+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Yvonne

Feb 14, 2008
I miss my husband...we talk every day....all the time...hours of telling each other about our days and planning our life....

Come on immigration!!! Let the rest of our life start!! Our application has been in process for 185 days....we have been in love for 1 year and 8 months.....but spent so little of that time in each others arms....I wish it was going faster....

**Crossing finger** I hope September it happens!

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
kinromorocco,

You should get a letter a few weeks after your wife receives her sponsorship approval. If you don't receive it within a month I highly recommend you email the embassy and ask them. This embassy has a habit of loosing files, confusing information, crossing data etc.

The letter you receive will have your dossier number on it and that's the number you use to track on the CIC website. They are working at this time because I have received correspondence from them this week via email so someone is there, although it may not be fully staffed in the summer, but that's just a guess.

paixpeace

Mar 17, 2008
hi every one iam glad to share my experience with all of u i ws married in 7 agust 2008 my wife is from edmonton we ws dating for almost 3 year she came to morocco 4 times and we just got married we filed the application for sponsoring but didnt sent yet because i need to do medical chek iam from casablanca can anyone tel me how that work and wish doctor shold i choise and how much i have to pay thank you and RAMANDAN MOBARAK I HOPE NEXT YEAR WILL BE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR FOR ALL OF US INCHAALAH

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
I received my file back from Rabat today. Ninety days to the day we sent the appeal out.

Now more waiting :)

Best of luck to everyone!

paixpeace

Mar 17, 2008
hi sos_help its ok thats my pleasure to share everything that i know with you u can contact me witch eara in casablanca u are iam in maarif i can meet u if u want why not .

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
I am happy that you have finally recieved your paperwork back I hope things go quickly for you with all the waiting that you have already had to do I hope all goes well for you.

Welcome to all the new people I hope you find all that you are needing, and congrates on the marriages and engagements.

I hope we are all with our loved ones very soon yesterday was my first anniversary and of course we are apart for it. Still waiting for our interview date hope it is soon.

Take care and god bless.

deegirl

Aug 29, 2008
Be patient...i filed for my husbands immigration work begining of june,,,,,i got aproval july 2nd my hubby got his paper work just this week lol,,, 25th of aug,,,they might be slow but they working at rabat.

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
WOW so many Canadians marrying Moroccans. Congratulations to you all! What internet site did you guys meet on?

I am a Canadian (born in Canada). Went to Morocco (parents homeland) twice this year, just got back in the middle of August. I miss it already, been their 11 times, but haven't been their in 10 years until this year.

Now I met a girl back their, and we are in a serious relationship, and inshAllah (god willing) plan on getting married.

From my understanding once we get married, I can file all of the documents in Canada once I return, is that correct? Do I need to bring any documents with me to Morocco, for when we get married?

Now on her part, do we need to go to Rabat to get some special documents, or can this all be done in Agadir? What special documents does she need from Rabat if we need anything?

Any insightful information would be great. I didn't go through the whole thread as it is too big!

Best regards,

ALBERTA-PNP

Aug 28, 2008
salam everyody,
I just would like to mention tha It is very nice to see that many people here are in very serious and loving relationships ,especially canadians and moroccans,,
By the way, I am moroccan living in alberta.If any canadian man or woman need help concerning their marriage with morrocans either men or women,I will be happy to provide assistance.
merci

A

Alfawolf

Hi,

A friend of mine gave me this link because we are both going through the visa process, wich is long!

but chin up my case is going pretty well! it took 30 days to get everything done in Missisauga, 8 days to get a letter from Rabat to let us know that they received the papers and have started processing them.
I'm a Quebec resident so i needed another paper from the provincial goverment, a selection certificate. That took 14 days and the 3 days to get to Rabat.

so basicly, they got our papers in Ontario on May 2 and the embassy in Rabat sent the letter to my husband on june 10 that they have started the process.

The case has been in waiting for 3 months now, they have all they need including medical and police certificates.

I do have a question, is an interview mandatory? if so what kind of questions will they ask? How long does it take to get an appointment for that?

Thanks !

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Hello Alfawolf

You should get the interview around the seven month point. I haven't heard of anyone not having an interview in Morocco. You'll be asked to bring more evidence ie chat logs, phone records, e-mails, cards pics and any other evidence you have showing that your relationship is genuine. You will also need to take your passport. They will give you the passport back at the end of the interview. Then you will get a letter from them about two weeks later saying if you were approved or not.

The interview takes about an hour. You'll be asked your sponsor's name, birthday, how much she earns, how you met, how long ago you met, if you've met the family why or why not, what do you know about the family, do you know what your wifes hobbies are, have you spoken to any of her friends, if she has children do you interact with them, how are you going to be a supporting parent, where you have worked, have you given your wife any gifts and has she given you any gifts, why you want to come to Canada, if you are refused what will you do, what will you do if you come to Canada, did you consumate the marriage.

Be sure to take more evidence with you they need to see that you are still continuing a relationship.

Goodluck!

A

Alfawolf

Hi again!

Thanks for the info even if it's not as good as i had hoped...i've been back since janurary and haven't seen my hubby in 8 months now...

but we talk all the time by phone and msn...thank goodness i keep all of our conversations!

But hopefully things will pick up soon since the holidays are over. It's been 3 months already so...
Our case has been processed really fast from what my friend told me. He is an immigration consultant! so he is confident that it will be just 1 or 2 more months considering we don't have any kids, never been married or traveled much and i sent in proof of my trips with my cousin, 100 pictures at least of us and the wedding and family members, emails, phone bills $$$! lol. I think i sent in too much!

I surely will keep you posted regularly.
My hubby is going to go inquire at the Embassy in person next week, just to say hello i'm waiting!! lol

A

Alfawolf

Hello ,

I have another question,

My husband is waiting for his visa in Rabat for 3 months now. What are the chances he would be approved for a visitor's visa? and would this cause his file to be pushed back ?

Has anyone been approved for a visit while awaiting their permanent resident visa?
Thanks

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hi Alfawolf;

There is no point applying for a tourist visa, especially since you already have a sponsorship application in process. They will highly doubt he will return to Morocco since he has a wife in Canada. You're better to wait out the sponsorship application process or go to morocco and visit him there.

I know it sucks - however that's the reality of the situation.

Best,

Travel_fan

A

Alfawolf

Hi again,

Thanks for the response. I kinda of knew it was a long shot anyways!
Thank god for msn and calling cards...i can't afford at this point to go back so we'll just have to tough it out!

Have a good night