Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
JIGS11 said:
"Before landing : Nil chance
After Landing : with amendements made as per Canadian style in resume, interview preparation as per North American style, one can get a job."

Why nil chances :eek:? I thought there is a category called for "Arranged Employment", i think it will be hard but not completely zero.
Hi, is few cases yes the ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT works.. but in general... NIL CHANCE ..!!

Cheers..

etha4u

Oct 29, 2010
Visa Office......
SGVO-PER received
NOC Code......
FSW13-2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
File Transfer...
PER:26-08-2013
explorer101 said:
What we hear and read:
1. No Jobs in Canada
2. Racial Profiling
3. New Immigrants doing only labour jobs etc etc.

So, is this distress call?

Can this be called alarming situation in Canada?

Are we making mistake by coming to Canada ?

Should we get discouraged by reading all this.

I landed in Canada 5 ½ months back, being disabled It was difficult for me to lift loads or stand all day. I tried but these sort work was not given to me. Placement agency doesn't have office jobs. When they have perfect people for these kinds of jobs why they would hire a person like me. So, I could not earn a single $ till date and spent a lot of my savings.

After landing I stated observing the job market, requirement of employment, learning Canadian system. Thereafter I started sending my resume – in hundreds. No response. Got to know that I was doing mistake. One should post for selected job posting. I faced 2 interviews in Banks and was not selected. Learnt from mistakes in interviews and got enough to be perfect in interviewing and got my 1st job in a bank. Needless to say I am brown man. I could not have hoped for a better job than this. I could not see any racial profiling for my job; my interview was conducted by white people only. I don't have Canadian education or experience. I can not blame for my earlier rejection on any racial profiling, it was my mistakes which resulted in rejection. Few things are here, like you would see most of managerial positions are occupied by white people but I feel the day would not be far when we are going reach to that positions.

I got excellent help for preparation of interviews from 2 members of this forum and moral support from many other members. Everyone here encouraged me to keep me motivated. That motivation kept me having spirit to fight.
Must also thank youtube from where I downloaded lot of interview videos / tips. Loaded with lots of interviewing skills ( self research / friends/glassdoor.com/ youtube) I became a different man. I became too fluent and too perfect in interviewing skills. I am not genius so I devised hard way. I typed all the interviewing questions and typed their answers also. Any free time and I would be going through the same time and again. That helped me in getting a break.

So at anytime someone tells you, no jobs and racial profiling in Canada don't believe it. Look at this from another angle. Look at that you are lacking some skills and need to improve that to get job in Canada.

If someone observe thousand and thousands of jobs are posted everyday in Canada. It means jobs are here. Do not get down by seeing the unemployment graph. There is a lot of frictional unemployment (people who don't want to work and are happy taking social benefits or people who willingly leave a job to get another job).

Enough for today. My friends- qorax, anu ,chari are going for a party now. Catch you people some other time.

I can say “I started living in Canada.”

Cheer up, Welcome to Canada
Thanks a lot for posting it..inspiring

vinisha09

Oct 26, 2014
Baloo said:
Clearly I think Canada is worth it, even though I am fully aware of real life here.
i have lived in canada during 2010-2011 as a PHD student.
i was paid 18000 CAD by my professor,
additionally i got 3 part time jobs inside the campus- that paid me a decent extra income.
i never had any difficulty in getting through these interviews,
i have never felt or experienced racism.
may be very rarely some people may have perceived racism, but very rare - much less when compared to any other country.
CANADA is GODS own country- in my opinion the best place to live

cel_mmm

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Aug-2014 CC Charged: 22-Nov-2014 PER Received 18-Dec-2014 ECAS Line 2 18-May-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
10-Jun-2015 ECAS 3rd Line: 23-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2015 Decision Made: 29-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
29-Oct-2015
explorer101 said:
What we hear and read:
1. No Jobs in Canada
2. Racial Profiling

I landed in Canada 5 ½ months back, being disabled It was difficult for me to lift loads or stand all day. I tried but these sort work was not given to me. Placement agency doesn't have office jobs. When they have perfect people for these kinds of jobs why they would hire a person like me. So, I could not earn a single $ till date and spent a lot of my savings.

After landing I stated observing the job market, requirement of employment, learning Canadian system. Thereafter I started sending my resume – in hundreds. No response. Got to know that I was doing mistake. One should post for selected job posting. I faced 2 interviews in Banks and was not selected. Learnt from mistakes in interviews and got enough to be perfect in interviewing and got my 1st job in a bank. Needless to say I am brown man. I could not have hoped for a better job than this. I could not see any racial profiling for my job; my interview was conducted by white people only. I don't have Canadian education or experience. I can not blame for my earlier rejection on any racial profiling, it was my mistakes which resulted in rejection. Few things are here, like you would see most of managerial positions are occupied by white people but I feel the day would not be far when we are going reach to that positions.

I got excellent help for preparation of interviews from 2 members of this forum and moral support from many other members. Everyone here encouraged me to keep me motivated. That motivation kept me having spirit to fight.
Must also thank youtube from where I downloaded lot of interview videos / tips. Loaded with lots of interviewing skills ( self research / friends/glassdoor.com/ youtube) I became a different man. I became too fluent and too perfect in interviewing skills. I am not genius so I devised hard way. I typed all the interviewing questions and typed their answers also. Any free time and I would be going through the same time and again. That helped me in getting a break.

So at anytime someone tells you, no jobs and racial profiling in Canada don't believe it. Look at this from another angle. Look at that you are lacking some skills and need to improve that to get job in Canada.

If someone observe thousand and thousands of jobs are posted everyday in Canada. It means jobs are here. Do not get down by seeing the unemployment graph. There is a lot of frictional unemployment (people who don't want to work and are happy taking social benefits or people who willingly leave a job to get another job).

Enough for today. My friends- qorax, anu ,chari are going for a party now. Catch you people some other time.

Very inspiring :)

xneelx

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(received) 23-12-2014 ||
Doc's Request.
(DD encashed) 25-02-2015 ||
Nomination.....
(PER) 15-03-2015 ||
AOR Received.
(AOR) 21-05-2015 ||
explorer101 said:
What we hear and read:
1. No Jobs in Canada
2. Racial Profiling

Truly inspiring Explorer101 !
Are you still working at the same bank?

According to you which is a better place to land a job in a bank & stay(for a couple), Toronto or Ottawa?