+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP PROCESSING TIME 2021

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hi @Annamusam, This is a good Info, the email ID looks very lengthly, is that the correct email ID. I am in Canada in a closed WP and my spouse/kids are in India. I am waiting for their application to be processed. Did you meant emailing to this ID will help expedite their application processing ?
I am not sure..People in this thread were discussing the same.

Subin88s

Dec 26, 2019
NOC Code......
@RanjeetSingh16 Below are the details FYR

If you are exempt from the travel restrictions, you will need authorization in writing from our office to be presented to the airline. For externally-organized or repatriation flights, please also check with the airline.

To request this letter, please write toIRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to tell us

· you’re exempt from the travel restrictions

· you need to travel for an essential purpose

· you have an application in process

· how you applied for your visa—online or by paper

When emailing us, make sure you give us the following information:

· your application number

· your unique client identifier (UCI) number

· where you live now (current country of residence)

· how you meet one of the exemption criteria

· evidence that you meet this exemption (provide proof as an attachment in your email)

o For example, if you qualify as an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident, you can provide one of the following:

§ a letter of support from your family member

§ your birth certificate

§ your marriage licence

§ a letter from your spouse, partner or parent

· why you need to travel to Canada for an essential purpose

· although it’s not recommended that you book travel before you get your visa, if you’ve booked travel, provide your travel itinerary, including your

o flight number

o departing time and location

o arrival time and location

Obtaining authorization to travel does not exempt you from the requirement to have a valid passport and visa. If you are from a visa exempt country, you will require an eTA. The final determinations to allow a traveller to board an aircraft is made by the airline, often in consultation with the Canada Border Services Agency. Everyone is subject to examination when entering Canada and a traveller may be deny entry if they are not exempt from the travel restrictions or if they do not meet requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Please refer our webpage : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html
I did this 4months back but IRCC replied me only those who with valid visa can apply for travel exemption so an applicant like me is not eligible for this service

MunnaIndia

Sep 22, 2020
Hello guys, I just wanted to update the status of my case. My husband's written authorization was accepted!!!, I am at the Toronto airport right now waiting for my flight to México. ¡¡I am going for my husband!! (just because I wanted to, not because is needed, he could have traveled alone). As a reminder of our situation, we asked for the written authorization in March but hadn't had any response until the last week. Apparently, our application was "lost" somewhere in the IRCC system and it wasn't being processed. I had to contact IRCC to ask them for a response and a personalized review of the case. The IRCC officer added a note on our case and BAM!, three days later we got the authorization. I am so so so so happy!!!.
Finally, my husband can come and live with me. We are flying back to Canada on August 8th; I'll let you know how it went at the border.

My best wishes to all of you!.
Hi

Can you help me with time frame and how to send authorization request? I applied for my wife and 8 months baby.

Reactions: RumezaJ

Agni Sharma

Star Member
May 19, 2021
In my case Medical Passes on Oct 01, 2021.
Does anyone know how long they still can take to Request PPR after Medical Passed ?

Applied on March 18, 2021

Reactions: Jhanavi

gagansekhon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Got my PPR today!
Hi
Applied : 24 dec 20
Biometric: 4 jan 21
Had done pre medical
Medical approved : 28 jan 21
Request for PCC generated : 28 jan 21
PPR received: 26 feb 2021
Hii Mahir
I have received PPR for my work permit.
Can you please help me on how to send passport via courier to Sydney VAC as Melbourne VAC is currently closed.

IndianIT

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Freinds, please check my timelines in my signature. SOWP is pending since almost 5 months. Anyone with similar situation? When can we expect SOWP, I have also applied visit visa for my kids in the same application.

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
Been waiting since May 2020, have pre medical done and uploaded in june 2021, after multiple web forms they requested my payment for biometrics on August 31, 2021, payed and submitted receipt the same day. No reply since then:mad:

It has been almost 17months... VO Mexico

• Sad
Reactions: RumezaJ

IndianIT

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Sad.. I too raised webform couple of times, no response at all. Anyone else has received SOWP in the recent times?

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Been waiting since May 2020, have pre medical done and uploaded in june 2021, after multiple web forms they requested my payment for biometrics on August 31, 2021, payed and submitted receipt the same day. No reply since then:mad:

It has been almost 17months... VO Mexico
Did you apply along with the main applicant, your spouse or after the study permit was approved?