+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Hello All,

Is there anyone who applied for SOWP in 2021 and got the permit successfully. If yes, please share timeline. What are the current processing time?
I applied for my wife SOWP in April 2021 with upfront medical, Biometric was completed on July 22nd and there is no update after that. I am currently on student Visa.

sammy0024

Jan 24, 2021
Hello All,

Is there anyone who applied for SOWP in 2021 and got the permit successfully. If yes, please share timeline. What are the current processing time?
I applied for my wife SOWP in April 2021 with upfront medical, Biometric was completed on July 22nd and there is no update after that. I am currently on student Visa.
Hi,
Did you attached an SOP with the spousal open work permit. If yes, can you share it please

Thanks !

onlyforward

Aug 24, 2021
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
When I received my open work permit 1 year ago I didn't read the small print which stated that I was not eligible to work in health services, which is the field I work in. Now that I am filling out my common-law sponsorship I realized that I have been working outside of my work permit's parameters. I have immediately stopped work and booked a medical exam, which will allow me to change the conditions of my work permit to start working in the health field again. I plan to disclose all of this in my application. What I am hoping to get a sense of is how much this might affect the chances of getting my PR. Basically, how stressed should I be for the next year as I wait? Thanks in advance!

PRin2024

Feb 13, 2021
Hi I am going to apply for my spouse open work permit by self. Just few questions.
This is not current job. Previous one

1. I worked in a company for 1.5 years in three different positions (Management Trainee, XRM,YRM). All three is basically the same job with increased client base and salary. How should I fill out in the IMM form. Write Just RM and explain in letter or exact titles with dates in form ?

2. I have standard experience letter. No duties only title and last date. I understand this is enough for sowp. should I list my duties in loe.

Babo2020

Dec 13, 2020
Hello everyone. I am currently in Vancouver on Study Permit for a year now. I have my study permit valid until March 2025. I applied for my Open Work Permit for my spouse and she got her visa approved. Her Open Work Permit is valid until March 2025.
We have submitted an authorization for travel due to COVID 19 restrictions, but we were denied.

Was anyone here in the same situation? What would you now recommend me to do? Should I submit request again?

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Hello everyone. I am currently in Vancouver on Study Permit for a year now. I have my study permit valid until March 2025. I applied for my Open Work Permit for my spouse and she got her visa approved. Her Open Work Permit is valid until March 2025.
We have submitted an authorization for travel due to COVID 19 restrictions, but we were denied.

Was anyone here in the same situation? What would you now recommend me to do? Should I submit request again?
From sep 7, travel authorization is not needed right?

Jinit

Jan 4, 2019
Hello ppl,

I have got rejection today for the reason below.

“ Visa officer is not satisfied that I will leave after end of my stay”.

Can any one help me in this regard.

Any sample CV for this would appreciated and helps me to apply again with strong SOP.

Thank you,
Raj
Hi, can you please share agent details for sowp file??

Prasathsharma

Jun 20, 2020
Hi Friends,
I am working in Canada with work permit and i want apply for Open work permit to my wife. I have two children's and both are studying (3rd and LKG) in India. While applying open work permit do i need to apply study permit to my daughter or they can get visitor visa and they can study here?. Please advise.

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Hi,
My wife got PPR for her OWP.
She applied from outside and she has been in Canada with me since June 18th. She also got the two doses of Pfizer.
Can she send the passport to any place inside Canada for stamping?
What are the procedures?
She has the Original Passport Request Letter, and also Correspondence Letter in her CIC account...

Thanks
Hi, Did your wife apply for Visitor visa while SOWP was under processing? How she came to Canada ?

Ghledhow

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Hello. I am tring to apply TRV for my mum. There is a section asking for national identity document. Is that NIN? Also its asking for issue date NIN has no issue date. Pls I am stuck. Help!

newlife_5241

Sep 21, 2019
Hello all. I have a query regarding travelling on work permit. I am a PGWP holder since May 2021 and I intend to travel to India for 3 months (Oct to Jan). My spouse's SOWP is in process as well. Can I travel while my wife's SOWP is in process? Are there any restrictions or protocols in place for this? Please advise.

Reactions: arunesh.vikram

riteshsjoshi017

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
I have applied for Canada ICT GSS Work Permit and for my spouse, I have applied Visitor Visa. My application is in progress. Can I apply SOWP for my spouse in parallel with my application now.

Dec 17, 2019
Hi any solo SOWP applying from Saudi Arabia? Do you know how long is the processing time?

10 August - LODGED
08 September - RE
6 October - Ghost Update