+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Solved: Passport returned from CPC-Ottawa w/o COPR or PR with no reasons

lchazl

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Thank you for your response.
They said it is approved on June 18th.
But I never received any confirmation email or letter from them yet.
So, I am not sure what should I do. Because I have not only send them web form request to issue or send a PR confirmation email but also called them several times. All they said is processing :( and the will get a message soon on cic.

Can you suggest me something that might help please.
I'm in the same boat as you, will take 3 months from that date before you can expect anything in the mail. You won't necessarily get any more emails confirming anything. They told me each office and department is a bit screwed up in communications and processes because of Covid. Meaning office A doesn't know what office B is doing, etc. Just rest assured that all is well and you're already confirmed.

Reactions: SiaSia

SiaSia

Jul 26, 2020
I'm in the same boat as you, will take 3 months from that date before you can expect anything in the mail. You won't necessarily get any more emails confirming anything. They told me each office and department is a bit screwed up in communications and processes because of Covid. Meaning office A doesn't know what office B is doing, etc. Just rest assured that all is well and you're already confirmed.

You are absolutely right. Every time I call them, I have to explain about my application from the beginning .
I am only worrying as my work permit has expired and now I am on implied status. I did applied for an extension on May but it will be over 90 days in August.
I am just hoping at least I get a written confirmation soon because CIC agent's phone confirmation of PR is not legally acceptable.
Please help me out which link did you use to send the queries via web-form to the out-bond visa office.
I will probably get an answer or make the process faster.
Thanks! :)

lchazl

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
You are absolutely right. Every time I call them, I have to explain about my application from the beginning .
I am only worrying as my work permit has expired and now I am on implied status. I did applied for an extension on May but it will be over 90 days in August.
I am just hoping at least I get a written confirmation soon because CIC agent's phone confirmation of PR is not legally acceptable.
Please help me out which link did you use to send the queries via web-form to the out-bond visa office.
I will probably get an answer or make the process faster.
Thanks! :)
As far as I know there's only one webform, where you select the consulate etc and put in your info. Whatever your situation they will be lenient because of covid times, they won't penalize you. Make sure you keep phone records like what date you called on and what they said along with webform queries records.

Reactions: SiaSia

SiaSia

Jul 26, 2020
As far as I know there's only one webform, where you select the consulate etc and put in your info. Whatever your situation they will be lenient because of covid times, they won't penalize you. Make sure you keep phone records like what date you called on and what they said along with webform queries records.
Please send me the link. Thanks!

a.adenike

Jun 15, 2020
Hi everyone, hope you guys are staying safe.
I got my much-awaited passport back having submitted it about 2 months ago. I was shocked to find neither CoPR nor VISA in the envelope.
Can anyone explain what's going on? Why did IRCC request for my passport if they were not going to do anything with it? I'm deeply dissatisfied. Nothing was explained.

Kindly note that I am an Portland applicant and medicals expired July 11

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Hi everyone, hope you guys are staying safe.
I got my much-awaited passport back having submitted it about 2 months ago. I was shocked to find neither CoPR nor VISA in the envelope.
Can anyone explain what's going on? Why did IRCC request for my passport if they were not going to do anything with it? I'm deeply dissatisfied. Nothing was explained.

Kindly note that I am an Portland applicant and medicals expired July 11
Hi

what is the status of your application? Complete or decision made?

a.adenike

Jun 15, 2020
Hi

what is the status of your application? Complete or decision made?
I ordered for GCMS and it showed that the application had been approved counterfoil and COPR sent for printing. Although my medicals expired July 10. I meant outland applicant.

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
I ordered for GCMS and it showed that the application had been approved counterfoil and COPR sent for printing. Although my medicals expired July 10. I meant outland applicant.
I m inside applicant and have the same situation

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
I'm in a similar situation as you and I've called IRCC. They only told me that I have to wait and see. I haven't read anywhere people getting their PR lately, so I am worried too.

SiaSia

Jul 26, 2020
Please, any update from anyone who was in a similar situation and has gotten it resolved?

I will suggest you to call the CIC and ask about the status update. Explain them the whole situation and also use the web-form put everything in writing. They will look into it and will work faster hopefully.

m.ford

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
File Transfer...
06-12-2019
Med's Request
05-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Passport Req..
26-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2020
LANDED..........
09-05-2020
Applied outland but came to Canada in May. Got a request for passport and sent it to Ottawa. Today the package was delivered to Ottawa. I'm on TRV now but the visa record is till November. Should I be worried about the extension of my stay and start preparing docs for that soon or now no need for the extension?