Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi,

Category - SOWP
File Lodged - 4th April 2021
Biometrics - 8th April 2021
Medical - Request not received yet
Still Processing........

Any idea how long will it take?? Applied from India.

Thanks
According to IRCC, they are not processing SWOP unless you have a job offer in the agriculture or health area, otherwise, your application is frozen.

manpreet2810

Aug 4, 2021
According to IRCC, they are not processing SWOP unless you have a job offer in the agriculture or health area, otherwise, your application is frozen.
Means one have to fetch the job in that area only, spouse does not matter. Isn't its injustice. Can you please provide me the IRCC link where they have mentioned this. What I am aware of is that the people working in these areas only can travel, rest of them can't travel as of now. But I am not aware if the files of other areas are completely frozen.

Last edited:

Subin88s

Dec 26, 2019
NOC Code......
I think they are not processing any SOWP application so far.Normal time line is around 20day but after feb2021 nobody is getting any sort of updates...

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
Currently I am in India and will reach canada within this month. Can I immediately send family reunification mail??
Hello, I think they meant request for written authorisation but now you don’t have to sent mail rather fill a webform.
but I heard after September 7th there is no need for it as everyone can enter Canada.

I have a doubt in your query, if you are in India why don’t you guys go together? If both of you are going together there is no need for this authorisation.

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hello, I think they meant request for written authorisation but now you don’t have to sent mail rather fill a webform.
but I heard after September 7th there is no need for it as everyone can enter Canada.

I have a doubt in your query, if you are in India why don’t you guys go together? If both of you are going together there is no need for this authorisation.
we applied seperately.. His ppr is not yet recieved and my classes will start next week.. so i need to go this month.. i thought family reunification mail expedite his application process..

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Anyway best of luck

Reactions: Annamusam

KarthickM

Jul 10, 2021
Currently I am in India and will reach canada within this month. Can I immediately send family reunification mail??
Hi @Annamusam, This is a good Info, the email ID looks very lengthly, is that the correct email ID. I am in Canada in a closed WP and my spouse/kids are in India. I am waiting for their application to be processed. Did you meant emailing to this ID will help expedite their application processing ?

Adityan92

Jun 28, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I think they are not processing any SOWP application so far.Normal time line is around 20day but after feb2021 nobody is getting any sort of updates...
Total false. Many of my cohort people who applied for SOWP on student visa got their respective PPR for their spouses too.

Adityan92

Jun 28, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I got my PPR on 28th August, and currently its at IRCC for processing. I am thinking to apply for SOWP once I land, does that make sense? Also, I looked at the processing time, and currently it is 25 weeks.

Manikrithi17

Jun 4, 2021
Hi @Annamusam, This is a good Info, the email ID looks very lengthly, is that the correct email ID. I am in Canada in a closed WP and my spouse/kids are in India. I am waiting for their application to be processed. Did you meant emailing to this ID will help expedite their application processing ?
Hi KarthicK, I'm also in same situation. Working in Canada, Spouse and Kid VISA process is happening in India. Applied in Mar-30, Biometric on Apr-6. Medical also completed and uploaded the acknowledgement while raising VISA.
No update after that.