Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
3rd April, 2011
explorer101 said:
Credential assessment is not job requirement in Canada. It may be required for further studies or Carrier bridge program. Even Co op people do not ask for credential assessment. On the assesment report it is mentioned that it is not binding on any employer or educational institution.
Canadian employers only see the original transcripts and then return it and that too after selection of candidates.
Hope this helps
thanks a lot brother.... for ur advise..................

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Dear Explorer,

It is very heartening to read your post. Congratulations for the lovely post and words of encouragement. I think we pretty much think alike when trying to assist potential immigrants. If you require any form of assistance or just to make a great buddy, just PM me.

Which bank are you with? Some of my close friends work with TD and BMO.

Cheers

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Dear Explorer,

Indeed, your thread is an encouraging one to all prospective immigrants. Both me and my wife are from Banking Industry in India and we are happy that you and most of our friends are placed well in Canada. All the best brother and wish you a happy life in Canada.

Satish

elmo_25

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
Very well done Sir Explorer, now I got not just something but a lot of things from you which I think will bring great benefits for me and also to all the members of this forum whether we all made it to the land of the mafle leaf or not...Thanks again Sir...

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibuya said:
van_helsing
Ratings: +2/-9
[Good] [Poor]
QUESTION...
« Sent to: shibuya on: 20 January 2011, 23:35:44 » Quote Reply Remove
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI SHIBUYA,
I GUY IN CANADA SENT ME THIS VIDEOS... THEY LOOK VERY SHOCKING... WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ??
THANKS !!
"Broken Promises", CTV report video:
Intellectual diaspora:
MBA working as a slave in cleaning:
Engineer working at MacDonald's :
Doctor driving a taxi cab:
Racism reborn in Calgary :
Land of opportunity ? immigrant professionals in Canada:
Canada: From dreams to nightmares:
Immigration: Dream or nightmare ?
Canada Auditor-General sounds alarm on immigration policy:

WHAT R UR OPINION . THIS GUY SENT A PM AND VANISHED.
That is quite shocking, how about after seeing all this you withdraw your immigration application and getting refund of you app money. I can not do that cause I am already here in Canada and let me suffer here. Save yourself, this is right time for you.

7 months here and I am still waiting to see some one discriminate with me. The country I come from discrimanates its own citizens and these Canadians are adopting aliens. Few days back I was with qorax at his place in night , he had lots of snow right on his driveway and a white Canadian knocked at about 10 PM and told Qorax that he is jobless and requested qorax to let him clean the snow and he said that he expects just 2-3 $ for that. That white man is staying in the same type of house where qorax was staying ( now he shifted). The rent of those houses are $ 1600 pm + maintenance charges + taxes. Even when the local educated and experienced white Canadians are unemployed so how come anyone can blame Canadian Govt for not providing instant jobs to new immigrants. To get a job in Canada is by way of competetion. It depends on ones capability and skills and not on racial discrimination. Imagine what would be going on in the mind of jobless Canadians ( white guys, local educated and experience) that we the immigrants are getting their jobs and they are roaming jobless. Take it after few years from now, we as Canadians are laid off and not able to get new job and new immigrants landing and getting jobs. Say thanks to Canadians who do not think in that way as we would surely think.

Create your own post to raise crapy material. This world, people would even if they see God will criticise him, so where Canada stands. When you can create a post of just news publication/ hearsay/ google search items/ cut paste etc etc and your topic is quite enough to acclaim kudos for you, so start with a new post and enjoy there. Where you and your like minded can join and curse Canada and still pursue application for immigration to Canada.

I understand you have got a longstanding itching to confront with me, any time welcome after landing in Canada. Do not underestimate me even in your dreams. I am a born fighter and will fight with adversities till death and I know that you are no challenge for me. Your digging my old post and writing your crap in that is good enough to show your ulterior motive.

My post is only meant for people who wish to start implementing their dreams in Canada and not a discussion ground for your crap.

Canada belongs to winners and not to losers, so Guys become winners for you and for Canada. Fight for success and do not wish to see it served in plate with PR Card. Earn your success and Canada belongs to you

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
explorer101 said:
That is quite shocking, how about after seeing all this you withdraw your immigration application and getting refund of you app money. I can not do that cause I am already here in Canada and let me suffer here. Save yourself, this is right time for you.

7 months here and I am still waiting to see some one discriminate with me. The country I come from discrimanates its own citizens and these Canadians are adopting aliens. Few days back I was with qorax at his place in night , he had lots of snow right on his driveway and a white Canadian knocked at about 10 PM and told Qorax that he is jobless and requested qorax to let him clean the snow and he said that he expects just 2-3 $ for that. That white man is staying in the same type of house where qorax was staying ( now he shifted). The rent of those houses are $ 1600 pm + maintenance charges + taxes. Even when the local educated and experienced white Canadians are unemployed so how come anyone can blame Canadian Govt for not providing instant jobs to new immigrants. To get a job in Canada is by way of competetion. It depends on ones capability and skills and not on racial discrimination. Imagine what would be going on in the mind of jobless Canadians ( white guys, local educated and experience) that we the immigrants are getting their jobs and they are roaming jobless. Take it after few years from now, we as Canadians are laid off and not able to get new job and new immigrants landing and getting jobs. Say thanks to Canadians who do not think in that way as we would surely think.

Create your own post to raise crapy material. This world, people would even if they see God will criticise him, so where Canada stands. When you can create a post of just news publication/ hearsay/ google search items/ cut paste etc etc and your topic is quite enough to acclaim kudos for you, so start with a new post and enjoy there. Where you and your like minded can join and curse Canada and still pursue application for immigration to Canada.

I understand you have got a longstanding itching to confront with me, any time welcome after landing in Canada. Do not underestimate me even in your dreams. I am a born fighter and will fight with adversities till death and I know that you are no challenge for me. Your digging my old post and writing your crap in that is good enough to show your ulterior motive.

My post is only meant for people who wish to start implementing their dreams in Canada and not a discussion ground for your crap.

Canada belongs to winners and not to losers, so Guys become winners for you and for Canada. Fight for success and do not wish to see it served in plate with PR Card. Earn your success and Canada belongs to you
I second that...
BTW, that Canadian did a good job of it too - my driveway was 'spit-polished'!

Qorax
*Here it makes no difference whether we r 'white', 'brown', 'black', 'yellow' or of any other color conceivable... what matters is the 'meat' in me!

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Explorer101, Qorax,
I so much support your views. If we know what we are doing and can compete as a sport man who has the only motive of winning, we shall surely make a headway in Canada. But some of our people are already defeated by their thoughts before starting anything.

If we are focused, determined, consult and leverage on people that have tried and achieved, definitely we will get it right.

In my case, i have sent a lot of resume for job in my field without result. Suddenly, the first organization that liked my resume called me and i quickly called Explorer101 to put me through how to do it successful, he sent likely questions in interview to my box and called me on phone to give me quick lecture, i practiced and here i am today, got the job on the first interview without Canadian experience,education and no discrimination.

Oloye

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
kill

Explorer, hats off to you brother! Canada need people like you.

I do not think there is a racism in Canada.

Only the heavy competition in a job market is the problem to land a job. One position and @ 100 applications, whom to choose? Offcourse they will choose a local canadian who knows the culture, know the local market better, profficient in language and has good communication skills. To compete the locals, immigrants must have some local education and experience along with profficiency in english language. However if you have a skillset that is not locally available then there are better chances of getting a job.

For example, when you go to market to buy vegetables, e.g potatoes and you have to choose 1 kg from a truckload of potatos, which one you will choose the bad ones or good ones? neither bad nor good ones but the "best" ones, right? because you have a choise. Take another scenario, you need these damn potatoes badly, and there is shortage of them in a market and your wife told you not to come home untill you find them, what you do.. you are now only looking for them, whether good or bad doesn't matter. Even little rotten potatoes are being sold in a market with a high price tag, otherwise these would have been dumped in a garbage when they were available abundantly.

The bootom line is, there are plenty job seekers in a Canadian job market, many canadian citizens are also unemployed(including whites) then why the cry, update your education, language skills, and gain some experience and keep trying..n..trying.. n..trying...

Imagine, after 3 years when you become a Canadian citizen and an employer hired a new immigrant instead of you? What will be your reaction?

Hard working, honesty and good attitude is a key to success, not in Canada but anywhere in the world.

SISH7255

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
One thing many New Canadians dont understand that unlike many other countries Technical Qualifications count for about 30% of the criteria while soft skills or people skills count for 70% in many companies here in Canada.So yes you may be qualified but you dont know how to function in a Canadian setting.I see this so often Technically skilled New Canadians who dont to know how to behave in a Canadian office.Sad :(

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
I spend about 10 hours a week volunteering to mentor new Immigrants and one thing I tell them is never look at any job that is below your level as anything but a stepping stone Here are some job timelines of some Immigrants I have mentored IT Manager with 8 years work exp Dec 2009 arrive in Vancouver Jan Clerk at Canadian Tire Hardware Feb Avis rent a car counter staff March 2009 IT clerk at Funeral home July 2009 BC Hydro IT department.Accountant with 10 years exp arrived July 2010 Tim Hortons Food Attendant Nov 2010 Accounting clerk at Accenture.The point??Canadian Society is mobile as long as you dont give up Final story Dentist arrived from Saudi Arabia with 8 years experience 2000.2001-2002 Survival Job working at Vancouver Airport directing planes while studying.2003 Recieves Canadian dental license starts working as an Associate Dentist for 120K a year 2006 Opens his own practice earning 300-400K a year,starts investing in Real Estate 2011 Net worth 8.5 Million Dollars from 2 commercial buildings and 5 homes.Did these who give up or continued fighting?The Dentist directing planes how sad right?But He did not give up and is very succesfull and wealthy That is the fighting spirit that separates winners from LOSERS

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
BCguy said:
One thing many New Canadians dont understand that unlike many other countries Technical Qualifications count for about 30% of the criteria while soft skills or people skills count for 70% in many companies here in Canada.So yes you may be qualified but you dont know how to function in a Canadian setting.I see this so often Technically skilled New Canadians who dont to know how to behave in a Canadian office.Sad :(
Thanks BCguy, something new and important thing to learn.

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Re: kill

SISH7255 said:
Explorer, hats off to you brother! Canada need people like you.

I do not think there is a racism in Canada.

Only the heavy competition in a job market is the problem to land a job. One position and @ 100 applications, whom to choose? Offcourse they will choose a local canadian who knows the culture, know the local market better, profficient in language and has good communication skills. To compete the locals, immigrants must have some local education and experience along with profficiency in english language. However if you have a skillset that is not locally available then there are better chances of getting a job.

For example, when you go to market to buy vegetables, e.g potatoes and you have to choose 1 kg from a truckload of potatos, which one you will choose the bad ones or good ones? neither bad nor good ones but the "best" ones, right? because you have a choise. Take another scenario, you need these damn potatoes badly, and there is shortage of them in a market and your wife told you not to come home untill you find them, what you do.. you are now only looking for them, whether good or bad doesn't matter. Even little rotten potatoes are being sold in a market with a high price tag, otherwise these would have been dumped in a garbage when they were available abundantly.

The bootom line is, there are plenty job seekers in a Canadian job market, many canadian citizens are also unemployed(including whites) then why the cry, update your education, language skills, and gain some experience and keep trying..n..trying.. n..trying...

Imagine, after 3 years when you become a Canadian citizen and an employer hired a new immigrant instead of you? What will be your reaction?

Hard working, honesty and good attitude is a key to success, not in Canada but anywhere in the world.

SISH7255
I will add the Power Of Belief : Change Your Internal Beliefs and Perceptions About The World and You'll See Your World Change Right Before Your Eyes. Believe you will succeed in Canada and surely you will !

Amissa

mani_sps

Feb 3, 2011
Papua New Guinea
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
So nice to know that explorer101 and oloye managed to land in jobs without canadian experience or qualifications. But we can expect that they have had the talent to convince the hirers that they could definitely "know the job" and "do the job" in the short time given to them (the inverview, I mean). All the best to you two.

And it is very important that the immigrants who managed to find jobs and are in the process of settling down still stay in touch with canadavisa.com and help new people as far as possible. Of course, I can see that it is happening already...but I wish it never stops.

BTW explorer101, you should have ignored shibuya. I know you got offended by his post; but I would expect that you simply ignored him without a reply.

Good days to all.......

Regards,
Mani

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Re: kill

amissa said:
I will add the Power Of Belief : Change Your Internal Beliefs and Perceptions About The World and You'll See Your World Change Right Before Your Eyes. Believe you will succeed in Canada and surely you will !

Amissa
Thank you Amissa. I appreciate your response. Yes we should change our internal beliefs and perceptions for our betterment.