+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Solved: Passport returned from CPC-Ottawa w/o COPR or PR with no reasons

AlexCan2

Sep 21, 2020
Received the same letter today with a passport back. no CoPR no Visa. just promise about "Visa office will contact about next steps"
No idea what to do next. The visitor visa expires in December.

Last edited:

hans1986

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Question: May 27th applicant: Decision made on both sponsor and PR... waiting for Passport... CPC-M... My parents have valid super visa at the moment... in case if they plan to move with super visa, would they be able to get COPR here? or Should they just wait for further instruction instead of travel on super visa?

m.ford

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
File Transfer...
06-12-2019
Med's Request
05-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Passport Req..
26-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2020
LANDED..........
09-05-2020
Received the same letter today with a passport back. no CoPR no Visa. just promise about "Visa office will contact about next steps"
No idea what to do next. The visitor visa expires in December.
I will need to apply for the extension of my stay in October... But don't know whether to start the process or not. Do they realize that longer they issue CoPR, more work they will get (visa extension)?

Reactions: joy857

AlexCan2

Sep 21, 2020
I will need to apply for the extension of my stay in October... But don't know whether to start the process or not. Do they realize that longer they issue CoPR, more work they will get (visa extension)?
Have no idea. Thinking about sending an email and ask what to do next.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Originally outland applicant but then moved to Canada and let them know (on visitor visa, husband a citizen).
How did you let them know? Webforum? My wife is also outland and living with me in Canada. She has not done the bio or med. she git a letter a few weeks ago for the bio, but service Canada is not open for bio submission.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How did you let them know? Webforum? My wife is also outland and living with me in Canada. She has not done the bio or med. she git a letter a few weeks ago for the bio, but service Canada is not open for bio submission.
Others have informed via webform, yes. Due to recent announcement she will not need bio IF she already has from e.g. her TRV application.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Others have informed via webform, yes. Due to recent announcement she will not need bio IF she already has from e.g. her TRV application.
Where did you see this new recent announcement? Because after I sent the web form IRCC’s emailed me back stating that service Canada is closed for Outland biometric submission and to wait out. And my wife from I expressed to them that my wife has a TRV bio that is only one year old and if they can use that for her PR.
Here is the body of the email:

PA Enquiry:
Good day, I received the biometrics collection letter on 3 SEP 20. I am currently living with my husband (sponsor) in Canada. I intend to stay in Canada and extend my visitor status as long as my application is in progress. Service Canada location are not collecting biometrics at the moment. However, I have done a biometrics in July 2019 in VAC Vietnam as part of a TRV application. Can the TRV biometrics be used for my sponsorship application? As we are in the middle of a pandemic and times are uncertain.

IRCC:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the new coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on IRCC clients.

Given that public health authorities continue to recommend social distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19, all biometrics appointments in Canada are cancelled until further notice. Even though some Service Canada offices may be open with limited services, biometrics collection services are still not available. Do not visit a Service Canada office to give your biometrics at this time.

We want to assure you that you do not have to give your biometrics until the designated offices start offering these services again. Your application will not be refused or closed if you cannot give your biometrics due to COVID-19 closures.

We invite you to continue visiting the IRCC and Service Canada websites regularly to obtain the latest updates.

In addition, biometrics collection is recognized globally as a reliable, accurate tool for establishing identity.

Generally, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) if you apply for:

• Temporary resident visa (TRV),
  • Work permit (WP) or study permit (SP) (excluding U.S. nationals),
  • Permanent residence,
  • Refugee claim, and
  • Since December 3, 2019,
    • extension of your stay in Canada (i.e., a visitor record),
    • extension of a WP or SP in Canada.
By answering a few questions on our website, you will be able to determine if you need to give your biometrics for your application and when to give them.

You gave biometrics in the last 10 years for a TRV, WP, or SP and they're still valid?

• You don't have to give them again if you're applying to visit, work, or study in Canada.
  • You have to give them again if you're applying for permanent residence.
  • Please consult our website to know if your biometrics are still valid.
We invite you to consult our website to obtain more information about:

Make sure you follow all the steps to give your biometrics, including paying the biometrics fee, when you apply.

Once you receive the biometric instruction letter (BIL), you can give your biometrics in person by appointment only at adesignated Service Canada location. This applies even if you're in Canada and your application is processed outside Canada.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Where did you see this new recent announcement? Because after I sent the web form IRCC’s emailed me back stating that service Canada is closed for Outland biometric submission and to wait out. And my wife from I expressed to them that my wife has a TRV bio that is only one year old and if they can use that for her PR.
Was just announced two days ago.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2020-biometric-exemption.html

Reactions: CDNsoldier

m.ford

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
File Transfer...
06-12-2019
Med's Request
05-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Passport Req..
26-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2020
LANDED..........
09-05-2020
who has recently got docs from Ottawa confirming PR and/or proof of virtual landing?

m.ford

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
File Transfer...
06-12-2019
Med's Request
05-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Passport Req..
26-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2020
LANDED..........
09-05-2020

Timeline: approx 1,5 month between the passport request and confirmation of PR

m.ford

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
File Transfer...
06-12-2019
Med's Request
05-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Passport Req..
26-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2020
LANDED..........
09-05-2020

Harshdeep1

Sep 21, 2020
Originally outland applicant but then moved to Canada and let them know (on visitor visa, husband a citizen). Got an email with request for passport and sent to Ottawa. Got all the docs back today with one extra paper saying:

Please note that we are returning your original documents without a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or permanent resident visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application.

then more to do about Covid etc etc.

Has anyone else gotten then? No reasons given....

EDIT: Solved, so I called IRCC now and they explained it all. They put that letter in by default but actually they gave her PR as of yesterday. They will send out the PR card and/or COPR in time (delays because of Covid etc etc). But yeah they really know how to scare someone!