+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

pravin86

Jan 2, 2018
I'am an international student and my husband submitted his application for open work permit in August( From inside Canada) but we are still waiting for an answer about the WP, as of November we did not receive any news about it. (He already had biometrics)
Is there anyone who applied for open WP in August or close to August and waiting for reply or granted their permits in these days?
any update on your file?

Nov 27, 2021
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hello Gaurav,

My Spouse is in India right now and I am in Canada on a student permit. We applied for his SOWP in July 2021 and haven't received any update on that. We applied for Visitor Visa and it got approved. My question is, how I can apply his inland SOWP once he lands in Canada while SOWP from India is already in process?

Reactions: arunesh.vikram

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hello Gaurav,

My Spouse is in India right now and I am in Canada on a student permit. We applied for his SOWP in July 2021 and haven't received any update on that. We applied for Visitor Visa and it got approved. My question is, how I can apply his inland SOWP once he lands in Canada while SOWP from India is already in process?
congratulation for vv approval. how did apply VV by yourself or through agent?

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Hi Friends,
I am working in Canada with work permit and i want apply for Open work permit to my wife. I have two children's and both are studying (3rd and LKG) in India. While applying open work permit do i need to apply study permit to my daughter or they can get visitor visa and they can study here?. Please advise.
Can you please share the Document Checklist for SOWP of skilled worker in Canada?

MikeShinigami

Sep 5, 2020
Hello All,

I am applying to SOWP this month and my spouse is leaving for Canada on January 2nd Week. While filling the questionnaire there was a question "Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?"

Obviously I have to select "NO" since I am intended to travel after few months maybe depending on when I get visa. But my questions, while selecting NO for this question, the "Proof of Relationship" field is not available where we upload the documents? Is this normal? Shall I upload the relationship proof under client information then?

FYI, I don't think I should select "YES" under this question as it clearly states "Accompanying you means that this person intends to come to Canada at the SAME TIME as you"

Thanks,

JkAery

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
Hello All,

I am applying to SOWP this month and my spouse is leaving for Canada on January 2nd Week. While filling the questionnaire there was a question "Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?"

Obviously I have to select "NO" since I am intended to travel after few months maybe depending on when I get visa. But my questions, while selecting NO for this question, the "Proof of Relationship" field is not available where we upload the documents? Is this normal? Shall I upload the relationship proof under client information then?

FYI, I don't think I should select "YES" under this question as it clearly states "Accompanying you means that this person intends to come to Canada at the SAME TIME as you"

Thanks,

You should say Yes. Bcz your spouse had been approved a visa (as u said, they are traveling in January 2nd week )

Why would they ask to Proov Relationship if applicant is not accompanying spouse or family member.

JkAery

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Punjab
Category........
STUDY
You should say Yes. Bcz your spouse had been approved a visa (as u said, they are traveling in January 2nd week )

Why would they ask to Proov Relationship if applicant is not accompanying spouse or family member.
This is my opinion on my current knowledge.

syedmujeeb01

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Hi, can you please share agent details for sowp file??
you can contact adveducation151@gmail.com. He takes time to respond and file your application but I must say he did very thoroughly he read each and every line of your SOP, and other documents as if he is applying for his own visa. He is very strict in terms of finalizing applications and he only takes the case when he feels like he can make it happen this case. So, try with him if you like.

MRW

Jan 22, 2021
My husband and I are both in Canada. I am on study permit, while my husband is on his post-graduate work permit (1 year). Once I complete my 1-year of study, I will apply for PGWP on the basis of which my husband will apply for an SOWP.
Question is - should my husband apply for SOWP right now based on my study permit?

IkoLove

Dec 27, 2020
Hi, if I'll fill temporary resident application, and move to Canada alone.

Will it be difficult for my spouse (+child less than 1 year old) to receive a sowp alone?