+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

mahinav

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I checked it on the portal. Any specific reason for asking this?
yes, I applied for my husband on 7th dec with upfront medical and no update yet , my lawyer have access to cic account and my email,
when I called my lawyer he said do you get any email. lawyer said whenever there is an update I will get an email.
that why I am asking

Sanjeev7786

May 22, 2017
yes, I applied for my husband on 7th dec with upfront medical and no update yet , my lawyer have access to cic account and my email,
when I called my lawyer he said do you get any email. lawyer said whenever there is an update I will get an email.
that why I am asking
As per my experience, no one gets an email of update of medical pass status. Mail we get only once they have made their decision on the application.

simrat0721

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I’m in Canada on a post graduation work permit. I’m a permanent employee with a job in NOC A category (Hydrogeologist). I’m going to India in April this year to get married.
Can my wife get a work permit or a tourist visa after we get married? She will be applying from India.
Additionally, I have applied for BC PNP which I’m expecting to get it approved in February.

Thanks!

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi All, M very new to this thread. I had applied SOWP for my spouse on 14 december 2017. the status for medical is changed on 30 th January as "passeed". Are there any chances to still having a negatie news and what is the average time they take to give their final decision after medical.
If you have provided upfront medicals, we can not conclude if they have decided something or not. If CIC requested medicals as you did not provide upfront, then we can be positive about the decision.

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi
I’m in Canada on a post graduation work permit. I’m a permanent employee with a job in NOC A category (Hydrogeologist). I’m going to India in April this year to get married.
Can my wife get a work permit or a tourist visa after we get married? She will be applying from India.
Additionally, I have applied for BC PNP which I’m expecting to get it approved in February.

Thanks!
Ofcourse yes! My suggestion for you, apply for visitor visa first and get your wife with you to Canada and from Canada apply for OWP. Procssing time for OWP applied within Canada is processed much faster and also your can always call the Canada CIC helpline number to get updates and request faster processing if needed. From India, Normal processing times for visitor visa is about a month and for SOWP its 12 weeks approx and generally they take way more time than 12 weeks to process SOWP.

Make sure you get your marriage registered withing 30 days. Congratulations and all the best! :)

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
I submitted my online application on 27 jan. After how many days cic ask for medical. When I applied the processing time was 9 weeks

astacom

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
Hi Gaurav, what does upfront medical mean? I am going to submit Work permit application, does upfront medical mean I submit my medical record prior to their request?

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
I submitted my online application on 27 jan. After how many days cic ask for medical. When I applied the processing time was 9 weeks
No one can be sure about the processing times, they vary from case to case. Be patient till the normal processing times do not breach and we hope your file would be processed in time. Keep us posted!

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi Gaurav, what does upfront medical mean? I am going to submit Work permit application, does upfront medical mean I submit my medical record prior to their request?
Providing upfront medicals means you submit the medicals with the submission of your file. It has a positive and a negative point.

Positive - it will reduce the processing times.
Negative - we can not make a fair guess about the decision of the file until the decision is shared by CIC. In case one does not provide medicals upfront and then CIC requests medicals, we can be positive that they would be approving the file after medicals but with upfront medicals we have to wait till the last moment. However, providing upfront medicals will really cut the processing time short.

Its your call. Keep us posted. Cheers!

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi .

I am Rishabh From India Mumbai. I have 4 yrs of experience is shipping industries . I am looking for jobs in CANADA. would be very great if you help me.
Hi all, anyone reading or a part of this thread if possibly can help Rishabh please do.

Rishabh my suggestion would be to search the job bank on CIC website.

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Thanks Sir,

What else can i do to get the jobs in canada.
It is not at all an easy process, quiet complicated. Unless and until you have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, chances are nil.

However, there are other procedures via which you can get Permanent residence directly from India. I wont be able to explain everything here as it is a very lengthy and time taking process.

You can go for Express entry, get Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) scores over 400 and get Provincial nomination from Ontario also.

For Express entry you would need to appear for IELTS and score good bands in all modules. For current merit score (435 approx) you would need atleast
7-Reading
7-Writing
7-Speaking
8-Listening
This would give you a bonus of 30 points approx.

Get your educational assessment done from WES(mandate for Express Entry)
If your CRS are 400+ but not good for merit, we can file for Ontario PNP and get additional points for our express entry PR file.

And as I said, its a long process mate. Cant explain all here.

Feb 6, 2018
It is not at all an easy process, quiet complicated. Unless and until you have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, chances are nil.

However, there are other procedures via which you can get Permanent residence directly from India. I wont be able to explain everything here as it is a very lengthy and time taking process.

You can go for Express entry, get Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) scores over 400 and get Provincial nomination from Ontario also.

For Express entry you would need to appear for IELTS and score good bands in all modules. For current merit score (435 approx) you would need atleast
7-Reading
7-Writing
7-Speaking
8-Listening
This would give you a bonus of 30 points approx.

Get your educational assessment done from WES(mandate for Express Entry)
If your CRS are 400+ but not good for merit, we can file for Ontario PNP and get additional points for our express entry PR file.

And as I said, its a long process mate. Cant explain all here.
Thanks for your replay.