+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Guys, can someone with SOWP use the OHIP? Or he needs to apply for a private health insurance?

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
Hi,
Could you clarify this for me? Did you apply to visitor's visit or SOWP because I don't see "Purpose of visit" in my work permit application forms.
In case, you applied for visitor's visit, how did you go about it to get SOWP.
I applied for SOWP, in the application there are different forms, also one for the work permit and one for the visitor visa, they are both needed.

Reactions: anibby

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hi all,

I will be applying for SOWP for my spouse in India. I am in Canada now on work permit. I have question whether IELTS test report is required/mandatory for SOWP online application?

Did anyone got refusal for not submitting IELTS test scores?

Thanks in advance

Achuni

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hi all,

I will be applying for SOWP for my spouse in India. I am in Canada now on work permit. I have question whether IELTS test report is required/mandatory for SOWP online application?

Did anyone got refusal for not submitting IELTS test scores?

Thanks in advance
Ielts is not required for swop

premkothekar

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!

Hi Gaurav,
I have applied for SOWP for which our document checklist is all the associate forms and additional documents

My documents
#Passport
#PGWP (Master in Electrical Eng.)
#Two Employment letter from employers Initial hired by agency then direct hiring (Gnereal machinist NOC 7231)
#Recent two paystubs from employers
#Bank account statements and Fixed deposits(19000$ CAD)
#2019 tax returns in Canada

My wife’s documents
#Passport
#Bank account statement($8000 CAD)
#Marriage Certificate
#Photographs of marriage and associated functions
#Photographs of pre wedding (years of relationship) and post wedding

We got our rejection within 24 hrs of bio-metrics were updated stating "You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations "

We have applied for GCSM notes for further clarification

Gaurav if you can help me out to identify what we have missed to fulfil the requirements and can help me to file SOWP properly 2nd time that would appreciated alot.

NOTE: Now I have provincial nominee from Ontario under Master’s stream( I received this after I applied for SOWP )

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Gaurav,
I have applied for SOWP for which our document checklist is all the associate forms and additional documents

My documents
#Passport
#PGWP (Master in Electrical Eng.)
#Two Employment letter from employers Initial hired by agency then direct hiring (Gnereal machinist NOC 7231)
#Recent two paystubs from employers
#Bank account statements and Fixed deposits(19000$ CAD)
#2019 tax returns in Canada

My wife’s documents
#Passport
#Bank account statement($8000 CAD)
#Marriage Certificate
#Photographs of marriage and associated functions
#Photographs of pre wedding (years of relationship) and post wedding

We got our rejection within 24 hrs of bio-metrics were updated stating "You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations "

We have applied for GCSM notes for further clarification

Gaurav if you can help me out to identify what we have missed to fulfil the requirements and can help me to file SOWP properly 2nd time that would appreciated alot.

NOTE: Now I have provincial nominee from Ontario under Master’s stream( I received this after I applied for SOWP )
How long have you been working? Two pay stubs is usually not enough. You need at least 3.

premkothekar

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
How long have you been working? Two pay stubs is usually not enough. You need at least 3.

I started working in Feb 2020 and get hired by company in mid June 2020 I applied for SOWP in July end. I provided all the employers first and last two paystubs.

But what can be exact denial reason according to your experience regarding 205(c)(ii) ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I started working in Feb 2020 and get hired by company in mid June 2020 I applied for SOWP in July end. I provided all the employers first and last two paystubs.

But what can be exact denial reason according to your experience regarding 205(c)(ii) ?
205 (c)(ii) is a common refusal. Wait for GCMS notes. The issue may be is that you didn’t wait another month and have two more pay stubs. When does your permit expire? How long have you been married? GCMS notes may detail additional information.

premkothekar

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
205 (c)(ii) is a common refusal. Wait for GCMS notes. The issue may be is that you didn’t wait another month and have two more pay stubs. When does your permit expire? How long have you been married? GCMS notes may detail additional information.

I already had more than 4 paystub but I made a mistake to put only two I guess. My PGWP expire in oct. 2022 and I married in may 2019 and applied SOWP in July 2020

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I already had more than 4 paystub but I made a mistake to put only two I guess. My PGWP expire in oct. 2022 and I married in may 2019 and applied SOWP in July 2020
Honestly your profile seems strong. Wait for GCMS notes. Frustrating but don’t apply until your receive the notes. The more paystubs the better as it shows long term employment.

premkothekar

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
Honestly your profile seems strong. Wait for GCMS notes. Frustrating but don’t apply until your receive the notes. The more paystubs the better as it shows long term employment.

I was thinking my profile is strong but after refusal I was in tense what did I missed to not fulfil the requirements. Thank you for the reply and Once I receive the GCMS note I will share on portal for others reference.

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hi All,
I am applying SOWP for my Wife & TRV for my 1 year old child. I am in Canada on Employer specific work Permit.
Wanted to know for my child TRV will he be principal applicant for His TRV application form 5257b form?
let me know.

Thanks