Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ddobro2 said:
Oh ok. So how many weeks and how many dirhams for just a single page sent in a regular envelope non-priority?
It will still take a couple weeks... but hopefully be a fraction of the cost.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right. It's essentially pretty much an instantaneous request at Buffalo too because it's almost always emailed out and you know how much time people spend checking their email every day just in the hopes of seeing CIC in the "from" field ::) We can then choose to mail the passport there and wait 15 days (since December of last year, it's even just photocopies of the passport pages) or to show up at the consulate in NY when they take walk-ins on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
dair2dv8103100 said:
Oh... and in Rabat they don't issue PPR's... they just call the applicant to come in with it and stamp it the same day... one thing I DO like about Rabat... hahaha

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks for your help with this ddobro... turns out I could not see my husband last night and now won't till tomorrow so I can't do anything until them ::)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No worries. I think it'll be worth it when you get a sense of what's been going on with your file a month and a half from now (assuming he sends you the consent form a couple of weeks from now and you mail in the request immediately thereafter), unless he gets his PPR phone call at some point between now and then.
dair2dv8103100 said:
Thanks for your help with this ddobro... turns out I could not see my husband last night and now won't till tomorrow so I can't do anything until them ::)

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Jus curious...and rjessome you may be able to shed some light on this...do the gcms or CAIPS (or whatever they are called now) say much before you have an interview?

I only ask cuz when we ordered ours (it was CAIPS back then) I don't remember seeing anything relevant except to find out what went on in the interview...bur maybe that's different now?

Not suggesting Dair shouldn't order - it certainly can't hurt...I'm just curious, that's all.

Locolynn

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The first set of notes I ordered didn't have much info in it compared to the successive batches (obviously). But it still gave me more information than e-cas, that's for sure. At that point, I learned that my medical assessment was in progress and nothing else had been started yet. I learned they received the medicals from Ottawa (comparable in your case to the regional medical center in Paris), assessed them, that I was deemed Excessive Demand Exempt with no identified health condition, and that no surveillance was required. Obviously I got a bit confused at that point as to why that category was still "in progress" when all of that had been determined but no matter. Even though they say that GCMS has more freeform writing than CAIPS did, I can tell you that some of the coding there does get hard to understand. And of the 23 pages, a lot of the information is just a repetition of categories and information. But that's what highlighters were invented for, no?

locolynn said:
Jus curious...and rjessome you may be able to shed some light on this...do the gcms or CAIPS (or whatever they are called now) say much before you have an interview?

I only ask cuz when we ordered ours (it was CAIPS back then) I don't remember seeing anything relevant except to find out what went on in the interview...bur maybe that's different now?

Not suggesting Dair shouldn't order - it certainly can't hurt...I'm just curious, that's all.

Locolynn

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I was surprised too when ddobro had said she ordered before the suggested processing time... but I figure... why not....the worst that will happen is I get a bunch of stuff I already know.

I am just curious to know if they have progressed past the medical received yet. I mean... I don't understand how it can take 8 months to read an application....when they have the medicals and the security check takes maximum 4 months... I know I am not a fast reader but come on.... lol

Of course I am being a little sarcastic here... but I am sure you all can understand my frustration.

hayati

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
15,10,2010..re-do meds 20,10,2011
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
:( I'm so stressed and fustrated,,,today it is 4 months my husband had his interview and 3 months he re- did his medicals, I don't understand why Rabat is taking so long, I e-mailed them and it is over a month and I didn't receive a reply,,,has anyone had any lucky e-mailing Rabat????our file on CIC has been in process since Oct 20, 2011 and nothing has changed on there :'(, its taking so long and now iam feeling the pain and stress...if anyone can shead some light I would be greatful,,thanks

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
hayati said:
:( I'm so stressed and fustrated,,,today it is 4 months my husband had his interview and 3 months he re- did his medicals, I don't understand why Rabat is taking so long, I e-mailed them and it is over a month and I didn't receive a reply,,,has anyone had any lucky e-mailing Rabat????our file on CIC has been in process since Oct 20, 2011 and nothing has changed on there :'(, its taking so long and now iam feeling the pain and stress...if anyone can shead some light I would be greatful,,thanks
I can only say I know your pain...at one point Rabat stopped responding to my emails. I can only think it is because they have nothing new to say.

Stay positive!

Lynn

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hayati said:
Have you ordered your GCMS notes?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's the "suggested processing time"? Are you referring to the 10 months here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp? That's in essence historical information - how many months 80% of the cases for your VO were processed in during the past year. You can order notes whenever you want to during the 2nd step of the process, but it wouldn't have much in it if the file had just arrived at the VO. I think for it's appropriate to look because it's been what? 6-7 months since they've received it for step 2? That's more than half the "10 month" mark.
dair2dv8103100 said:
I was surprised too when ddobro had said she ordered before the suggested processing time... but I figure... why not....the worst that will happen is I get a bunch of stuff I already know.

I am just curious to know if they have progressed past the medical received yet. I mean... I don't understand how it can take 8 months to read an application....when they have the medicals and the security check takes maximum 4 months... I know I am not a fast reader but come on.... lol

Of course I am being a little sarcastic here... but I am sure you all can understand my frustration.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
What's the "suggested processing time"? Are you referring to the 10 months here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp? That's in essence historical information - how many months 80% of the cases for your VO were processed in during the past year. You can order notes whenever you want to during the 2nd step of the process, but it wouldn't have much in it if the file had just arrived at the VO. I think for it's appropriate to look because it's been what? 6-7 months since they've received it for step 2? That's more than half the "10 month" mark.
Well I thought earlier you had mentioned that it was 11 months for the 80% mark in Buffalo..... ?? maybe I misunderstood.

For Rabat it is currently 80% in 8 months....that is the second stage. I am only at 5 months right now. So I am no where near the end. And from the sounds of hayatis situation I might be in for a much longer wait. Of course I know everyone's situation is different.

I am just curious to know if anything at all has been done with our file... or if we are just sitting there collecting dust. That is the only reason I want to order the notes.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, I had forgotten it went down to 8 months (aren't you guys lucky) and thought it was still 10, which is why I was citing that. So yeah, even more reason. Of course that means that 20% of people take more than 8 months to finalize step 2. I am actually quite surprised it fell from 10 months to 8 months for Rabat, but I think it's great. I thought yours had been at the VO for at least 6 months but perhaps I'm not taking into account the delay you had with having the undertaking documents returned initially and then re-sending them.
dair2dv8103100 said:
Well I thought earlier you had mentioned that it was 11 months for the 80% mark in Buffalo..... ?? maybe I misunderstood.

For Rabat it is currently 80% in 8 months....that is the second stage. I am only at 5 months right now. So I am no where near the end. And from the sounds of hayatis situation I might be in for a much longer wait. Of course I know everyone's situation is different.

I am just curious to know if anything at all has been done with our file... or if we are just sitting there collecting dust. That is the only reason I want to order the notes.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
Oh, I had forgotten it went down to 8 months (aren't you guys lucky) and thought it was still 10, which is why I was citing that. So yeah, even more reason. Of course that means that 20% of people take more than 8 months to finalize step 2. I am actually quite surprised it fell from 10 months to 8 months for Rabat, but I think it's great. I thought yours had been at the VO for at least 6 months but perhaps I'm not taking into account the delay you had with having the undertaking documents returned initially and then re-sending them.
Right... if it had gone through the first time it would be 6 months... but it got to Rabat Aug 9th. So technically it is only just starting 5 months right now.

Another strange thing was for a while on ecas it said Processing Application as of Aug 16th ...then it went back to Application Received Aug 9th?? ?? Seriously, I think it is messed up.

Today I am so tired and have so much pain that I don't even want to think about it. It's days like today that I feel the most overwhelmed. So... I buy chocolate... hahaha chocolate fixes everything... LOL :p

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha, yes it does, if only for a few moments of bliss. No but seriously, e-cas is notoriously "messed up" as you say....and in so many ways. Take care.
dair2dv8103100 said:
Right... if it had gone through the first time it would be 6 months... but it got to Rabat Aug 9th. So technically it is only just starting 5 months right now.

Another strange thing was for a while on ecas it said Processing Application as of Aug 16th ...then it went back to Application Received Aug 9th?? ?? Seriously, I think it is messed up.

Today I am so tired and have so much pain that I don't even want to think about it. It's days like today that I feel the most overwhelmed. So... I buy chocolate... hahaha chocolate fixes everything... LOL :p