+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Mar 28, 2019
Hi yes they asked us for additional documents around the end of Jan we submitted them and we habent heard from
Them since :( very frustrating
Thank you,I was just wondering was it just our application that we didn't hear anything back from them, and did any of your eligibility, security or background check start yet, because nothing on ours started, thank you

Reactions: ginabrigi
Mar 28, 2019
Has your application been transferred to Rabat? And nothing since then? Do you have a line 2 on ur ECAS saying they started processing it?
Yes,we have line 2 on our ecas, and in February they asked for additional documents,but nothing since then, and they haven't even started security, background check, and we are still waiting for elgilbity to get passed,we sent in our application may,29/2018, and they haven't passed anything yet,only meds are passed

Reactions: laura.sbai00

ginabrigi

Oct 24, 2018
Thank you,I was just wondering was it just our application that we didn't hear anything back from them, and did any of your eligibility, security or background check start yet, because nothing on ours started, thank you
When they asked for additional documents they also requested police clearance but online it says everything is in process no idea what they doing :(

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Our background check and eligibility on GcKey were in process before it even left Sydney. No idea what that means if anything. Our file was transferred end of February. We haven’t gotten the additional docs request yet. Seems from most ppl on here that it’s silence until the day before their one year and they got their DM. SO Who knows what they’re doing ‍♀

Mar 28, 2019
When they asked for additional documents they also requested police clearance but online it says everything is in process no idea what they doing :(
Thank you for the information,they only requested additional documents from us, nothing else, and I thought myself they should request at least the police clearance, because our application is 11 months, and nothing,I'm so worried about what is going on over there with our application

Mar 28, 2019
Our background check and eligibility on GcKey were in process before it even left Sydney. No idea what that means if anything. Our file was transferred end of February. We haven’t gotten the additional docs request yet. Seems from most ppl on here that it’s silence until the day before their one year and they got their DM. SO Who knows what they’re doing ‍♀
Honestly it's a guessing game with them,I didn't receive any news from Rabat until February, and we still don't know anything,only just waiting

Essakhel

Apr 11, 2019
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
rabat
App. Filed.......
10-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-02-2019
File Transfer...
10-04-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2109
Med's Done....
04-3-2019
Hi everyone
They received my wife application on December 10 end of February they confirmed to me on 26th of February they asked for fingerprint and medical on 10th of April they transferred to Rabat after that no news just an email from embassy send to my wife says don't contact us a lot we will not respond you I am waiting tell end of this month if they dont answer I will call the immigration minister. Happy Ramadan to everyone

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Hi everyone
They received my wife application on December 10 end of February they confirmed to me on 26th of February they asked for fingerprint and medical on 10th of April they transferred to Rabat after that no news just an email from embassy send to my wife says don't contact us a lot we will not respond you I am waiting tell end of this month if they dont answer I will call the immigration minister. Happy Ramadan to everyone
Good morning,

Be patient and be prepared to wait. My husband did his medical on Jan 10 . Our file was transferred to Rabat in Dec 24, 2018. We have heard nothing since. We applied on Aug 22 2018. They are making decisions at 12 months just like the government website states.

I contacted my local MP that worked for immigration for 20 years. He told me to call him back end of June if we haven't been contacted.

It's honestly a waiting game. I've come to peace with that. It's hard on all of us. But honestly they look at the applications in chronological order. And I know there is a handful of us waiting too.

Happy Ramadan!

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hi everyone
Almost everyone who applied last year(2018) has waited until the very last day of the 12 months or even longer for their DM. No amount of contact with immigration reps, lawyers or even MPs has helped. As long as the app is within the 12 months no one will do anything. About 10 days after DM is granted the request is sent to go to Rabat to get their passport. Some include an interview at this time but the trend lately hasn’t.
From what I can see, most ppl were asked for additional documents around the 7-8 month mark. So be prepared to send additional photos, passport stamps, and ticket stubs from visits, as well as ongoing communications since the app was submitted. They most likely will ask for additional photos from any henna/wedding ceremonies. Make sure it’s showing any and all family members with you and ones from Canada, as well as any gifts and the food served.
So unfort it’s a long wait from the 5 month mark till the end. Be prepared with ur additional docs and just be patient. We’re all in the same boat.
Ramadan Kareem

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Thank you for the information,they only requested additional documents from us, nothing else, and I thought myself they should request at least the police clearance, because our application is 11 months, and nothing,I'm so worried about what is going on over there with our application
No news is good news as the old saying goes :) Did you submit a police check with the application? I was told that the medical and the police check are valid for a year unless they have a valid reason to question otherwise. All the best.

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
No news is good news as the old saying goes :) Did you submit a police check with the application? I was told that the medical and the police check are valid for a year unless they have a valid reason to question otherwise. All the best.
Moroccan police clearance or fiche anthropométrique as they requested, as with most official papers in Morocco, is valid for 3 months only. Medicals are good for 1 year from the date completed. Some immigration officers request an updated clearance and some do not. Not sure why this is.

hio

Oct 6, 2016
Almost everyone who applied last year(2018) has waited until the very last day of the 12 months or even longer for their DM. No amount of contact with immigration reps, lawyers or even MPs has helped. As long as the app is within the 12 months no one will do anything. About 10 days after DM is granted the request is sent to go to Rabat to get their passport. Some include an interview at this time but the trend lately hasn’t.
From what I can see, most ppl were asked for additional documents around the 7-8 month mark. So be prepared to send additional photos, passport stamps, and ticket stubs from visits, as well as ongoing communications since the app was submitted. They most likely will ask for additional photos from any henna/wedding ceremonies. Make sure it’s showing any and all family members with you and ones from Canada, as well as any gifts and the food served.
So unfort it’s a long wait from the 5 month mark till the end. Be prepared with ur additional docs and just be patient. We’re all in the same boat.
Ramadan Kareem

Thanks for the explanation, this will help me to be prepared, Ramadan Kareem and good luck for evreyone!