+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
I had a question. So when they do finally get the Canadian visa stamp in their passport. Can they travel through Europe on a connecting flight without any issues because their passport is Moroccan? Wasn't sure how all that worked :oops:
So far as I know the Schengen countries you need a transit visa, and it costs money. I looked and to transit through Portugal, you don’t need one as long as you have a transfer ticket onwards and you stay in the international transit portion of the airport. There are flights from Kesh through Lisbon on TAP Portugal airlines. I can’t rmemeber offhand how much the transit visa for the Schengen countries(there are 26) is.

Bmwguy2019

Feb 28, 2019
Hi, if they ask for additional information how would I send additional photos, tickets, passport stamps, tickets, commuincations etc? Do I scan them and upload them online on their website?

Thanks

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hi, if they ask for additional information how would I send additional photos, tickets, passport stamps, tickets, commuincations etc? Do I scan them and upload them online on their website?

Thanks
I sent our additional info through the email listed on the request. They also requested a form that required a signature, and so that was physically mailed to the address in Rabat. A few others before have also emailed. They don’t send a confirmation tho, so the only way to know they’ve received it ig is if they don’t send you a letter saying you missed the deadline.

Adam1009

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Moi Jest envoyé par poste avec numéro suivi singateur.
Depuis mois avril qui en reçu documents supplémentaires, est silence radio :(

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
So far as I know the Schengen countries you need a transit visa, and it costs money. I looked and to transit through Portugal, you don’t need one as long as you have a transfer ticket onwards and you stay in the international transit portion of the airport. There are flights from Kesh through Lisbon on TAP Portugal airlines. I can’t rmemeber offhand how much the transit visa for the Schengen countries(there are 26) is.
Thank you for the info ;)

Reactions: laura.sbai00

Bmwguy2019

Feb 28, 2019
I sent our additional info through the email listed on the request. They also requested a form that required a signature, and so that was physically mailed to the address in Rabat. A few others before have also emailed. They don’t send a confirmation tho, so the only way to know they’ve received it ig is if they don’t send you a letter saying you missed the deadline.
Thank you for your response!

Reactions: laura.sbai00

Bmwguy2019

Feb 28, 2019
If I send that signed form portion via DHL, FEDEX etc then I would know if they recieved it right?

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
If I send that signed form portion via DHL, FEDEX etc then I would know if they recieved it right?
I’m not sure tbh. My husband mailed it from a post office in Kesh. I’m not sure if he got a tracking number or not. I don’t think he did. They requested an updated schedule A from us. And that form requires a physical signature. So we mailed it. Everything else , including the RPRF receipt i emailed. I did get a confirmation email from them saying they received the correspondence. But it was just a generic reply email stating they’d get back to me in 10 days if my request was outside of the info provided online. Which doesn’t apply. And all that means is that the email went to the inbox. I’m assuming if what I provided wasn’t sufficient they’ll contact us again.

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
I would not trust DHL to Morocco either way . We sent each other stuff and either never came or showed up 2 months later :eek: Highly recommend emailing them directly in Rabat.

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
I would not trust DHL to Morocco either way . We sent each other stuff and either never came or showed up 2 months later :eek: Highly recommend emailing them directly in Rabat.
I ended up having to go to Marrakech to get the one form signed by my husband because we spent 700 dirhams for the form to be sent to me and I never received it after a week! Was supposed to take only 72 hours through DHL. It was that one form that needs the original signature. Least I got to see him for a week :)