Solved: Passport returned from CPC-Ottawa w/o COPR or PR with no reasons

hagt07

Jan 3, 2021
here is my PPR timeline (my ECAS has shown Decision Made since 9 Dec 2020):

DM: 9 Dec 2020
PPR: 31 Dec 2020
Passport mailed by xpresspost to CPC Ottawa: 7 Jan 2021
Passport received by CPC Ottawa: 11 Jan 2021
Email from CPC Ottawa requesting new photos (as ones submitted did not meet specification): 12 Jan 2021
Mailed new photos to CPC Ottawa: 12 Jan 2021
New photos received by CPC Ottawa: 13 Jan 2021
Return xpresspost activated: 20 Jan 2021
Passport and photos received (with letter explaining that a local visa office will contact me later on how to confirm PR status): 22 Jan 2021

i did call IRCC on 21 Jan but they said they only know that the passport was mailed back and the letter in the return will have further instructions. The letter just said to wait for a visa office to contact me to confirm PR status.

Beksi

Aug 29, 2019
here is my PPR timeline (my ECAS has shown Decision Made since 9 Dec 2020):

DM: 9 Dec 2020
PPR: 31 Dec 2020
Passport mailed by xpresspost to CPC Ottawa: 7 Jan 2021
Passport received by CPC Ottawa: 11 Jan 2021
Email from CPC Ottawa requesting new photos (as ones submitted did not meet specification): 12 Jan 2021
Mailed new photos to CPC Ottawa: 12 Jan 2021
New photos received by CPC Ottawa: 13 Jan 2021
Return xpresspost activated: 20 Jan 2021
Passport and photos received (with letter explaining that a local visa office will contact me later on how to confirm PR status): 22 Jan 2021

i did call IRCC on 21 Jan but they said they only know that the passport was mailed back and the letter in the return will have further instructions. The letter just said to wait for a visa office to contact me to confirm PR status.

Did CPC Ottawa confirm receipt of your passport and photos? I sent mine and the tracker shows delivered on Jan 15th but still haven't heard anything back..

hagt07

Jan 3, 2021
Did CPC Ottawa confirm receipt of your passport and photos? I sent mine and the tracker shows delivered on Jan 15th but still haven't heard anything back..
They emailed me within 1 day after receiving passport asking for updated photos. But they only emailed because photos did not meet requirements. I don't think CPC Ottawa sends any confirmation of receipt of passport via email. After my new photos reached CPC Ottawa, they sent the passport back with photos within a week. Are you in Canada?

Reactions: Beksi

Beksi

Aug 29, 2019
They emailed me within 1 day after receiving passport asking for updated photos. But they only emailed because photos did not meet requirements. I don't think CPC Ottawa sends any confirmation of receipt of passport via email. After my new photos reached CPC Ottawa, they sent the passport back with photos within a week. Are you in Canada?
Yes, I'm in Ottawa. I submitted an outland application and once it was approved I was advised to send PP to Ottawa. I was just worried that my PP may be lost but now I can patiently wait.

visitor7

Feb 2, 2021
Dear forum members,

I'm originally an outland PR applicant (VC in Ankara) through my spouse who is Canadian. Due to COVID, we decided that it would be better to be in Ottawa on my TR. Therefore, when I received an email asking me to submit my passport, I sent it to the Ottawa CPC. The request email explicitly suggested that the submission should either be done to Ankara, or to Ottawa CPC.

After a month, I was mailed back my passport (no photos or printed email from the Ankara immigration center that I was requested to include as a part of the original package) with a letter that says that the Temporary Resident Unit of the CPC-Ottawa cannot process my application, as it is obviously, processing TRs.

Has anyone come across such a situation? Any advice would be very much appreciated...

Beksi

Aug 29, 2019
Dear forum members,

I'm originally an outland PR applicant (VC in Ankara) through my spouse who is Canadian. Due to COVID, we decided that it would be better to be in Ottawa on my TR. Therefore, when I received an email asking me to submit my passport, I sent it to the Ottawa CPC. The request email explicitly suggested that the submission should either be done to Ankara, or to Ottawa CPC.

After a month, I was mailed back my passport (no photos or printed email from the Ankara immigration center that I was requested to include as a part of the original package) with a letter that says that the Temporary Resident Unit of the CPC-Ottawa cannot process my application, as it is obviously, processing TRs.

Has anyone come across such a situation? Any advice would be very much appreciated...
This is strange! I followed the exact process (Nairobi) and I'm waiting. I'll keep you posted.

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Hi Guys,
Need some help. I got my PPR today for outland spousal sponsorship application. I'm going to send it to Ottawa. I have a dependent kid for whom I didn't get a separate PPR. Do I need to submit two passports in two different envelopes and two different prepaid xpress envelops or all can be put in one envelop with prepaid envelope?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Guys,
Need some help. I got my PPR today for outland spousal sponsorship application. I'm going to send it to Ottawa. I have a dependent kid for whom I didn't get a separate PPR. Do I need to submit two passports in two different envelopes and two different prepaid xpress envelops or all can be put in one envelop with prepaid envelope?
You should put all in one. The instructions should have said to submit for you and all dependents.

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hello All,

Received ECOPR!!!!!
AOR: Sept 23 2019
PPR : Feb 19 2021
Passport Received by Ottawa: Feb 23
Passport Returned with out COPR: Mar 4 th

Same day received Mail from IRCC and by Mar 8 th ECOPR was available to download.

Reactions: bpcsekhar and geol

aman22

Apr 8, 2020
Originally outland applicant but then moved to Canada and let them know (on visitor visa, husband a citizen). Got an email with request for passport and sent to Ottawa. Got all the docs back today with one extra paper saying:

Please note that we are returning your original documents without a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or permanent resident visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application.

then more to do about Covid etc etc.

Has anyone else gotten then? No reasons given....

EDIT: Solved, so I called IRCC now and they explained it all. They put that letter in by default but actually they gave her PR as of yesterday. They will send out the PR card and/or COPR in time (delays because of Covid etc etc). But yeah they really know how to scare someone!
Did you get an email after this with instructions? I am in the same boat but the IRCC agent with whom I talked to said there are no notes on the file and please wait for communication.

aman22

Apr 8, 2020
Hello All,

Received ECOPR!!!!!
AOR: Sept 23 2019
PPR : Feb 19 2021
Passport Received by Ottawa: Feb 23
Passport Returned with out COPR: Mar 4 th

Same day received Mail from IRCC and by Mar 8 th ECOPR was available to download.

I am in the same boat but I have not received any email/mail by IRCC regarding ECOPR. Just got mail back with the passport without stamping

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
I am in the same boat but I have not received any email/mail by IRCC regarding ECOPR. Just got mail back with the passport without stamping
The process time and the process is varying depending on where you live. In calgary at the moment the process is fast as me and other user got the ECOPR in few days time. For Etobicoke the process is taking 2-3 weeks to complete.

In some other places there is no process of portal access, COPR is provided through mail I bileve. Hopefully you should be done soon.

GreatMan2021

Mar 13, 2021
I got the same letter stating that visa officer will contact you and this doesnot change the decision on my file.Then i contacted IRCC they said that my file is in que of virtual landing.But no COPR or PR card information given.
Hi, I'm in the same boat as you. How was this resolved? I started my application Outland and came to Canada on visitors visa. I got PPR request to send passport to CPC Ottawa. Ottawa returned passport without COPR or stamp saying a visa office will contact me. It's been 2 months now & I am still waiting with no hope in sight