+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hello everyone. I am currently in Vancouver on Study Permit for a year now. I have my study permit valid until March 2025. I applied for my Open Work Permit for my spouse and she got her visa approved. Her Open Work Permit is valid until March 2025.
We have submitted an authorization for travel due to COVID 19 restrictions, but we were denied.

Was anyone here in the same situation? What would you now recommend me to do? Should I submit request again?
Could you please share sowp timelines?

seroop

Nov 4, 2021
I'am an international student and my husband submitted his application for open work permit in August( From inside Canada) but we are still waiting for an answer about the WP, as of November we did not receive any news about it. (He already had biometrics)
Is there anyone who applied for open WP in August or close to August and waiting for reply or granted their permits in these days?

JkAery

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
Need help with applying for my wife's SOWP from India. I am a student Can anybody help me out on how to present relationship history, Letter of Invitation and SOP.

or if it has been detailed previously, kindly provide the link

Anjana gokul

Star Member
Nov 4, 2021
Kochi
Category........
CEC
I applied for my SOWP on april 2021. My file completed with upfront medical and biometric.after that no updates about my visa. My medical and biometric not updated yet. Anyone know how to update my medical and biometric on my gckey account?

Dhpatel

Jan 22, 2020
I applied for my SOWP on april 2021. My file completed with upfront medical and biometric.after that no updates about my visa. My medical and biometric not updated yet. Anyone know how to update my medical and biometric on my gckey account?
mostly biometric updated as same day

Anjana gokul

Star Member
Nov 4, 2021
Kochi
Category........
CEC
mostly biometric updated as same day
My visa got rejected three times after that i applied new application on april 2021 with my biometric and upfront medical.i completed my upfront medical in march its been nearly 8 months and no updation reflected.. is there any solution for this problem? Plz help..

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
My visa got rejected three times after that i applied new application on april 2021 with my biometric and upfront medical.i completed my upfront medical in march its been nearly 8 months and no updation reflected.. is there any solution for this problem? Plz help..
If you applied from India. Raise webform to IRCC new Delhi regarding your Upfront Medical here:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=New Delhi

Also drop an email to IRCC New Delhi regarding the same here at: delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca

Attach the Upfront medical receipt in the request.

It should get updated in 14 days. Many got it updated in 2-3 days.

Tip: If you don't see any updates in 14 days raise similar request again.

Thanks

Jinit

Jan 4, 2019
Hello All,

I am planning to aply for SOWP by myself and wish to understand on fund part. My father wish to gift some money as marraige gift but it's in FD form so can i show his FD along with gift deed in my SOWP file?? Or i have to transfer to my account??

Neeharika2190

Nov 18, 2021
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hi Gaurav, all -

My husband's organization is planning to initiate his ICT in the next couple of weeks. I work for a different organization and would qualify for an ICT visa too, which my company is ready to support, but only after a few months.

My questions -
1. Is it a good choice to wait for my ICT, which is tentative, or should I go ahead and apply for a spousal work permit along with my husband as the processing time would be quicker (GSS).
2. Is it valid for a person to hold a spousal work permit and have an ICT raised from India later? What happens to the spousal open work permit in that case?

Looking forward to your responses. Thanks in advance.