+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
how long after marriage can we apply for the sowp? I am going to go back to philippines to marry my fiance and when I get back I plan on applying for her permit. We have a lengthly 10+ year relationship but never lived together because she was working out of town for over 8 years, so I think common law is out of the question.

Do I have any chance of applying under common law without living together if I provide proof of why we didnt live together?

kurogin

Jun 6, 2023
Hello everybody,

My wife's holding a SOWP, which will be expired by Jul 30. Can she reapply for another SOWP after chaning her status to Visitor Visa?
I just graduated from college and I had my PGWP approved on May 1st. However, I cannot find any job to help on extending her SOWP. That is why we think of applying for Visitor Visa for her to remain in Canada until I find a job and get 3 months pay checks.

Flaky30

Apr 13, 2022
Good day,
My hubby applied for pqwp +SOWP +Sp
The pqwp approved, sowp+sp application transferred to local office Nairobi, then got a letter for employment and pay stubs for my hubby. When he applied in January he include his employment and paystubs. He worked last in May, what can you advise please

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day,
The pqwp approved, sowp+sp application transferred to local office Nairobi, then got a letter for employment and pay stubs for my hubby. When he applied in January he include his employment and paystubs. He worked last in May, what can you advise please
They want to see that he is still employed for your to be eligible for a SOWP.

luisHR

Jun 26, 2023
I have two questions regarding the sowp. I have a 4 year long relationship, recently got married (last month) and have been studying in Canada since last year.

I have a full time job and proof of funds (that in my opinion could support us both, like around 25k). My question is, currently my wife is unemployed, will that affect in the sowp application? And does she need to provide her own bank statements or can I show mine as proof of funds for supporting both of us?

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.

Vivo23

Jun 9, 2023
Good day,
Are you applying the same time?

Vankegan

Jul 8, 2023
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hi,
I am applying for OWP to join my spouse who recently moved to Québec with a closed work permit. My worries are:
-In proof of relationship aside our marriage certificate and his passport, am i to add our pictures or text messages ? because we got married after he obtained his visa
-In client information please what am i to submit there?
- where does proof of funds come in please
Is it mandatory to provide that with your documentation or at the immigration upon arrival

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi,
I am applying for OWP to join my spouse who recently moved to Québec with a closed work permit. My worries are:
-In proof of relationship aside our marriage certificate and his passport, am i to add our pictures or text messages ? because we got married after he obtained his visa Yes do that
-In client information please what am i to submit there?Any additional information about your application like Employment updates
- where does proof of funds come in please Add in the client information/ Additional Information
Is it mandatory to provide that with your documentation or at the immigration upon arrivalHave it handy to show at immigration if asked

sairayasmin

Jul 12, 2023
Hello everyone,
My husband’s sowp application was submited on 31st August, 2023 Medical passed on September 5th, 2023. Since his application was rejected before and I just gave birth recently here in Canada , I requested the MP’s office to expedite the process. The MP’s office informed me on 17th that IRCC is doing some “ NON ROUTINE ASSESSMENT “ and he has passed his criminality test. Now for non routine assessment IRCC takes longer time and can not give out any other information to the MP’s office. Anyone knows what is non routine assessment and does this mean it’s going to take longer than normal ?

Last edited:

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello everyone,
My husband’s sowp application was submited on 31st August, 2023 Medical passed on September 5th, 2023. Since his application was rejected before and I just gave birth recently here in Canada , I requested the MP’s office to expedite the process. The MP’s office informed me on 17th that IRCC is doing some “ NON ROUTINE ASSESSMENT “ and he has passed his criminality test. Now for non routine assessment IRCC takes longer time and can not give out any other information to the MP’s office. Anyone knows what is non routine assessment and does this mean it’s going to take longer than normal ?
They may send you a request for any additional document in this case
Yes it will take longer than usual

Reactions: sairayasmin