+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

shanky1202

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Anyone who applied for SOWP from canada. Please share timeline. Applied SOWP from canada in June end. File is in review but no response for 18 days and found two ghost updates so far.

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Anyone who applied for SOWP from canada. Please share timeline. Applied SOWP from canada in June end. File is in review but no response for 18 days and found two ghost updates so far.
Applied on July 08, eligibility review not even started.

I saw one approval of SOWP July 15 application today. Her application was approved in 1 day after they started eligibility review.

Interesting that you have 2 ghost updates. They must be verifying the employment details of your spouse. Can you post your timeline?

shanky1202

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017

I saw one approval of SOWP July 15 application today. Her application was approved in 1 day after they started eligibility review.

Interesting that you have 2 ghost updates. They must be verifying the employment details of your spouse. Can you post your timeline?
Applied on 28th June from inside Canada.travelled back to India since visitor visa got expired.review started approx on 25th Nov and ghost update on 12th Dec. No decision so far

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Applied on 28th June from inside Canada.travelled back to India since visitor visa got expired.review started approx on 25th Nov and ghost update on 12th Dec. No decision so far
They're processing Work permit applications faster from India. I have seen applicants here getting their SOWP within few days or in a month from India.

shanky1202

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017

Did u get any reply for your file? They have reduced timeline for canada

Jul 26, 2019
Hi , am on a visitor visa (V1) till March 2023.
I have applied for SOWP online, but it's already been more than 3 months.

I am planning to go for Flagpoling next week to Niagra. Just a few questions I had:

1. If I have an already online application, and everything goes well at the border, and a I get a permit, should I have to withdraw my previous application?

2. Also a Visitor Status with Multiple entry does qualify me for a return back to Canada atleast as a visitor if they refuse to give my work permit at the border, am I Correct?

Would really appreciate responses.
Thanks

shanky1202

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Hi , am on a visitor visa (V1) till March 2023.
I have applied for SOWP online, but it's already been more than 3 months.

I am planning to go for Flagpoling next week to Niagra. Just a few questions I had:

1. If I have an already online application, and everything goes well at the border, and a I get a permit, should I have to withdraw my previous application?

2. Also a Visitor Status with Multiple entry does qualify me for a return back to Canada atleast as a visitor if they refuse to give my work permit at the border, am I Correct?

Would really appreciate responses.
Thanks
Sowp timeline in Canada is now 167 days.you can try flagpolling if file is in process. They will update against your file. You have to inform them at time of flagpolling. You can enter as a visitor if you have USA valid visa otherwise May be tricky

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
My wife requested her SOWP extension after I got my PGWP by the end of July. In September we moved to a different city, so she sent a webform changing her mailing address by mid-September. She got her approval two weeks ago, but we noticed that the approval letter had the old address. we paid for a mail forwarding service at Canada Post but it took 5 days to be enabled. Now I'm worried that her WP is at the old address.

Is there something we can do? Can she request a new copy to be sent to our new address?

Zee5991.

Dec 5, 2022
Any idea about how much time does IRCC takes for SOWP once you have passed your medical and the eligibility review has begun?

I have applied from Pakistan on 8th dec, medical and biometrics waere done prior to application in june.

Got a ghost update on 28th dec stating that medical has been passed and the eligibility review has begun.

Snoviel Lopes

Jan 12, 2020
I am hoping if someone could share some information on below situation.

I had PGOWP and my spouse had SOWP.

My PGOWP expired on 22-March-2022 ,and since EE were paused ,we diecided that my Spouse will go for studies and
move on to study permit and i will switch to her dependent work permit.
We applied for visa in March 2022 and got the approvals in Mid of August.
By mid of august 2022 government announced policy to extend work permit for 18 months for which i was eligible.
So based on that we applied for my extension along with SOWP for my spouse
We applied on 22-August-2022 but still no response ,mean while we applied for PR also in Oct 2022.

So now the question is

Can my spouse start working as she had her SOWP ?and now we have applied for her SOWP extension ,she was on maintained status as she had study visa approved.

Any information on above is highly appreciated

Last edited: