+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Well,

They told me to transilate them. So we already did in a place called happy international business center. If you need the address I will give it to u. and then u have to take it back to sigil madni so they can stamp it and finally take all the papers u have to the foreign affairs so they can legalize the transilations.

Well, in case of anything happens (appeal which is done in Canada) it needs to be either in English or French. It is the Canadian Embassy and they only deal with these two languages even if the workers are local.

Fairouz

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
Hey fairouzm,

Yeah, can you give us the address of happy land lol sounds like theme park... hahaha

Thanks!

Help Me

Mar 26, 2008
Hi,

I'm sponsoring my spouse, but im still filling out my applications and preparing all the documents. I printed out the application and im going to fill out a rough draft first and then proof read it and get some help with it to make sure we didnt answer any questions in a misleading way. I have a cousin who sponsered her husband, also Egyptian who was approved and the whole process took about 5 months and then he was off to Canada. So i am trying to use her as a guide, so things can get done fast.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Cool Help me! :)

There is a program called foxit helps u fill the pdf online. It lets u save ur form and work on it later.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

EgyptianEagle

Mar 3, 2008
he mansar,egypt007 and help me i got married recently in egypt and my name is melissa i have an idea can u guys meet me at any cafe u like it so we can fill out our form together and share our experience together.

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hi Guys,

I also would like some guidance. I am also sponsoring my husband, Egyptian of course. But, i am travelling to Canada to apply from there, i heard it would be less of a hassel. I'm in Egypt now, but im leaving very soon. I am also currently not finished filling out the application, and i like the idea of helping eachother fill out some question. That sounds great. Has anyone already filled all the applications and mailed them in.? And, if anyone has any other experiences to share, it would be great. By the way, my way of getting all the documents done is sending my driver, except for the things we personally had to do. It was very easy to do. I still have somethings left to do, as i discovered from reading all the post/replies but i usually send him to certify or translate things. Can someone send a list of all the documents that have to prepared from Egypt, so i can review and make sure all the documents i prepared are correct and that there isnt something missing? Thanks in advance.

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
Can you guys meet in Maadi???!!

Hey nessy.. Most of the documents you need is already written on the first page of this fourm... fairouzm wrote it... but I'll paste it here again...

fairouzm

Re: Married an Egyptian - Need help
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 01:54:46 am » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Nessy,

My husband is from Cairo as well. First did you see the papers and what they require. It is a lot of work and alot of hastle. It took us months to get papers from Cairo.

So here is what you will need

Egyptian Marriage certificate.. you can get this from the sigil madni.. if you have one already go to the justice ministry in lazoougly or sa'd zaghlool street and don't let anybody to mislead u coz they did that with us. Transilate it and then authurize it with the transilation from the foriegn affairs embassy.

qaaid aeli, which is a family compisition record. in order to get that, you will need the egyptian marriage certificate. So again don't let anybody misleaad you as it doesn't show nathionality so it is stright forward and u can get it in a day but ours took a month and a half because of the lady who works there. You have to transilate this one from a place they will tell u at the sigial madni and then take it back to them to stamp it then then you have to take it to the foreign affairs to authunticate it.

Birth certificate of ur husband has to be transilated at the health ministry in sa'd zaglool as well and then authonticate at teh foreign affairs ministry.

As for his identification card. It has to say that he is married before you can get qaid aeli or anything so make sure his raqam qawmi card has that. and then get it transilated... we are still trying to find how to do that...

police certificate doesn't have to be transilated it.. just submit them like that.

submit lots of proof... of living together.. anything u think is useless may not be to them...

You have to proof that you would settle with your husband in Canada once he gets his PR. So you can get a letter from a university saying that you are accepted. if you have atteneded university before... all you have to do is to get a reactivation and get a letter from them to say that you are elliagable to study and admited. this will be enough. Or a job offer,

also, it is better to explain in ur letter that you are able to support him ie that you are well off and you will not need

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
:)

I already passed my papers and got approved for the first step.

Don't forget the military record :) Important in Egypt!

We were originally going to apply through abu-dhabi's office. Easier requirments. However, delays from the Egyptian embassy for 5 months to get the fish w tashiah and we didn't get it.

Sorry guys, I can't meet :) I am pregnant in my 8th month and can't walk or even stand for 10 mintues without major pains. I am also taking distance courses and have a major term paper coming up :) but anybody that need help, I will help them with all the knowledge I have.

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
hay guys,
i sent my papers to CIC last week & supposed to reach the CIC office at 28th of march
which is yesterday.
& 4sure there will be no action for my papers atleast for the coming couple of days caz this is their day off (Sat & sun)
the problem is that i discovered many mistakes in the docs & appl. i sent which may lead to refusal (90%)
So is there any way to withdraw the applications b4 they start processing it and refuse it.
caz appealing is really really a big hassle.

So plz can any1 tell me how to withdraw my appl.??