+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP PROCESSING TIME 2021

iaredi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
We applied for a SOWP on January 9th, received the application confirmation until February 7th, and since then, we haven't had any news.
We wrote to IRCC through the web form, and they answered on March 4th saying the following:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Still waiting for a resolution. I honestly want my money back. We also applied for an IRCC Written Authorization in March, but no news so far.

Reactions: RumezaJ

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
Did you apply SOWP with SP .?
I heard that they are not giving priority for SOWPs now

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
We applied for a SOWP on January 9th, received the application confirmation until February 7th, and since then, we haven't had any news.
We wrote to IRCC through the web form, and they answered on March 4th saying the following:

Still waiting for a resolution. I honestly want my money back. We also applied for an IRCC Written Authorization in March, but no news so far.
Is Written authorization applied separately ? If so how do i do it? Do all spouses need it ?

iaredi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Is Written authorization applied separately ? If so how do i do it? Do all spouses need it ?
Did you apply SOWP with SP .?
I heard that they are not giving priority for SOWPs now
No. We decided to ask first for my SP and then for my husband's SOWP in a separate application since we god rejected in 2019 when we applied together. Regarding SOWP, IRCC is not processing SOWP unless you have a JO in the agriculture or health area. That is why we wanted to ask for a written authorization to reunite the family, but they don't answer either. T.T.

I found this at www.canada.ca, and is not clear to me whether we need the written authorization or not:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ecCyyprE1BcnUMsQZsdr1LqsxMnH_7_A/view?usp=sharing

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
No. We decided to ask first for my SP and then for my husband's SOWP in a separate application since we god rejected in 2019 when we applied together. Regarding SOWP, IRCC is not processing SOWP unless you have a JO in the agriculture or health area. That is why we wanted to ask for a written authorization to reunite the family, but they don't answer either. T.T.

I found this at www.canada.ca, and is not clear to me whether we need the written authorization or not:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ecCyyprE1BcnUMsQZsdr1LqsxMnH_7_A/view?usp=sharing
What about international student spouses ? I have seen a few approvals this year

Last edited:

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
yes, written authorization is a separate application, you can request it from here:

I am not sure. We are waiting for our approval, but seems is not going to happen.
Yes i requested one for my spouse. Why do you think it won’t happen ? If it was to refuse it would’ve have came. I think you should wait for them to give you the final decision

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
I got PPR SOWP for my wife but not for my kids 1 apply for Visitor Visa age 2 year and other Studeny permit age 11 Age. I apply along with my wife. File dependent children I won’t understand why only request for my wife only
Did u send any webform? if yes then how many?

iaredi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hello guys, I just wanted to update the status of my case. My husband's written authorization was accepted!!!, I am at the Toronto airport right now waiting for my flight to México. ¡¡I am going for my husband!! (just because I wanted to, not because is needed, he could have traveled alone). As a reminder of our situation, we asked for the written authorization in March but hadn't had any response until the last week. Apparently, our application was "lost" somewhere in the IRCC system and it wasn't being processed. I had to contact IRCC to ask them for a response and a personalized review of the case. The IRCC officer added a note on our case and BAM!, three days later we got the authorization. I am so so so so happy!!!.
Finally, my husband can come and live with me. We are flying back to Canada on August 8th; I'll let you know how it went at the border.

My best wishes to all of you!.

manpreet2810

Aug 4, 2021
Hi,

Category - SOWP
File Lodged - 4th April 2021
Biometrics - 8th April 2021
Medical - Request not received yet
Still Processing........

Any idea how long will it take?? Applied from India.

Thanks