NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Dear Explorer101 & Shibuya,

We really appreciate your contribution to this forum and expect more from both of you. You are the senior members and we really need you on this forum.

If you don't like each other comments, please ignore it.

Regards
Cool

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
My two bits...

If people believe the situation in Canada is bleak - racism, jobs etc. - they have the power to withdraw their application. That's called "CHOICE"

What i do not understand, and much less condone, is that one criticizes the country that offers him / her the promise of a fresh start before reaching there, thereby creating negativity around oneself and unconsciously self sabotaging his / her plans.

It's simple Like it - Immigrate, Don't like it - Don't.

But respect people's decisions - they might not align with yours, but that doesn't make em right or wrong!

FYI Explorer - I second your thoughts about the entire "jobs in Canada" scenario. Those want them bad enough get them, the others, complain, moan and wave the racist flag! After all, it's very easy to be the victim and extremely convenient.

Cheers!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
odin2404 said:
My two bits...

If people believe the situation in Canada is bleak - racism, jobs etc. - they have the power to withdraw their application. That's called "CHOICE"

The problem is that the choice that you talk about is a false choice, it is not based on fact.
Let me explain why, - yes, there is racism in Canada, but racism exists in many other countries.
The outlook in Canada is not as wonderful as many prospective immigrants imagine. A large percentage of immigrants leave Canada after gaining PR.
Jobs in general are still limited, Canada has not come out of recession yet, the USA is our biggest trading partner, the US is still in the middle of a big mess.

The choice should be, if an immigrant wants to come to Canada these conditions, then why not? If they don't want to, that is OK.
The foolish, are those who want to immigrate, and believe everything will be wonderful - it is not, be prepared for things to be worse than you think.

The choice should be an informed one, not blind faith.

What i do not understand, and much less condone, is that one criticizes the country that offers him / her the promise of a fresh start before reaching there, thereby creating negativity around oneself and unconsciously self sabotaging his / her plans.

While I agree that there are some people who are "sabotaging" their own plans, Canada does allow criticism and everyone needs to recognize this before they arrive.
It is part of Canadian life, this is just a small part of the freedom that makes Canada a good place to live. Despite the lack of jobs, racism, economy, etc

It's simple Like it - Immigrate, Don't like it - Don't.

Life is never that simple.
Clearly I think Canada is worth it, even though I am fully aware of real life here.

farima

Star Member
Jan 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
19th July, 2011
Med's Done....
18th Aug, 2011
Passport Req..
27th Sep, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th Oct, 2011
LANDED..........
28 April 2012
Dear Explorer101
thank u so much to start such a nice and motivating post. we r feeling proud of you. wish u the best luck and ever success in everysteps of your up coming life in canada.
farima

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
That is quite shocking, how about after seeing all this you withdraw your immigration application and getting refund of you app money. I can not do that cause I am already here in Canada and let me suffer here. Save yourself, this is right time for you.

7 months here and I am still waiting to see some one discriminate with me. The country I come from discrimanates its own citizens and these Canadians are adopting aliens. Few days back I was with qorax at his place in night , he had lots of snow right on his driveway and a white Canadian knocked at about 10 PM and told Qorax that he is jobless and requested qorax to let him clean the snow and he said that he expects just 2-3 $ for that. That white man is staying in the same type of house where qorax was staying ( now he shifted). The rent of those houses are $ 1600 pm + maintenance charges + taxes. Even when the local educated and experienced white Canadians are unemployed so how come anyone can blame Canadian Govt for not providing instant jobs to new immigrants. To get a job in Canada is by way of competetion. It depends on ones capability and skills and not on racial discrimination. Imagine what would be going on in the mind of jobless Canadians ( white guys, local educated and experience) that we the immigrants are getting their jobs and they are roaming jobless. Take it after few years from now, we as Canadians are laid off and not able to get new job and new immigrants landing and getting jobs. Say thanks to Canadians who do not think in that way as we would surely think.

Create your own post to raise crapy material. This world, people would even if they see God will criticise him, so where Canada stands. When you can create a post of just news publication/ hearsay/ google search items/ cut paste etc etc and your topic is quite enough to acclaim kudos for you, so start with a new post and enjoy there. Where you and your like minded can join and curse Canada and still pursue application for immigration to Canada.

I understand you have got a longstanding itching to confront with me, any time welcome after landing in Canada. Do not underestimate me even in your dreams. I am a born fighter and will fight with adversities till death and I know that you are no challenge for me. Your digging my old post and writing your crap in that is good enough to show your ulterior motive.

My post is only meant for people who wish to start implementing their dreams in Canada and not a discussion ground for your crap.

[b]Canada belongs to winners and not to losers, so Guys become winners for you and for Canada. Fight for success and do not wish to see it served in plate with PR Card. Earn your success and Canada belongs to you [/b]
What a wonderful post ! I really impressed my friend .May God Bless You.....So many +1 for you

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Hats off to you guys ..!!

Canada is a great country, with many opportunities. What we should have is strong will power to grab those opportunities.

Cheers...

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
That is quite shocking, how about after seeing all this you withdraw your immigration application and getting refund of you app money. I can not do that cause I am already here in Canada and let me suffer here. Save yourself, this is right time for you.

7 months here and I am still waiting to see some one discriminate with me. The country I come from discrimanates its own citizens and these Canadians are adopting aliens. Few days back I was with qorax at his place in night , he had lots of snow right on his driveway and a white Canadian knocked at about 10 PM and told Qorax that he is jobless and requested qorax to let him clean the snow and he said that he expects just 2-3 $ for that. That white man is staying in the same type of house where qorax was staying ( now he shifted). The rent of those houses are $ 1600 pm + maintenance charges + taxes. Even when the local educated and experienced white Canadians are unemployed so how come anyone can blame Canadian Govt for not providing instant jobs to new immigrants. To get a job in Canada is by way of competetion. It depends on ones capability and skills and not on racial discrimination. Imagine what would be going on in the mind of jobless Canadians ( white guys, local educated and experience) that we the immigrants are getting their jobs and they are roaming jobless. Take it after few years from now, we as Canadians are laid off and not able to get new job and new immigrants landing and getting jobs. Say thanks to Canadians who do not think in that way as we would surely think.

Create your own post to raise crapy material. This world, people would even if they see God will criticise him, so where Canada stands. When you can create a post of just news publication/ hearsay/ google search items/ cut paste etc etc and your topic is quite enough to acclaim kudos for you, so start with a new post and enjoy there. Where you and your like minded can join and curse Canada and still pursue application for immigration to Canada.

I understand you have got a longstanding itching to confront with me, any time welcome after landing in Canada. Do not underestimate me even in your dreams. I am a born fighter and will fight with adversities till death and I know that you are no challenge for me. Your digging my old post and writing your crap in that is good enough to show your ulterior motive.

My post is only meant for people who wish to start implementing their dreams in Canada and not a discussion ground for your crap.

Canada belongs to winners and not to losers, so Guys become winners for you and for Canada. Fight for success and do not wish to see it served in plate with PR Card. Earn your success and Canada belongs to you
Well said Explorer...!!
To add to this, don't we have to work equally hard in our respective Countries to gain the same status what we believe should be much easier in Canada.... why??
The same Hard Work is required in your new country as much you would do in your home country, but the rewards & satisfaction are far greater in Canada & that is the reason we want to immigrate there... a better & more respectable quality of life.

Kudos Explorer & rightly said, "Canada belongs to winners and not to losers, so Guys become winners for you and for Canada. Fight for success and do not wish to see it served in plate with PR Card. Earn your success and Canada belongs to you"

Rgds,

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SATDXB said:
Hats off to you guys ..!!

Canada is a great country, with many opportunities. What we should have is strong will power to grab those opportunities.

Cheers...
Well said my friend

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
Dear Explorer,

Cant thank you enough for this great piece of info. Its a Commendable job done by u.
Looking forward to meet you soon in this summers along with AnushaChari n Captain :)
Best wishes.

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
Re: Something which I learnt in Canada- Try KBM IT in Calgary

Hello New PR or Landed IT techies,

I posted a thread on on this forum "SAP Training and Placement in Calgary" . KBM IT Solutions primarily deals with SAP training and placements. It has recently started Java/.Net/Web developer/DBA consultants placements as well.
And this company also welcomes new PRs with exp in SAP and Java, while in SAP they train as well.

I believe new PRs should not be discouraged and I agree to the comments that if you have worked in Java/SAP it doesn't matter where you worked.
This company (www.kbmit.com) pushes the client to hire these new immigrants by lowering their rates so that these companies find it enticing.

So IT guys should feel that there are companied who understand them and willing to work with them.

Cheers!! enjoy your new home and hope you can land a job very soon...been there done that..thats how i can understand the pain..

JIGS11

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
What are the chances of getting jobs before landing in to Canada or during the process is going on?

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JIGS11 said:
What are the chances of getting jobs before landing in to Canada or during the process is going on?
Before landing : Nil chance
After Landing : with amendements made as per Canadian style in resume, interview preparation as per North American style, one can get a job.

JIGS11

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
"Before landing : Nil chance
After Landing : with amendements made as per Canadian style in resume, interview preparation as per North American style, one can get a job."

Why nil chances :eek:? I thought there is a category called for "Arranged Employment", i think it will be hard but not completely zero.