VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Reactions: Angeldust

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Thanks for providing this link, I'm sure I will be using it very soon.
OMG - this process of dealing with CIC, ATIP is so demeaning. I emailed a complaint letter to ATIP yesterday morning telling them that I was lodging a complaint with Canada's Information Commissioner, and I didn't know why they couldn't treat everyone with respect and let them know what was going on with their GCMS requests. This morning I received a reply back - they finally answered one of my emails - and this is what it said

ATIP / AIPRP (IRCC)
1:30 PM (4 hours ago)

to me

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting the Access to Information and Privacy Office.

You are entitled to submit a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC) regarding the processing of your request within 60 days of the issuance of this letter. For additional information on how to submit a complaint, visit the OIC website at www.oic-ci.gc.ca.

To learn more about our Access to Information and Privacy, please visit us at the following: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/index.asp

Regards,
Client Service Representative | Représentant du service à la clientèle.
Access to Information and Privacy | Accès à l’information et protection des renseignements personnels
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

No explanation about why they ignored my other emails or why they didn't complete my request. No apology whatsoever about stringing me along for 5 months leading me to believe they were working on my request. No link to apply for my GCMS notes again. They already knew I had the complaint form link - was this just to tell me they don't care. Unbelievable, how disrespectful they are to some people.

Reactions: maha89 and allyh

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
OMG - this process of dealing with CIC, ATIP is so demeaning. I emailed a complaint letter to ATIP yesterday morning telling them that I was lodging a complaint with Canada's Information Commissioner, and I didn't know why they couldn't treat everyone with respect and let them know what was going on with their GCMS requests. This morning I received a reply back - they finally answered one of my emails - and this is what it said

ATIP / AIPRP (IRCC)
1:30 PM (4 hours ago)

to me

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting the Access to Information and Privacy Office.

You are entitled to submit a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC) regarding the processing of your request within 60 days of the issuance of this letter. For additional information on how to submit a complaint, visit the OIC website at www.oic-ci.gc.ca.

To learn more about our Access to Information and Privacy, please visit us at the following: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/index.asp

Regards,
Client Service Representative | Représentant du service à la clientèle.
Access to Information and Privacy | Accès à l’information et protection des renseignements personnels
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

No explanation about why they ignored my other emails or why they didn't complete my request. No apology whatsoever about stringing me along for 5 months leading me to believe they were working on my request. No link to apply for my GCMS notes again. They already knew I had the complaint form link - was this just to tell me they don't care. Unbelievable, how disrespectful they are to some people.
This sounds like a generic email they sent to you, thinking maybe you will keep quiet if you received some sort of response. Is it possible to reply to the email that was sent to you? The reason why I ask is because some of these emails will say "DO NOT REPLY" and if you do reply it goes into their trash folder. If you can reply I would suggest replying and asking to speak to either their team lead or someone who can actually help you with your complaint. I know they are government workers and have a relaxed working environment but this type of service is ridiculous.

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
This sounds like a generic email they sent to you, thinking maybe you will keep quiet if you received some sort of response. Is it possible to reply to the email that was sent to you? The reason why I ask is because some of these emails will say "DO NOT REPLY" and if you do reply it goes into their trash folder. If you can reply I would suggest replying and asking to speak to either their team lead or someone who can actually help you with your complaint. I know they are government workers and have a relaxed working environment but this type of service is ridiculous.
The email doesn't say DO NOT REPLY, but I am pretty sure even if I did they would NOT REPLY. I told them I had a copy of all of the automatically generated emails from their office (saying my email was received by the ATIP office) - so I can prove they received all of my emails. I think they just sent it to cover their lazy butts because they are required to give me that information. I included the list below in my email to them, it's number 3.

Principles for assisting applicants

In processing your access request under the ATIA, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will:

1. Process your request without regard to your identity.
  2. Offer reasonable assistance throughout the request process.
  3. Provide information on the Access to Information Act, including information on the processing of your request and your right to complain to the Information Commissioner of Canada.
  4. Inform you as appropriate and without undue delay when your request needs to be clarified.
  5. Make every reasonable effort to locate and retrieve the requested records under the control of the government institution.
  6. Apply limited and specific exemptions to the requested records.
  7. Provide accurate and complete responses.
  8. Provide timely access to the requested information.
  9. Provide records in the format and official language requested, as appropriate.
  10. Provide an appropriate location within the government institution to examine the requested information.
I already complained to the OIC anyways - not feeling too confident at this point that her office will not treat me the same way - but I have the link to complain on the OIC too.

Complaints against the Office of the Information Commissioner
The Office of the Information Commissioner (OIC) is subject to the Access to Information Act but does not investigate complaints against itself.

If your complaint is about the OIC’s processing of your request, submit it to the Information Commissioner, Ad Hoc by mail to the following address:

Office of the Information Commissioner, Ad Hoc
P.O. Box 55036
240 Sparks Street
Ottawa ON K1P 1A1

Lesson to be learned - don't think people will treat you fairly just because it's their job, and you think they have no reason not too - assume if you don't hear from them - they are intentionally ignoring you. COMPLAIN RIGHT AWAY.

Michelle17

Jul 19, 2017
The email doesn't say DO NOT REPLY, but I am pretty sure even if I did they would NOT REPLY. I told them I had a copy of all of the automatically generated emails from their office (saying my email was received by the ATIP office) - so I can prove they received all of my emails. I think they just sent it to cover their lazy butts because they are required to give me that information. I included the list below in my email to them, it's number 3.

Principles for assisting applicants

In processing your access request under the ATIA, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will:

1. Process your request without regard to your identity.
  2. Offer reasonable assistance throughout the request process.
  3. Provide information on the Access to Information Act, including information on the processing of your request and your right to complain to the Information Commissioner of Canada.
  4. Inform you as appropriate and without undue delay when your request needs to be clarified.
  5. Make every reasonable effort to locate and retrieve the requested records under the control of the government institution.
  6. Apply limited and specific exemptions to the requested records.
  7. Provide accurate and complete responses.
  8. Provide timely access to the requested information.
  9. Provide records in the format and official language requested, as appropriate.
  10. Provide an appropriate location within the government institution to examine the requested information.
I already complained to the OIC anyways - not feeling too confident at this point that her office will not treat me the same way - but I have the link to complain on the OIC too.

Complaints against the Office of the Information Commissioner
The Office of the Information Commissioner (OIC) is subject to the Access to Information Act but does not investigate complaints against itself.

If your complaint is about the OIC’s processing of your request, submit it to the Information Commissioner, Ad Hoc by mail to the following address:

Office of the Information Commissioner, Ad Hoc
P.O. Box 55036
240 Sparks Street
Ottawa ON K1P 1A1

Lesson to be learned - don't think people will treat you fairly just because it's their job, and you think they have no reason not too - assume if you don't hear from them - they are intentionally ignoring you. COMPLAIN RIGHT AWAY.
Wow - they are some nasty - they didn't even put your name on the form letter. Looks like the ATIP office is full of employees on power trips.

Ashleyxxx

Jun 5, 2018
Hi friends, baka po may makatulong nakareceive na po kami ng appendix b with passport photo pero wala pong naka indicate kung saan isesend.

Galahad

Feb 5, 2018

They don't sound like they are afraid of getting in too much trouble - sounds like people must have to complain on them a lot. Do you think maybe they could have lost your request, or if maybe they delete them after so many months. It is really strange they won't tell you why they can't complete your request.

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
I asked them in the email yesterday if they lost my information, or if there was any other reason they couldn't complete my request, but all they sent me was the form letter above with the information to complain on them, which I already had. From what I have heard, it really doesn't say anything in the notes unless you have had an interview anyway. It is the principle of the thing at this point - they shouldn't treat people that way! My MP said I am doing the right thing by complaining to the OIC, and it should hopefully get things moving with my ATIP request. He said if I had anymore problems not to hesitate to contact him.

Reactions: allyh and Galahad

Galahad

Feb 5, 2018
I asked them in the email yesterday if they lost my information, or if there was any other reason they couldn't complete my request, but all they sent me was the form letter above with the information to complain on them, which I already had. From what I have heard, it really doesn't say anything in the notes unless you have had an interview anyway. It is the principle of the thing at this point - they shouldn't treat people that way! My MP said I am doing the right thing by complaining to the OIC, and it should hopefully get things moving with my ATIP request. He said if I had anymore problems not to hesitate to contact him.
I would be suspicious it had something to do with your visa office being Rabat, but I read that to get the GCMS notes the ATIP office just tracks the information on the GCMS system, and the visa office doesn't really have anything to do with it. Rabat could see you applied for them if they looked up your file, but they are not supposed to have anything to do with generating them. Not 100% sure this is true, I just read it on here in one of the GCMS threads.

Angeldust

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
I would be suspicious it had something to do with your visa office being Rabat, but I read that to get the GCMS notes the ATIP office just tracks the information on the GCMS system, and the visa office doesn't really have anything to do with it. Rabat could see you applied for them if they looked up your file, but they are not supposed to have anything to do with generating them. Not 100% sure this is true, I just read it on here in one of the GCMS threads.
I don't know if Rabat being the visa office has anything to do with it or not, it may just be the ATIP office in Ottawa. One person on the GCMS forum said their email from ATIP said that the reason there was a delay in their request was because they were having trouble getting the information from the visa office to complete it. Another person said that ATIP emailed them saying their request was delayed because of a problem with communication with the visa office. Maybe they meant the GCMS system was down, but I thought they meant they were actually getting the information from the visa office.

Reactions: allyh

CarrieK

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Yeah, I see 6 more on the chart that were approved in 7 months. Some people on Facebook were saying the reason some people are getting through so fast is because they have training for jobs that Canada needs/wants. Don't know if it is true or not - they may just be lucky!
Honestly, I doubt it our government, Canada, is organized to cross reference skills and employability in the Provinces with PPR sponsorship

Michelle17

Jul 19, 2017
I didn't complain when they didn't send mine because I figured there wouldn't be anything much in it anyways. I am regretting it after reading some of the posts on the GCMS thread. Some people found in their notes that it said some of the documents they submitted were not received - they wouldn't have known if they didn't order their notes, because CIC doesn't update you that your information was received.

Michelle17

Jul 19, 2017
I read that too but it is really strange that they won't even answer Angeldust's emails. Other people on GCMS thread said they answered their emails - even gave them time frame of when they would receive them. One person said they complained and 2 hours later they were emailed their notes. I didn't see anyone else apply for them on there from Rabat. They didn't send me mine - maybe a coincidence or maybe not.

Galahad

Feb 5, 2018
I read that too but it is really strange that they won't even answer Angeldust's emails. Other people on GCMS thread said they answered their emails - even gave them time frame of when they would receive them. One person said they complained and 2 hours later they were emailed their notes. I didn't see anyone else apply for them on there from Rabat. They didn't send me mine - maybe a coincidence or maybe not.
That is why I said I would be suspicious it had something to do with Rabat. If GCMS notes are not just done through ATIP tracking the notes in the GCMS system - maybe the visa officers are saying they are overworked and don't have for GCMS requests, so ATIP was told not to process requests from there. It does look like they are not keeping up with their workload - Maha89 has been waiting about 14 months.

It is also very suspicious that Angeldust told them she was going to complain on them and they still didn't give her any information. It doesn't look like they think they will get in any trouble over it.

If it is just ATIP doing it - I have no idea why they would be so rude and unprofessional.

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
I don't know if Rabat being the visa office has anything to do with it or not, it may just be the ATIP office in Ottawa. One person on the GCMS forum said their email from ATIP said that the reason there was a delay in their request was because they were having trouble getting the information from the visa office to complete it. Another person said that ATIP emailed them saying their request was delayed because of a problem with communication with the visa office. Maybe they meant the GCMS system was down, but I thought they meant they were actually getting the information from the visa office.
Please keep us posted on what happens with the ATIP. For me it, is very early as they only sent my file to Rabat in May but I will be requesting notes in about 2 weeks to see what has been done so far.