+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP approved? Need help to validate my understanding of gcms

Achuni

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Congratulations! it means what it means lol you have been approved but they cannot issue your visa at this moment due to VAC being closed. Once VAC is open, you will be able to submit your passport for visa stamping. You will be receiving PPR soon.
I applied for sowp. What would be the next steps. In application, status is in progress only

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
I applied for sowp. What would be the next steps. In application, status is in progress only
For lot of people it shows that their applications are still in progress on the online portal but when they raise a webform or order GCMS notes, it shows approved. You should expect PPR soon. Once you receive PPR, the status will show approved on your online portal. Is VAC in your country closed?

Achuni

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
For lot of people it shows that their applications are still in progress on the online portal but when they raise a webform or order GCMS notes, it shows approved. You should expect PPR soon. Once you receive PPR, the status will show approved on your online portal. Is VAC in your country closed?
Yes. Vac is closed. Is the next update would be passport submission?

s87788338

Sep 6, 2020
From the note yes it seems that you have been approved. What does Eligibility part says on the second page ? Passed, right ?
Have you received correspondence letter yet ?
@AfricanGiant912 Sorry if this is stupid question but was wondering if I can email IRCC for "family reunification" ? my spouse is in India (SOWP - gcms notes says its approved) whereas I am in Canada. According to website, people get authorization if we can provide :
  • proof of immigration status of your immediate family member in Canada (copy of their study permit or work permit)
  • proof of temporary resident visa or eTA
I dont understand 2nd point. Is it asking eTA for my spouse or my ETA? Since my spouse never got SOWP, she doesnt have eTA whereas I do.

Thanks!

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
@AfricanGiant912 Sorry if this is stupid question but was wondering if I can email IRCC for "family reunification" ? my spouse is in India (SOWP - gcms notes says its approved) whereas I am in Canada. According to website, people get authorization if we can provide :
  • proof of immigration status of your immediate family member in Canada (copy of their study permit or work permit)
I dont understand 2nd point. Is it asking eTA for my spouse or my ETA? Since my spouse never got SOWP, she doesnt have eTA whereas I do.

Thanks!
To be able to travel your spouse will need the following: stamped SOWP visa, letter of introduction, valid job offer, and quarantine plan.

ETAs are for visa exempt foreign nationals.

Achuni

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020

Thanks!
What is your application status?

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
I got this reply for webform enquiry. Please suggest what it means.
Please be advised that your application was approved and currently the Visa Application Centres are closed preventing us from receiving/returning passports. We are unable to issue visa at this time. Thank you for your patience.
when did you submit the webform query and when did you get the reply?