+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP PROCESSING TIME 2021

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hi I have a doubt on SOWP.. My husband is a software engineer.That is , Noc A.. In the questionnaire for SOWP, a question is there.

Do you plan to work in any of the following categories?

Athletes
Coaches
Highly Skilled Workers and Researchers(Global Skill Strategy)

My question is Can I give yes for this question as he is a highly skilled worker of Noc A. But, when I clicked the global skill strategy it is mentioned that It is short term work permit of 15 days. I am quite confused..some one please help

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi I have a doubt on SOWP.. My husband is a software engineer.That is , Noc A.. In the questionnaire for SOWP, a question is there.

Do you plan to work in any of the following categories?

Athletes
Coaches
Highly Skilled Workers and Researchers(Global Skill Strategy)

My question is Can I give yes for this question as he is a highly skilled worker of Noc A. But, when I clicked the global skill strategy it is mentioned that It is short term work permit of 15 days. I am quite confused..some one please help
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/global-skills-strategy/exemptions.html

Highly skilled workers
These workers must meet both of these requirements:

• Their job is under skill type 0 (executive, managerial) or skill level A (professional) in the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
  • They will work only for one of the following short periods of time:
    • up to 15 consecutive days once every 6 months
    • up to 30 consecutive days once every 12 months
Researchers

• They will perform research at a Canadian, publicly funded, degree-granting institution or its affiliated research institution.
  • They will work for 1 period of 120 days in Canada once every 12 months.
Short answer is NO.

Reactions: Annamusam

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/global-skills-strategy/exemptions.html

Highly skilled workers

• Their job is under skill type 0 (executive, managerial) or skill level A (professional) in the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
  • They will work only for one of the following short periods of time:
    • up to 15 consecutive days once every 6 months
    • up to 30 consecutive days once every 12 months
Researchers

• They will perform research at a Canadian, publicly funded, degree-granting institution or its affiliated research institution.
  • They will work for 1 period of 120 days in Canada once every 12 months.
Short answer is NO.
Thank you

Reactions: rogelcorral

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hi,

My husband who is about to apply for SOWP had a passport with his ex-spouse name and he changed the passport when he divorced. When we married, he again changed the passport. In all these passports, he never travelled or donot have any stamps. So when he upload new passport, does he should upload the old passports as well? some one please reply

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
Hi Yenice,
I hope are you are doing well and must be getting ready to fly to Canada or already in Canada.

I have a quick question. Please advise if your visa says issued from "Abu Dhabi" or Philippines because I remember you have applied from Philippines.

One more question, did you file your SOWP from Dubai/UAE or that also you select Philippines because I have seen your mentioned the medical for SWOP.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you
Hi! So sorry for the late response. Manila is indicated on the visa although it was stamped in UAE. For OWP, it was applied/lodged also in Manila however, medical was requested hence, done it in UAE.

Nadeemcadxb

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi! So sorry for the late response. Manila is indicated on the visa although it was stamped in UAE. For OWP, it was applied/lodged also in Manila however, medical was requested hence, done it in UAE.
Hi Yenice, Many thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Need your help on application how to put the information about home country and current country of residence.

There are three areas where you have to chose the country, Can you please help on below.

1. What is your current country/territory of Residence (This one comes while filling out the online application)

Then other two questions from IMM1294e form

2. Current Country or Territory of Residence

3. Country of Territory where applying

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hi, I have submitted the SOWP application two days back and I recieved BIL yesterday..Today I got a mail that "we have updated your application status". But, there is no change in the application when i checked the account. What does that mean?