+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Can i go do family visit to my wife and children while SOWP is in process? My employer has approved leave for 3 weeks

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Can i go do family visit to my wife and children while SOWP is in process? My employer has approved leave for 3 weeks
Unable to understand

Are you asking if you want to apply a visitor visa for wife and child?

Or Apply Visitor visa for yourself ?

Not sure what you are asking

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Unable to understand

Are you asking if you want to apply a visitor visa for wife and child?

Or Apply Visitor visa for yourself ?

Not sure what you are asking
I am the principal applicant

Have applied SOWP for my wife but i wanna visit family back in my country to celebrate family events. Will this impact SOWP application for my spouse which is in process.

by the way AAIP portal is down

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I am the principal applicant

Have applied SOWP for my wife but i wanna visit family back in my country to celebrate family events. Will this impact SOWP application for my spouse which is in process.

by the way AAIP portal is down
Your travel will not have any impact
Wife has to pass eligibility to be approved
So wait it out

cboy585

Mar 7, 2023
My husband is in Canada on SOWP which is valid until next year July, 2024. Does he need to apply for TRV if he want to visit India and coming back to Canada?

Saurabhgopal7

Aug 21, 2023
If a person is having valid visa and open work permit till next year and had to return to India, can he now apply for ICT visa if any job opportunity materializes from any organization? Please advise.

Saurabhgopal7

Aug 21, 2023
How would you be eligible for an ICT?
Thanks for the response. Actually now that I have returned to India, the new company I currently work for is giving me opportunity for closed work permit (ICT). Would there be any challenge with ICT visa initiation and processing as I already have valid visa and open work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the response. Actually now that I have returned to India, the new company I currently work for is giving me opportunity for closed work permit (ICT). Would there be any challenge with ICT visa initiation and processing as I already have valid visa and open work permit.
So you have worked for the company for a year to transfer you? They have the approved LMIA?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, concern is until open work permit and visa is valid, can current company initiate ICT visa for me?
So if you have worked outside Canada for a year with the company in their office and the company are eligible for ICT, and your company has approved LMIA exemption then you can apply for a closed work permit.

Saurabhgopal7

Aug 21, 2023
So if you have worked outside Canada for a year with the company in their office and the company are eligible for ICT, and your company has approved LMIA exemption then you can apply for a closed work permit.
Do we need to wait till Aug for current visa and open work permit to expire and then raise new ICT visa assignment? Or we can raise a new ICT visa now itself? Please confirm