+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
ok so the number for Canadian embassy in Egypt is 0227918700 also you can ask yourself by using this email. iman.sabry@international.gc.ca

I emailed her before and got an answer quit fast. :0 She works at the Canadian embassy there. You can ask your husband to call but honestly i found when u speak arabic you don't get as good service if you just speak english :) so email and ask him to call too and compare notes.

You can get married in a mosque. This is a legal marriage in Egypt. But then it has to be regisetered with teh department of justice and get a marriage certificate.

You welcome! :) It is good that you like to plan everything ahead of time. I will try to log here everyday but it is hard sometimes with a newborn baby! :)

poetresse

Mar 7, 2008
Fairouzm,
thanks as always, for coming thru :)
plans for the wedding are coming along smoothly.
all the best to you and the baby

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
good luck poetresse & plz keep us updated with yr situ. :))

im really worried , it's abt 80 days now since my wife got approved as a sponsor & still nothing heard from the cairo office :(((
i sent them an email 10 days ago & still no reply :(

i dunno wat to do!!!!!!

EgyptianEagle

Mar 3, 2008
mnassar said:
good luck poetresse & plz keep us updated with yr situ. :))

im really worried , it's abt 80 days now since my wife got approved as a sponsor & still nothing heard from the cairo office :(((
i sent them an email 10 days ago & still no reply :(

i dunno wat to do!!!!!!
be faithfull in allah inshallah khier :)

poetresse

Mar 7, 2008
mnassar, thank you and be patient, God Willing...everything will work out. I will pray for you.

I have some questions.....

1-for all the paperwork being done in egypt for the wedding and immigration...is it best to have everything translated at the same time, is it possible, or do we have to go in different times to do this? I noticed that most of it we can have translated at Happy International in Lazoughli, just wondering if that is possible. Or maybe some can be done at the same time? If so, which ones?

2-when i arrive there, do i need to have my passport and any other documents translated to arabic before we get married? And if so, where would i be able to get that done?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
poetresse said:
mnassar, thank you and be patient, God Willing...everything will work out. I will pray for you.

I have some questions.....

1-for all the paperwork being done in egypt for the wedding and immigration...is it best to have everything translated at the same time, is it possible, or do we have to go in different times to do this? I noticed that most of it we can have translated at Happy International in Lazoughli, just wondering if that is possible. Or maybe some can be done at the same time? If so, which ones?

I think u can translate everything at the same time if you got everything with you

2-when i arrive there, do i need to have my passport and any other documents translated to arabic before we get married? And if so, where would i be able to get that done?

You don't have to translate anything to get married

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, Can i drop off supporting documents to the embassy (i think they have a box or something) or do i have to wait till Thursday??

THANKS GUYS

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
AL hamdolellah
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyy they updated my ecas in process
they started proccessing my appl. June 23 , THANK ALLAH

& i sent them an email & they replied with my file # , so finally i ve a file # al 7amdolellah

but as 007 said , how should i send them the supporting docs , in the mail the replied they said that it's up to the applicant to send them by mail (courier) or drop them in the box but they didnt mention a certain day.

wat did u do fairouz?????

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
they sent me the file number via email , should i send them my docs according to this file number or i just have to wait till i receive the AOR letter?

it's almost 3 weeks now since they started proccessing in egypt & still didnt get the AOR (another delay lol)

so wat do u think ?

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
I've been in process for 2 months and never received an AOR, i guess the e-mail was it.. maybe ur the same mnassar.. Yeah u should send it write away, I'm going to embassy tomorrow to submit documents

Good luck

EgyptianEagle

Mar 3, 2008
hey my friends i don't know if i carry agood news for you or not i went today to prof.sabry ghaly to make my medical exam and i talked to him like for 30 min and he was so helpful we talked alot about canada conditons and thier laws and he told me new words i never heard it before he told me my apendix D will go to london and once they found i have no problem in health i can optain pr visa and i dont need to wait long time for proccesing my immegration he said like in 6 weeks i can get my pr visa and no body can forbid me to get it and he adviced me don't listen to egyptian officers who work in canadain embassy and he told me keep up to date with me and i was confusing i asked him so many times is that real he said its intronational laws and he gave me paper and asked me to send it to my wife by dhl to to send it to cic so can u fairouz call the cic and know if that is real or not im so confusing

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
thnx egypt007 & good luck

EgyptianEagle:

I dont no, this sound weried !! as i know there is more than 1 step to get yr PR & the medical is one of them , wat abt the background & security checks & stuff ?
may b he said that caz it's the last step so if u passed the medical u ll get yr visa.
i dont no, it's confusing...
anyway guys if any1 knows anything plz let us know & good luck 4 every1 :)))

EgyptianEagle
would u plz write down yr time line ?