+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

wantmyman456

Jun 17, 2008
thanks for the luck.
No, i got married already. just recently on may 5. but we are having so much trouble with the immigration papers. He is in morocco and i am in canada now, so it is so hard. we dont know what we should send, like, how much...um for example; we are still working on the development of our relationship question. um...right now we are just working on his...i wish to see him soon, but this is taking FOREVER.

i wish that the waiting process will go by smoothly.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Hi Wantmyman456,

What they are trying to determine is if you have a "genuine" relationship ie. not just married for visa.
Anything you can provide to show that will be helpful:

Pictures
boarding passes, passport stamps of times you visited
Emails
Msn conversations

As many will attest to - they are less interested in you and more interested in him. So its good to be as detailed and specific when answering the questions on his end.

Specifically with the "development of the relationship" you can provide a timeline of events - start with the circumstances under which you met, how you came to be in love, important markers in your relationship - ie. how did he propose, when did you meet his family, when did he meet yours, where did you go on a honeymoon etc.

Hope that helps!

Lynn

wantmyman456

Jun 17, 2008
thank you so much hoping75 and locolynn...sorry, i forgot so fast the names:p

anyway..this does help me a bit more. yes, we are still working on the developement of our relationship question:s. for maybe more than a week now....:s:S we stay up all nights and i wake up extra early for work to talk to him...so i dont know...our relationship is truely genuine and i hope the government thinks the same. we have so much and it is still not finished. so i was wondering...are his incorrect sentences fine to send? or should he correct his grammar? because i dont want this to get sent back or rejected:s.

ahh!!! its just so so confusing!!! :O after this question i hope it gets better. :s...all of our papers are mixed too...i hope to figure it out.
its very nice to have help..thank you so much. i will keep you posted on how it goes:s

oh, and another thing....he was responsible for me and we got a paper to say that. this was before we got married...so this is just a very very long frustrating process for me. he needs to have the paper translated and it takes a couple of days...and we are having trouble with this too. i hope to get them sent maximum next week because this is already so ridiculous and taking so so long. :(

Happy Bird

Jan 7, 2008
You need to sit down and think clearly. Take it one document at time. If you rush, you'll regret it. No questions both you are confused, and this really does not help either of you. Chances are messed up paper work will surely result in rejection of application at the first place.

If you just knew each other recently, how come you rushed into marriage so fast? Immigration agents have questions authenticity of such marriages in many occasions.

As for language, applications are available in French too. So if his English is not good, he can fill out paperwork in French. Or obtain help from friends and relatives if he can't do it alone. All the forms and guide on how to fill the forms are available on the cic.gc.ca web site. But then immigration agent may question relationship where two can't communication in the same language adequately enough.

I suggest you retain an immigration consultant to fill out your paperwork. There are few in morocco as well, and immigration settlement offices in Canada can help as well. Better do it right first time, or regret rejection at the qualification level or even worse at the visa office stage.

wantmyman456

Jun 17, 2008
Happy Bird said:
You need to sit down and think clearly. Take it one document at time. If you rush, you'll regret it. No questions both you are confused, and this really does not help either of you. Chances are messed up paper work will surely result in rejection of application at the first place.

If you just knew each other recently, how come you rushed into marriage so fast? Immigration agents have questions authenticity of such marriages in many occasions.

As for language, applications are available in French too. So if his English is not good, he can fill out paperwork in French. Or obtain help from friends and relatives if he can't do it alone. All the forms and guide on how to fill the forms are available on the cic.gc.ca web site. But then immigration agent may question relationship where two can't communication in the same language adequately enough.

I suggest you retain an immigration consultant to fill out your paperwork. There are few in morocco as well, and immigration settlement offices in Canada can help as well. Better do it right first time, or regret rejection at the qualification level or even worse at the visa office stage.
Hmm, interesting...Well it seems we have known each other for a very very long time. And I wouldnt say just recently...It's been a year and more.

My mother and her husband met online 2 years ago i'm sure it was. She went to Morocco last year with my aunty in March, and she didnt like to be away from her love, so she went back with me and my sisters in October 2007. Her and I wanted me to meet someone there for a friend...so we searched online and blah blah blah...we got to know each other, met the families, blah blah, when we got to Morocco, we met each other and had great times...life changing times...you know. So I came back in March 2008 with my family. I was already proposed to by this time, so finally, I had the money to go back and I absolutely had to go back to marry him. So that is what I did.

So now, a month later....Still working on these papers. Yes, I will figure them out...I have my mom for that part. But both of us have never filled out these forms and for my part, my husband is so wonderful in english i think, but its just grammar. I am sure they wont have trouble understanding...I guess I will just ask for him to be corrected by someone. And, for my mom, her husband is not very good in English and doesnt understand very well, but inshae alah, i hope that it will be so good and easy faster. I just wish these darn questions will be done and over with.

I hope I can get my stuff together. thanks about the site....i've seen it a lot though...so that cant help me anymore. I am probably just worrying about this way too much. But I just hope everything is okay and good. We really miss each other...Thanks for all the help..

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Becca,

I hope you are doing well
I wanted to let you know that there were a few people that received calls for their Visa this week

There was one who's interview date was the 7th of April, another was the 27th of March, and a few ladies who received their Visa's quickly after the interview.

Your turn is approaching soon.

There was also a refusal, but just like the others , it came quickly after the interview, Within a few weeks.

Keep your spirits up.

Good luck to everyone.

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Thanks again Hoping75.  I don't know what I would do without your information keeping me going.  We are now on week 8 of waiting.

We are just keeping my fingers crossed.  My husband just ordered another police clearance as they are only valid for 6 months and the one we submitted last August is no longer valid.  We just don't want us to be held up to get another police clearance.  We really do not want to do another medical exam so we hope we get a call for the visa soon.

Thanks again.

Becca

sos_help

Jun 10, 2008
salam
well after read and read and sure read lol i really been fraustrated for some posts but happy for a lots , lots of ppl who have been here are now with thier partners of marriage and just few who haz been failed im so sorry for them and i really hope and wish them to get what they waiting for i pray for them to join thier loves i really feel how things going with them , im not on the board yet but im supposed to be on soon i know there is lots of running and steps to do with my futur wife here betwin casablanca and rabat , i got informed bout the marriage process on the net but cpecialy here in this great club i feel its like a big familly who has the same problems , thinking , n so.... and trying to help each other, so thanx to everyone , thanx friend hoping75 and thanx brother boras for the information on the phon and its honor for me to be with all of you on the same board
best wishes for all
radouan

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
sos_help said:
salam
well after read and read and sure read lol i really been fraustrated for some posts but happy for a lots , lots of ppl who have been here are now with thier partners of marriage and just few who haz been failed im so sorry for them and i really hope and wish them to get what they waiting for i pray for them to join thier loves i really feel how things going with them , im not on the board yet but im supposed to be on soon i know there is lots of running and steps to do with my futur wife here betwin casablanca and rabat , i got informed bout the marriage process on the net but cpecialy here in this great club i feel its like a big familly who has the same problems , thinking , n so.... and trying to help each other, so thanx to everyone , thanx friend hoping75 and thanx brother boras for the information on the phon and its honor for me to be with all of you on the same board
best wishes for all
radouan
You are very welcome

We are glad to have you join us

I wish you the very best with your Wedding

Happy Bird

Jan 7, 2008
Well the waiting finallly ends here.

Rabat called wife one day after interview. Picking up visa wednesday next week.

Rabat started processing Jan 2.
Call for interview June 9.
Interview June 16.

Hang in there everyone. It will all happen at some point. Best of luck to you all.

iqaluit

Jul 12, 2007
Iqaluit, Nunavut
Happybird congratulations, i'm happy to hear things went well... we are now week 4 to hear back from them about my husbands medical.... hopefully we will be hearing good news soon, seeing as how someone posted it took about 4 weeks to get medical back to rabat from paris, so i'm really hoping to hear soon, and everyone else i wish you the luck... hoping75 & becca i sure hope you hear something soon... take care

Ibtissam

Jun 19, 2008
Salam alaikum

First off, congratulations to all who have had thier interviews, and have recieved visas. I've been lurking in this forum every once and a while. I am currently sponsoring my husband from Morocco, our file began processing in Rabat in early March. (approved for sponsorship in Febuary)

I was hoping I could get some advice... I've seen everyones timelines and noticed the differences (for example happybird's wife got her visa ASAP (5 months) and poor Becca is still waiting - Becca I know another couple (not on this board) in the same situation as you. May God make things easy for you, and everyone hoping to reunite,  incha Allah.)

Right now I have a bit of an interesting situation, I am currently in Morocco visiting my husband, and I am pregnant (due december). The Doctor here told me I should not travel after 7 months - so I need to be out of here before September. Problem is that we are very worried about me living in Canada alone, and travelling, being 7 months pregnant with no one to help me! Hoping that my husband will get his visa before my flight leaves!

In our case we have not informed CIC about my pregnancy, do you think we should phone or email them, and inform them that I am here, and pregnant? Do you think it would speed things up at all, or just cause problems? I heard that perhaps if they know I am here they would request to interview both of us. Anyone heard of that happening? I even read one comment that with pregnancies, often they skip the interview altogether... is that true?

Also, when you have emailed the embassy, which address usually gives you a response?

Thank you so much everyone for all your help! Take care, May Allah(swt) give us all strength, patience and guidance!!

Salam alaikum wa ra7mato lillah!

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
I must say I don't know how there can be such a huge disparity in wait times post interview - 1 day versus 8 weeks.

The only thing I can say with almost certainty, is that moroccan women are processed at lightening speed, often overnight receiving their calls for Visa. I do not know that there is a mandate dictating that women are to receive preferential treatment, or what is going on. I just know that 8 weeks is excessive when other people are approved in one day. HappyBirds wife was processed 56 times faster than us so far. And there is no end in sight for our waiting. One can say every case is different. Yes it is. But my husband has never left the country, only lived at one address his entire life. He has always worked when he was not in university.

I would not bank on your husband being here before September. I am not banking on my husband being here before September. And quite frankly, I really think immigration does not care whether or not you are pregnant or how their timelines affect your life. Its sad, but it is true. In some countries they skip interviews, but not in Morocco. Maybe if youre a moroccan woman, but not if your husband is Moroccan.

I emailed the embassy three weeks ago without a response to date. They have the right to take up to 6 weeks before responding to you.

I am sorry I sound so bitter. But my experience with immigration is to expect nothing at all. They can do whatever they want whenever they want. And each visa office has their own rules and protocol.

Ibtissam

Jun 19, 2008
Wallah I don't blame you for being bitter at all Becca, I've read alot of your posts, and it certainly is unfair. Surely men and women should be processed the same way. I wonder if perhaps Canada has a certain number of men and women they will allow to immigrate, and if thats why there is a difference. And like I said, I know a person who is in the same position as you. Which email did you use, out of curiousity? Did you fill out the case specific enquiry form online?

Incha Allah he will get the phone call soon and you will be together!

Thank you for you reply, I really do hope things speed up for you!

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Ibtissam,

I used the case specific enquiry form. I thought that would be a better one to use than the generic one, however, I could be wrong.

I completely understand your plight. The reason my husband and I have not started seriously trying for a baby is because my husband wants to be with me every step of the way and I too, do not want to be doing it alone.

Take care,
Becca