anything available in emails or on Facebook, you at least have that, which really is the beauty of cloud computing.
dair2dv8103100 said:
He does not have a computer. He goes to cyber cafes ...

I spoke with a man in my church who is a computer wiz and he asked me to bring him my harddrive. He thinks he should be able to recover most things on it but i will likely still need a new tower.

So frustrating since we are already struggling so much financially and this is the only way to communicate that i dont have many options.

As a side note... I am using my friends notebook....never in a million years will i buy a notebook...it is taking me forever just to post this stupid post...the cursor moves all over and it randomly deletes a portion of what i am writing. grrr...lol

Anyway i hope he will be able to recover the most important things as you were able to habibti. I was freaking out when it happened though.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
So it doesn't even show you the black screen with the options (the different F keys, I think) when it's trying to start up?
Nope...not a thing. Just sits there with one fan whirring away...the moniter never changes. No beeps, no grinding sounds, not even an F U... hahah sorry...I am slightly irritated by this... ::)

ddobro2 said:
I don't know about msn but we chatted prolifically in Google and it was all saved as chat logs, nothing to do on your part. The photos - yeah, that's an issue. If there's anything available in emails or on Facebook, you at least have that, which really is the beauty of cloud computing.
MSN is saved as well....but only on the computer you used to chat with. I could not log into msn anywhere else and get them :( I am just praying this man will be able to get the stuff from my hard drive......even the personal stuff...uggg :-[ my husband was more worried about this than the conversations..hahaha

I certainly won't let this happen again... I thought I had put in place some good safety guards but they failed...so the only thing to do is save every conversation right away to a thumb drive so this never happens again. :-\

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No with google chat, it's there as long as you're in your account, no matter what computer you're accessing it from. I don't know what to suggest because I'm not that knowledgeable about comps, really. But yeah, hopefully he can salvage the hard drive. I'd suggest having him remove it instead of you, just so you're not taking any unnecessary chances.
dair2dv8103100 said:
Nope...not a thing. Just sits there with one fan whirring away...the moniter never changes. No beeps, no grinding sounds, not even an F U... hahah sorry...I am slightly irritated by this... ::)

MSN is saved as well....but only on the computer you used to chat with. I could not log into msn anywhere else and get them :( I am just praying this man will be able to get the stuff from my hard drive......even the personal stuff...uggg :-[ my husband was more worried about this than the conversations..hahaha

I certainly won't let this happen again... I thought I had put in place some good safety guards but they failed...so the only thing to do is save every conversation right away to a thumb drive so this never happens again. :-\