Biometric 9 March 2021
Review June 2022
Medical request : 26 July 2022
Medical update : 5 August 2022
When can I expect my PPR?

IbrahimS22

Jun 27, 2018
Hello all!

My spouse applied for PGWP and I applied for SOWP alongside her.

Applied: May 19
Current OWP expired: July 30
WP-EXT: May 20 (it says I can work until September 15)

Also I'm in the pool for EE and most probably I'll get an ITA on August 31 draw.

What should I do next to keep working? Since the working date on WP-EXT expires on September 15, will I have to switch to Visitor Visa or can I tell my employer that I have an ongoing application and keep working?

Or can I apply for Bridging OWP once I get an ITA? It also takes long (100 days), will I have a right to work while it's processing?

Please suggest me the best option, to keep my working status until my application gets approved.

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all!

Also I'm in the pool for EE and most probably I'll get an ITA on August 31 draw.

What should I do next to keep working? Since the working date on WP-EXT expires on September 15, will I have to switch to Visitor Visa or can I tell my employer that I have an ongoing application and keep working?

Or can I apply for Bridging OWP once I get an ITA? It also takes long (100 days), will I have a right to work while it's processing?

Please suggest me the best option, to keep my working status until my application gets approved.

Thank you!
If your work permit expires on September 15, you must stop working so switch to visitor visa.

You are not eligible for BOWP until you get ITA, apply for PR and get AOR. That will take some time. Plus not sure if you would be eligible if you are no longer on a work visa.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Your only option to continue working is for your employer to file for a LMIA (pay $1k and prove no Canadian or PR can do the job) and then you hopefully get approved LMIA. Then you could be eligible to work under the public policy implemented due to Covid.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit/visitor-work-permits.html

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Hello all!

Thank you!
If you applied for WP Extension before your current work permit expired , which it looks like you did, you are in "implied" or "maintained" status . You can continue working till a decision is made on your WP Extension application. You can check out the below link & share with your employer , if need be. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

Reactions: IbrahimS22

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hello Guys
Please can anyone advise on the below thing
My spouse is in Canada as a PGWP and working in NOC -B job, I applied visitor visa for myself with 2 kids from 12th May 2022.
But until now did not receive any result.
Kindly advise shall I apply SOWP + study permit for my kids again. I see SOWP results are in 3 to 4 months.

shrysevo9

Aug 4, 2022
Hello Guys
Please can anyone advise on the below thing
My spouse is in Canada as a PGWP and working in NOC -B job, I applied visitor visa for myself with 2 kids from 12th May 2022.
But until now did not receive any result.
Kindly advise shall I apply SOWP + study permit for my kids again. I see SOWP results are in 3 to 4 months.
Hey buddy,
Visitor Visa should not take this long generally, did you try to send out a webform query ?
Also i'm curious to know your research on SOWP results, can you share more light on where you found these numbers ?

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hey buddy,
Visitor Visa should not take this long generally, did you try to send out a webform query ?
Also i'm curious to know your research on SOWP results, can you share more light on where you found these numbers ?
Yes raised the webform but there is no reply. I observed Spousal Visitor visas not processing at the moment .

Facebook message :

Received student PPR with SOWP + 2kids vv..
Application date May 12, 2022
Review started 2nd Aug
PPRs recieved 5th Aug

shrysevo9

Aug 4, 2022
Yes raised the webform but there is no reply. I observed Spousal Visitor visas not processing at the moment .

Facebook message :

Received student PPR with SOWP + 2kids vv..
Application date May 12, 2022
Review started 2nd Aug
PPRs recieved 5th Aug
Oh god the Confusion !
I've applied for SOWP and was contemplating applying for a visitor Visa since SOWP takes a long time.
But was advised against it by my employer stating the risk of getting a refusal.
I'm not sure if the otherway around applies as well.

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Oh god the Confusion !
I've applied for SOWP and was contemplating applying for a visitor Visa since SOWP takes a long time.
But was advised against it by my employer stating the risk of getting a refusal.
I'm not sure if the otherway around applies as well.
Please let me know when did you applied SOWP ?
What is your current spouse status in canada.
Only SOWP files will take 3 to 4 months only from India.

Userqw

Jun 20, 2022
My spouse is on PGWP. We applied for a visitor visa in April for which we have about received any decision yet. Eligibility review started on July 22nd. But nothing after that. Will it be a good idea to apply SOWP?
we do not know for how long should we wait for visitor visa decision.
And how much time is it taking for SOWP?

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
My spouse is on PGWP. We applied for a visitor visa in April for which we have about received any decision yet. Eligibility review started on July 22nd. But nothing after that. Will it be a good idea to apply SOWP?
we do not know for how long should we wait for visitor visa decision.
And how much time is it taking for SOWP?
Hello,
It's good for your review started which country did you apply from?
I hope your spouse will be in NOC A or B job.
I am also in the same boat. I applied Visitor visa for myself and 2 kids on 12th May 2022. But no review started yet .
My spouse is also in PGWP only.
What is the purpose you showed for a Visitor visa?
I observed from April 2022 there is no any update for a spouse visitor visa and only Parent Vv & Tourism is running.

Userqw

Jun 20, 2022
Hello,
It's good for your review started which country did you apply from?
I hope your spouse will be in NOC A or B job.
I am also in the same boat. I applied Visitor visa for myself and 2 kids on 12th May 2022. But no review started yet .
My spouse is also in PGWP only.
What is the purpose you showed for a Visitor visa?
I observed from April 2022 there is no any update for a spouse visitor visa and only Parent Vv & Tourism is running.
I applied from India. The purpose of visit is to celebrate my birthday with my husband. I am on a full time job in India. And applied to go there for 2 weeks. My husband is on NOC B job